Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:47 AM   #1
Minors (Double A)

same AI team signs and releases same day over and over

League name: 1987x88 Official.lg

I don't know how to upload it to the ftp server. The instructions say to paste "ftp://ootpsupport.com/incoming/ootp/saved_games/" into the Windows Explorer access bar. When I do that, I get an FTP Folder Error that says "Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you have typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder. Details: A connection with the server cannot be established." If I paste it directly into a browser window it opens up the ftp://ootpsupport.com website and shows a list of .lg files that apparently other people have uploaded, but there is no way to submit my file. It's just a list. I need better or more up to date instructions if you want the file.

This is the first season of a historical league.

AI teams sign and release players over and over. They sign them and release on the same day. Usually it's a bunch of teams doing it with the same player, sometimes it's the same team doing it with the same player.

For example, one player was signed and released on the same day 67 times in one season. It happened every 2-3 days. For example, a team would sign him on 4/24 and release him on 4/24. Then a different team would sign him on 4/26 and release him on 4/26, then another team would sign him on 4/28 and release him on 4/28. Despite being signed and released 67 times, this player did not appear in a single major or minor league game. This is probably the most egregious example, but there are many, many others.

For some other players, it would be the same team that would sign and release a player every other day.

This seems like an obvious bug. Why is it happening and what can I do about it? It is ruining my game.

Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by 01010010; 07-18-2019 at 12:50 AM.
01010010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Do you have any minor league roster rule limits in your universe. Age? Years of Service?
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:20 PM   #3
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
Do you have any minor league roster rule limits in your universe. Age? Years of Service?
Hah. Yes, I was just coming here to post that this was my hypothesis. Based on historical research, I set do have a maximum AAA-age of 34. I think what was happening was these teams were trying to sign the players for their minor leagues, but immediately released them because they were not age-eligible.

As I mentioned, it was the first year of a historical league so things are a little screwy until you get a second class of rookies, experience for the first set of imported rookies, go through a period of free agency, and get a recalc. The talent distribution then evens out.

Now that I realize this, I'll keep an eye out for it and if I see it again, I'll just manually retire the player. If they are not good enough for a major league roster and too old for a minor league roster, they should be retired anyway. I'd rather do that than have 38 year olds in AAA blocking development of real prospects.

Anyway, you can close this for now. It's not a bug, it's just a result of the way my league is set up. Thanks.
01010010 is offline   Reply With Quote