Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-17-2019, 12:58 AM   #41
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
he has an 80 BABIP rating against both lefties and righties, that probably helps a bit.
Where do you see a BABIP rating?
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:48 AM   #42
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

The Rebels are going absolutely nowhere in bronze, lingering at 52-55. Nothing good is happening with this twice-relegated team.

The Raccoons are also going absolutely nowhere, but in diamond, but at least they clicked one of those novelty gold achievements, turning six double plays in a game for 1k PP. Yeah that compensates for sitting in the middle of nowhere for the umpteenth straight year.

Earlier this week I quick-sold a David Robertson card to make up the difference to buy 1937 SS Dick Bartell for 8k. His bat is thoroughly uninspiring at .253 with six homers. Expensive upgrade over Rey Ordonez, who also batted .230 at times… but without the homers. Ordonez literally has a homer rating in the single digits. I used him for almost 1,700 PA on the Coons - no homers.

I don't know where to go next to be honest. Right now the only suspense around the Coons is whether the rest of the litter pickers gives Big Walt enough runs to win the triple crown…

Edit: for ****s and giggles, the graph for the 6 DP game.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.

Last edited by Westheim; 05-17-2019 at 04:52 AM.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:49 AM   #43
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Perfect 414 National Conference is looking like it's going to be a photo finish, there are three very top teams and an additional three really good teams that all going to have a good chance to winning it all.

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:10 PM   #44
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Doha (76-34) is still 2 games behind the division leader but the wild card is all but certain. Maybe we can catch the leaders but they do not seem intent on slowing down.

Great Lake (75-41) has played much better later and has opened a nice 21 game lead in the division. We are tied for the best record in the conference and home field advantage would be nice to have as we are an all righty team that plays in a righty park.

Perugia (64-45) is still playing surprisingly well and is in the middle of a 3 team fight for the 2 wild card spots. All the teams involved are in the same division so there will be plenty of head to head matchups to decide the race.

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:16 PM   #45
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Update on the Rose comparison below... 92 Rose has been hot lately. Current slash line is .300/.387/.429 with 4 WAR in 104 games as a full-time DH.
Are your ballpark factors all 1.000?

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:49 PM   #46
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Are your ballpark factors all 1.000?
Yes.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:57 PM   #47
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Saints kind of struggling this week so I added Legend Christy Mathewson and moved Righetti to the pen as a closer. Guess we’ll see if that works out.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:43 PM   #48
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Yes.
Picked up the diamond Rose card earlier today, been looking at it for a while now. Thx for the input you've provided here Orcin, my Gwynn/Ordonez DH combo has been tough to watch this season.

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #49
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moalkha View Post
Doha (76-34) is still 2 games behind the division leader but the wild card is all but certain. Maybe we can catch the leaders but they do not seem intent on slowing down.

Great Lake (75-41) has played much better later and has opened a nice 21 game lead in the division. We are tied for the best record in the conference and home field advantage would be nice to have as we are an all righty team that plays in a righty park.

Perugia (64-45) is still playing surprisingly well and is in the middle of a 3 team fight for the 2 wild card spots. All the teams involved are in the same division so there will be plenty of head to head matchups to decide the race.
I think I managed to take 2 out of 3 from the Oilers at the end of July. Doing my part to at least make it difficult on you

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #50
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

this looks like it was a fun game
Attached Images
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:12 PM   #51
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

In other news, my mostly at this point, Braves team (Myles Bakery) is leading its division in Gold. Led by Baker's offense and that amazing Chipper Jones 95% steal rate (19 and 1?, say whaat?).
Attached Images

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:23 PM   #52
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Picked up the diamond Rose card earlier today, been looking at it for a while now. Thx for the input you've provided here Orcin, my Gwynn/Ordonez DH combo has been tough to watch this season.
Good luck with him. He has been a great clutch hitter for me also. I am amazed at how many times he gets the game-winning RBI.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #53
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moalkha View Post
Perugia gave me an idea for a new strategy that has helped my team put together a win streak. Thanks for the free tip. (I reorganized my bullpen roles in a similar manner to yours.)
Old 05-17-2019, 09:32 PM   #54
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
this looks like it was a fun game

Wow! I've never seen a box score quite like that before. Imagine if you had chosen to watch the game 1st.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:40 PM   #55
old timer
Hall Of Famer

For the 1st time in PT20, I took a couple days off from checking on my team and was pleasantly surprised when I looked and saw we're still doing very well. The Raccoons are 88-36 (-2 Pyt) with a 36.5 game lead. As I mentioned before, we're definitely benefiting from an easy schedule, but we've also won all of our series vs teams that seem stronger than us.

