Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:16 AM   #21
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons are now 38-14 and still picking on the weak. The discrepancy between the best teams in this league and the weakest teams is considerable. All of the leagues I played in from bronze to diamond were much better balanced. One team is on a 19 game winning streak and is 47-8, but against the really strong teams he's only 4-3.

I added Tom Seaver to my rotation so now my next goal is to upgrade one of my relievers. It seems that control is even more important at perfect than below so I'll be looking for someone with very good control.

Lou Boudreau, my 112 DEF SS continues to hit very well considering his ratings (73 contact). He's hitting .316 and has a career .299 AVG (.348 OBP).

And now for a little trivia: In that 5 HR in one inning game I had, Boudreau hit only 3 HRs all year, but 1 of them was in that inning which gave us 9k PP.

Last edited by old timer; 05-15-2019 at 02:20 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:38 AM   #22
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Lou Boudreau, my 112 DEF SS continues to hit very well considering his ratings (73 contact). He's hitting .316 and has a career .299 AVG (.348 OBP).
he has an 80 BABIP rating against both lefties and righties, that probably helps a bit.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:22 AM   #23
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

All my teams are very much in the playoffs race.

Doha (37-17) is battling it out with another very strong team for the division and there is a likely chance we'll win 100 games and still have to play in the wild card.

Great Lake (33-24) is leading the division by 4 games but it's not playing as well as I expected. We in one of those 4 division leagues and it looks like a playoff spot is within reach.

Perugia (32-22) is in a very competitive division that has the 4 best records in the conference. I am surprised by how well this smallball team is playing in Perfect mainly winning in the friendly confines of the home park where we have a .690 winning pct. On a side note we also managed to sweep Orcin's Colonels in a 4 game series played at home

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #24
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moalkha View Post
Perugia (32-22) is in a very competitive division that has the 4 best records in the conference. I am surprised by how well this smallball team is playing in Perfect mainly winning in the friendly confines of the home park where we have a .690 winning pct. On a side note we also managed to sweep Orcin's Colonels in a 4 game series played at home
Your team looks really good, as usual. Well done!

My Colonels are really struggling right now. The team has hit a collective Perfect Leagues sophomore slump. I am still looking for another top starter but otherwise I am clinging to the hope that they will have a strong second half. We lead the league in opponent’s BABIP, so maybe a few of those lucky hits will turn into outs today.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:06 AM   #25
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I did upgrade my secret weapon, Pete Rose, from the 81 version to the peak 92 card. The 81 Rose had earned 4 playoff MVP awards, so I hope the new version has the same clutch ability.
What are diamond Rose's stats so far?

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:18 AM   #26
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Your team looks really good, as usual. Well done!

My Colonels are really struggling right now. The team has hit a collective Perfect Leagues sophomore slump. I am still looking for another top starter but otherwise I am clinging to the hope that they will have a strong second half. We lead the league in opponent’s BABIP, so maybe a few of those lucky hits will turn into outs today.

You have a very good team and I think you will turn the season around. I'm very surprised about your defensive stats being so bad because you have excellent defenders all-around with the possible exception of Frank Robinson at RF. It must be bad luck.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #27
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

I'm just happy I beat you at least once yesterday.

I somehow landed in Perfect League this week (.411) and currently am 21-32...which honestly sucks because I didn't win the World Series I was in last week; and, it looks like I'll still be in PL next week :\

In moving up though, I finally spent $10 (I've spent $0 on my roster/s up this point, but was about 5100 pp short) to buy 88 Lou Boudreau (which someone else mentioned above). And he's also hitting above .280 so far. This sent Luis Apricio to the utility role (but as a sub he's hitting .299).

Gold Ichiro is hitting .399 as of this morning. And ironically Daniel Murphy is still holding a .300 average.

Liriano is 4-4 with a sub 3.00 era. The rest of my pitching is terrible.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:09 AM   #28
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
he has an 80 BABIP rating against both lefties and righties, that probably helps a bit.
where do you find this at?
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:28 AM   #29
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
What are diamond Rose's stats so far?
55G, 250PA, .286/.364/.405, 112 OPS+, 0.6 WAR as the full-time DH
Old 05-15-2019, 11:35 AM   #30
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You have a very good team and I think you will turn the season around. I'm very surprised about your defensive stats being so bad because you have excellent defenders all-around with the possible exception of Frank Robinson at RF. It must be bad luck.
I have a lot of groundball pitchers and that is a "live by the sword, die by the sword" thing. The defensive efficiency and zone rating are both impacted by the high BABIP, but I am a little surprised by the error rate. My middle infielders, Reese and Gilliam, have 6 each and both are rated over 100 at their positions.

Fortunately, my entire division is struggling, so it is still out there for the team that gets hot.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:47 AM   #31
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
55G, 250PA, .286/.364/.405, 112 OPS+, 0.6 WAR as the full-time DH
Will be interesting to see what the differences in 2Bs and BBs are compared to the gold card over time.

Small sample size I know, but how many 2Bs and BBs does he have so far?

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:04 PM   #32
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornbreaker View Post
I'm just happy I beat you at least once yesterday.

I somehow landed in Perfect League this week (.411) and currently am 21-32...which honestly sucks because I didn't win the World Series I was in last week; and, it looks like I'll still be in PL next week :\

In moving up though, I finally spent $10 (I've spent $0 on my roster/s up this point, but was about 5100 pp short) to buy 88 Lou Boudreau (which someone else mentioned above). And he's also hitting above .280 so far. This sent Luis Apricio to the utility role (but as a sub he's hitting .299).

