Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-04-2018, 03:44 PM   #1
1994WSChamps
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Minor league team with Illegal # of players

I started a standard game, expanded immediately. I'm 3 games into my season and I can't advance because my AA team only has 1 player on it. How do I fix that? I don't want to just create fill teams with fictional players

Thanks
1994WSChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

you can assign free agents to the team. Or you can play with ghost players (they show up as Jim unknowns). Or if you have excess players on other levels, you could demote them. If other teams are hoarding players, you could assign them to your team. (To assign FA or any player to a specific team, go to- player profile. then editor. then "Team Information" , first select the league level, then on line below that you can now Select new Team - pick the team you want to put the player on. The player is then on that team. no trades needed, no offers to extend and wait for answers, since you can't advance to to illegal number of players.)
hope this helps. good luck.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 07-04-2018 at 04:01 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 04:05 PM   #3
1994WSChamps
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How do I allow ghost players? I've never had this problem in the past... I can't find where to change this option.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:12 PM   #4
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994WSChamps View Post
How do I allow ghost players? I've never had this problem in the past... I can't find where to change this option.
League Settings. Left side of screen, near bottom is a line "Allow Incomplete Minor League Rosters ( Ghost Players)"
check that box and then you can play with incomplete minors. The rosters will be filled with "Jim unknowns" and be fairly crummy talent wise, but it will allow you to continue.

somewhere on the league settings (historical page? -i'm in a fictional game now, so it doesn't appear) is a line to check not to allow fictional players to make major leagues. you may want to check that also so none of these Jim unknowns make it to your major leagues.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen

Old 07-05-2018, 07:40 AM   #5
1994WSChamps
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok that’s the problem. I’ve started my season, so that’s why it doesn’t show up??
Old 07-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #6
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

allowing ghost players should appear even if you've started a season. i'm in mid-june in my game and it appears. allowing ghost players should be allowed to be checked/unchecked during the season.

as far as not allowing fictional players to the majors, i think that's only in a historical game, and i don't have one going currently to check. but the setting should be SOMEWHERE in the league settings, rules, options, or historical tabs. that also should be visible and able to be checked/unchecked at any time.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 07-05-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #7
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

If you have to do it to get the game to advance, you could create fictional players becauss few/none of them will make the majors. Or just shortlist them and delete them as you sign players.

Or you could manually assign some .5 no-hope free agents to the squad via commissioner mode. Same method, as you advance cut them loose. Or not, honestly it's pretty unlikely any of these players do anything important.

Current Project: WBAT/AABBA: Organized Base Ball And the "New Normal" World Baseball Aid Tournament 2023 trophy round underway!
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote