Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:59 PM   #1
Acehawk74
Bat Boy

Some Data Analytics in Tableau

Hi everyone. I am currently trying to become a lot more involved in data analytics, and am currently in a course for data visualization. I'm a huge OOTP guy, and have been involved in the OOTP online community for some time. I have an assignment that requests feedback for some visualizations I have created in Tableau. There are two links. 1, the Tableau Story I created, and a Feedback form.

Could you guys take a look, and feel free to give me any constructive feedback you are willing to share? I do have some suggested questions on the form. Additionally, please let me know of any other comparisons, or suggestions for different ideas. Here is some context: This is Sim Baseball Classic, our 10th season's halfway point data. It's focusing only on batters and defense at this point in time.

Thank you in advance. I hope you all enjoy the visualizations. Ill be willing to answer any questions you may have!

Tableau Story
Survey Link

Last edited by Acehawk74; 12-10-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Acehawk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:54 AM   #2
cavebutter
All Star Starter

Good work here! I filled out the evaluation and I wanted to let you know here that this is good work. I may have been a little harsh in my commentary - sometimes I come off that way. Tableau is an awesome tool, and props to you for tackling it.

Data science is hard. It demands that you learn 4 things at once:
How to use the tools
How to wrangle and understand data
How to ask the right questions / tell good stories
How to present it clearly

Almost all DS projects are stronger in some of these areas than others. It's a long, hard road - but you're well on your way.

I'm happy to talk shop.

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:43 AM   #3
Morris18
Bat Boy

Wanna Discuss Something

I want to discuss something related to this forum, i am new here and i want to know the rules of this forum. Can anybody tell me about this?
Morris18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:00 AM   #4
LouiseKeith
Bat Boy

Wanna Discuss Something

I want to discuss something related to this forum, i am new here and i want to know the rules of this forum. Can anybody tell me about this?
LouiseKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:05 AM   #5
LouiseKeith
Bat Boy

Discussion about this forum

What type of topics can be posted here, what things we can post in off-topic boards?
LouiseKeith is offline   Reply With Quote