Gold Ichiro is hitting .399 as of this morning. And ironically Daniel Murphy is still holding a .300 average.

Liriano is 4-4 with a sub 3.00 era. The rest of my pitching is terrible.

Congratulations for making it to Perfect with a F2P team.
I understand that it must be somewhat depressing to realize that you do not have many chances to compete and that it's very difficult to drop down a level.
On the other hand even my team, that I consider the best I can get with my budget, has no chances against the real good ones if I get drawn with them, but I'm having a lot of fun nonetheless.

Last edited by moalkha; 05-15-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:20 PM   #33
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Will be interesting to see what the differences in 2Bs and BBs are compared to the gold card over time.

Small sample size I know, but how many 2Bs and BBs does he have so far?
Perfect League only, 162 game average:

92 Rose (250 actual PA): 188 hits, 26 doubles, 3 triples, 14 HR, 77 walks
81 Rose (706 actual PA): 200 hits, 40 doubles, 3 triples, 15 HR, 47 walks

I will try to remember to update this at the end of the season, when 92 Rose will have close to 700 PA, to see if the hits and doubles even up. So far, the walks are in line with what I expected and why I upgraded.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:51 PM   #34
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Congratulations for making it to Perfect with a F2P team.
I understand that it must be somewhat depressing to realize that you do not have many chances to compete and that it's very difficult to drop down a level.
On the other hand even my team, that I consider the best I can get with my budget, has no chances against the real good ones if I get drawn with them, but I'm having a lot of fun nonetheless.
Thanks. Yeah it's fine, honestly. Liriano, Boggs, Ichiro are all quality enough that I should continue to generate PP, so hopefully I can at least become competitive over a couple of months in the pitching department.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:50 PM   #35
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Mudcats Nashville (I did it that way for a reason, kinda like a soccer club) are threatening to have the best record in Bronze 240 (as of 11am ET this morning) and try to move up to Silver.

What got me going in Bronze was FINALLY getting at best a Gold starter. I ended up with Live Verlander (a 97 Diamond). My bullpen is lights out and I carry an eight man pen (special shout out to Michael Lorenzen for making that a possibility).

Starting lineup:
SS Jose Reyes (Silver All-Star)
CF Carlos Gomez (Diamond All-Star)
DH Carl Crawford (Bronze All-Star)
RF Mitch Haniger (Silver LIVE)
LF David Dahl (Gold LIVE)
3B Kelly Gruber (Gold All-Star)
C Omar Navarez / Mitch Garver (both Silver LIVE)
2B Bobby Doerr (Gold All-Star)
1B Chris Chambliss (Bronze All-Star)

Bench:
IF Luis Guillorme (Bronze LIVE)
OF Alex Verdugo (Silver LIVE)
1B/OF Michael Lorenzen (Silver LIVE)

Rotation:
RH Justin Verlander (Diamond LIVE)
LH Don Mossi (Silver Unsung)
RH Kenta Maeda (Silver LIVE)
RH Hisashi Iwakuma (Bronze All-Star)
RH Collin McHugh (Silver LIVE)

Bullpen:
RH Edwin Diaz (Closer, Gold LIVE)
RH Jeurys Familia (Stopper, Gold LIVE)
LH Mike Stanton (Setup, Gold All-Star)
RH Austin Adams (High Leverage, Silver LIVE)
LH Jake Diekman (LOOGY/Middle, Silver LIVE)
RH Jose LeClerc (Mopup, Silver LIVE)
RH Michael Lorenzen (Middle, Silver LIVE)
RH Ross Stripling (Long, Silver LIVE)

Last edited by nutt; 05-15-2019 at 08:55 PM.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:55 AM   #36
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The balls started to bounce my way in June and we took over first place with a 20-5 streak. I added 98 Don Sutton to the rotation and shuffled the bullpen around a little, but mostly the turnaround was due to good luck and the law of averages ruling in my favor. The team BABIP vs. opponents dropped from .330 to .315 in a month, but it is still well above the league average of .300. So maybe there is more good luck to come.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:33 PM   #37
gemini615
All Star Reserve

I had a first for one of my teams.....7 all stars!
I remember having 5 once in PT19, but 7 is my new record.

What's the highest amount of all-stars you can recall for one of your teams?
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:46 PM   #38
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Yesterday (June), Huntley had separate losing streaks of 6 and 7. Today (July), Huntley won 14 in a row. That's a heck of a ride just to get to 14-13!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:00 AM   #39
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs have a bit of a dilemma in this, their 4th "year" at the diamond level. This time around, the team was placed in the deepest division in the league as all 5 teams are currently over .500. The Frogs are currently in last place while also being 8 games over .500. Even so, the team is only 1 game out of the 2nd wild card spot (held by the 3rd place team in my division). Seeing some interesting variety after running away with a very weak 4-team division last "season."

On another note, the Frogs are proud to announce they've added a diamond starter to the mix in Harry Brecheen. This is the first diamond-level starter that I've been able to purchase via the auction house. Brecheen bumps Zack Wheeler out and joins Gerrit Cole (got him in a pack), Steve Busby, Walker Buehler, and Lance McCullers Jr. The starting staff is still the weakest part of the team, so there may be another splash to acquire pitching in the near future.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:51 AM   #40
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Update on the Rose comparison below... 92 Rose has been hot lately. Current slash line is .300/.387/.429 with 4 WAR in 104 games as a full-time DH.

Quote:
Perfect League only, 162 game average:

92 Rose (488 actual PA): 198 hits, 26 doubles, 2 triples, 19 HR, 87 walks
81 Rose (706 actual PA): 200 hits, 40 doubles, 3 triples, 15 HR, 47 walks