I need an upgrade for the bullpen, but it is 3rd in ERA and it's overall strong. We're also 2nd in RA and 2nd in R (we're 3rd in the league in RDiff at +273) so it's been a good year overall.

With respect to individual performances, no one is having a bad year which is something that I don't ever remember seeing before. Even the reserves have all been solid.

Edit: I just noticed that we don't have a losing record against any team. I think this happened last season in diamond as well. It's just luck, but it's still cool.

Last edited by old timer; 05-17-2019 at 09:56 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:14 PM   #56
old timer
Hall Of Famer

While I was away, I missed a no-hitter by Don Sutton who walked only 1 (there were no errors).

Last season was my 1st no-hitter. It was Tom Seaver (the 97 or 96? version). His reward for throwing that no-hitter? I sold him on the AH right after that.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:19 PM   #57
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The Frogs have a bit of a dilemma in this, their 4th "year" at the diamond level. This time around, the team was placed in the deepest division in the league as all 5 teams are currently over .500. The Frogs are currently in last place while also being 8 games over .500. Even so, the team is only 1 game out of the 2nd wild card spot (held by the 3rd place team in my division). Seeing some interesting variety after running away with a very weak 4-team division last "season."
Updating...the Frogs have hit their stride after the All-Star break. They've catapulted from last place into 2nd place (the new last place team in the division is 10 games over .500). Frogs now 1.5 games back of the division leader (4 games up in the wild card race) with an upcoming series to play against the division-leading Durham Devil Dogs.

In-season additions of Harry Brecheen and Bruce Sutter have been rather stabilizing for the pitching staff. Still feels like the team is a starter (or even 2) short of being a serious contender to go deep into the playoffs.

Also decided to 'call up' Darin Erstad and kick Rock Raines back to full-time DH status. Was using the DH spot for Keston Hiura, but decided to totally punt on defense at 3B to train up both Rod Carew and Hiura there. The other defensive positions are pretty airtight with Erstad/Maddox/Ichiro/Aparicio/Simmons/Helton/LaValliere so I can probably afford sacrificing for some offense.
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:38 AM   #58
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
In-season additions of Harry Brecheen and Bruce Sutter have been rather stabilizing for the pitching staff. Still feels like the team is a starter (or even 2) short of being a serious contender to go deep into the playoffs.
Just snagged Brandon Webb for 7900 PP so I'm pretty pleased with how that addresses the above. It feels like a much better team now with a Brecheen/Cole/Webb/Busby/Buehler rotation than what I began the week with. Webb's 50 control rating probably limits his usefulness quite a bit, but my pitching staff is already 2nd best in BBs allowed and 12th best in Ks. Seems like a decent fit for the moment and I can certainly make 1-2K PP in profit if I don't like him.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:53 AM   #59
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornbreaker View Post
I think I managed to take 2 out of 3 from the Oilers at the end of July. Doing my part to at least make it difficult on you

I'll hold you responsible if I end-up in the wild card game

Old 05-18-2019, 03:55 AM   #60
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
For the 1st time in PT20, I took a couple days off from checking on my team and was pleasantly surprised when I looked and saw we're still doing very well. The Raccoons are 88-36 (-2 Pyt) with a 36.5 game lead. As I mentioned before, we're definitely benefiting from an easy schedule, but we've also won all of our series vs teams that seem stronger than us.

I need an upgrade for the bullpen, but it is 3rd in ERA and it's overall strong. We're also 2nd in RA and 2nd in R (we're 3rd in the league in RDiff at +273) so it's been a good year overall.

With respect to individual performances, no one is having a bad year which is something that I don't ever remember seeing before. Even the reserves have all been solid.

Edit: I just noticed that we don't have a losing record against any team. I think this happened last season in diamond as well. It's just luck, but it's still cool.

You have a very good team and right now you are in position to get the best record in the conference.
I think we'll play a couple of series today so we'll see.
Good luck.