Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:31 AM   #681
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Good work on the upgrade of Tyson Fury!
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:16 PM   #682
popimorenito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Floyd Mayweather has been retired now since September. I've hesitated to change his ratings to the latest JMW ratings on the Changelist (Thanks Ice Tea) because I'm curious to see if the game will update during my weekly database updates. So far it hasn't. Is there a reason that Floyd hasn't been moved to the inactive/retired list of fighters within the game? It's not a big deal since it is something that I can do manually. However, I am wondering if there are other fighters who have their ratings updated on the Changelist that I'm unaware of that don't make it into the game. I am using the "tbdata.titleboutboxing.com" online database server. Should I go back to the previous address? If so, what is it? Thanks.
popimorenito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:29 PM   #683
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimorenito View Post
Floyd Mayweather has been retired now since September. I've hesitated to change his ratings to the latest JMW ratings on the Changelist (Thanks, Ice Tea) because I'm curious to see if the game will update during my weekly database updates. So far it hasn't. Is there a reason that Floyd hasn't been moved to the inactive/retired list of fighters within the game? It's not a big deal since it is something that I can do manually. However, I am wondering if there are other fighters who have their ratings updated on the Changelist that I'm unaware of that don't make it into the game. I am using the "tbdata.titleboutboxing.com" online database server. Should I go back to the previous address? If so, what is it? Thanks.
Since last November when my laptop died, I didn't have the ability to update the game until summer. I had a version of the game on an older laptop, but it was so slow that I stopped with the updates. Since, I've had intermittent ability to update the game due to numerous reasons. Currently, I'm updating the game daily with the new version. It doesn't update to the old change list. I moved Mayweather to retired the day after his last fight I believe.

When the new version is issued, I'll have the ability to delete files. The database, mostly with the current fighters, needs an overhaul (deleting unnecessary files, updating deaths, adjusting ratings) which will take a year.
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:32 PM   #684
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimorenito View Post
Floyd Mayweather has been retired now since September. I've hesitated to change his ratings to the latest JMW ratings on the Changelist (Thanks Ice Tea) because I'm curious to see if the game will update during my weekly database updates. So far it hasn't. Is there a reason that Floyd hasn't been moved to the inactive/retired list of fighters within the game? It's not a big deal since it is something that I can do manually. However, I am wondering if there are other fighters who have their ratings updated on the Changelist that I'm unaware of that don't make it into the game. I am using the "tbdata.titleboutboxing.com" online database server. Should I go back to the previous address? If so, what is it? Thanks.
tbdata.titleboutboxing.com is the correct address for the new database server and will insure that you receive all new updates.

The address for the new change list is

Title Bout Championship Boxing - Online Data

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title

Last edited by bear; 01-15-2016 at 10:43 PM.
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:58 AM   #685
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Also just noticed the upgrade of Deontay Wilder - prior to his fight last night.

Thanks to you guys for keeping these fighters updated & current.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:39 PM   #686
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamed2 View Post
Also just noticed the upgrade of Deontay Wilder - prior to his fight last night.

Thanks to you guys for keeping these fighters updated & current.
The new IBF champion has a rating (4).
Old 01-17-2016, 01:02 PM   #687
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

LOL, thanks Ice Tea, I just saw that & while watching the fight last night, I told my brother he's not in the game yet but I bet he's a 4 or 5.

Also thanks for the update on Luis Ortiz @ a 6.

The modern HW division sort of bored me - not any more!

Last edited by hamed2; 01-17-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:13 PM   #688
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

As of right now I can't update the database. Here is what this fighter will look like when I get things fixed.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by IceTea; 01-28-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:10 AM   #689
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I had Amir Mansour ahead by a wide margin when the fight was stopped. Breazeale did not impress me much, but then neither did the new WBA champion. A young Mike Tyson (not my favourite fighter) would make hash out of most of these giant failed basketball players posing as heavyweight boxers.

Cap
Old 01-29-2016, 09:42 AM   #690
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
I had Amir Mansour ahead by a wide margin when the fight was stopped. Breazeale did not impress me much, but then neither did the new WBA champion. A young Mike Tyson (not my favourite fighter) would make hash out of most of these giant failed basketball players posing as heavyweight boxers.

Cap
I agree, he was lucky Amir could not continue. The HW division is interesting now because the top guys all have flaws that should make for good fights.

Of the 3 from last Sat night, Amir's fight was the most entertaining for me - which I didn't anticipate.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #691
bear
Global Moderator

I entered Mark's version of Breazeale into the official database

Old 01-29-2016, 02:40 PM   #692
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post

Cap
Mike Tyson? I don't even know if they could handle a prime Mike Mollo.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:52 PM   #693
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Anyone done/seen stats on Eduard Troyanovsky yet?

He's 23-0, 20 KO's & the IBF champ after taking the title from Cueva (by 6th round stoppage) who was 48-0.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:30 PM   #694
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamed2 View Post
Anyone done/seen stats on Eduard Troyanovsky yet?

He's 23-0, 20 KO's & the IBF champ after taking the title from Cueva (by 6th round stoppage) who was 48-0.
PWillis did this one
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Troyanovsky_Eduard_LW_Active_Prime.tbdx3 (1.7 KB, 43 views)

Old 02-28-2016, 08:22 PM   #695
JoBoxer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I recently bought the latest 2013 version the other day and have been reading over the manual.

My first of many questions. If I am playing an only Active universe with only Active fighters, do I need to do anything with the auto aging function?

Are the Active fighters regularly updated with their ratings reflecting where they are currently?

Any replies are appreciated.

Edit: I guess adding on another question: When using current Active fighters, do I need to do anything with their career stage? What should it be set at?
I tried getting clarification from the manual, but it really isn't covered. The manual is fairly vague, especially compared the the OOTP manuals.

Last edited by JoBoxer; 02-28-2016 at 08:45 PM.
JoBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #696
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I don't use current active fighters. I don't think you have to do anything with them as far as aging and career stages go. They are all at their most recent ratings. The ratings team does a good job of keeping them up to date.

Cap
Old 02-29-2016, 11:05 AM   #697
JoBoxer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey thanks for the response. However, one of the five career stages has to be used when you do fights. The default is "Prime."

So, just leave it at "Prime" then, and that will leave the current ratings where they are?
JoBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #698
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBoxer View Post
Hey thanks for the response. However, one of the five career stages has to be used when you do fights. The default is "Prime."

So, just leave it at "Prime" then, and that will leave the current ratings where they are?
Yes.

Cap
Old 03-10-2016, 11:00 AM   #699
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Was just curious if we'd have some WW updates on guys like Chris Algieri, Brandon Rios, Lamont Peterson & Danny Garcia all moving up to 147 & a new guys like Sammy Vazquez & Aussie Jeff Horn?

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2016, 02:25 AM   #700
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Several new fighters have been posted.
Keela Byars 0-HW
Luara Ramsey 3-HW
Joseph Diaz 6-FW
Sullivan Barrera 4-LHW
Andre Ward 10-LHW
Hughie Fury 4-HW
Dante Jardon 3-LW
Wendy Gervois 0-LW
Melanie Zwecker 1-FW
Maiva Hamadouche 8-LW

Last edited by IceTea; 03-29-2016 at 02:37 AM.