Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #221
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

A shame, as this was really good, but of course I totally understand. Perhaps you could share some of your ideas in the suggestion thread that the design team could look at for the new version?
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #222
The_Cobra
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Location: Carlton, Nottingham - 5 mins down the road from Frochy!
Jade if your still around, just wanted to thank you for the work you put into this sheet. Your work was definitely not in vain. I'm working on a management mod at the moment, and scheduling was one of the things that was giving me nightmares to think about, but the work you've put in on this sheet gives me a great starting point for ideas and structure.

Just thought it would be nice for you to know that people are still getting something out of your work after the fact, so no matter if you did'nt get it as far as you would have liked, it's still going to be invaluable to me and the project I'm working on. I wont be using your work directly because my solution will be to cut out apps like excel altogether, but the spreadsheet provides a basis to build ideas on. Top work.
The_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #223
Scruff
Minors (Triple A)

Just figured I'd bump this to see if Jade or Cobra or anyone else is working on anything with this, or if there is another thread I should be following. Been away from TB for awhile and thinking of getting back into it. Thanks!
Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #224
The_Cobra
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Location: Carlton, Nottingham - 5 mins down the road from Frochy!
Hi Scruff. I've been inactive for a long while and was'nt working on anything (I started a project and suffered a data loss, plus some personal issues) so things kind of came to a dead stop.

I have since re-started my project and making fast progress. I'll throw up a thread now with the latest info and drop the link on this thread just incase you dont spot the other thread. Thanks for your interest.

EDIT: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3460919

There you go Scruff, have a read of that.

Last edited by The_Cobra; 03-11-2013 at 09:01 AM.
The_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #225
McClearyMauler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade_00 View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post, thank you all for reading.

I have owned title bout for a number of years, and enjoyed it a great deal.

I enjoyed it a great deal further when I began searching this forum, and found two things:

1) Cubedrum's photo pack (god bless the guy)

2) An excel based universe (I can't remember the author, I'm sorry)

I have taken a great deal from the people that post here that have enriched my enjoyment of TBCB so much - and now soon I have something to offer in return.

The reason for this post - and please, I mean no disrespect - I have created an Excel based universe that is far in advance of any that have been posted here previously.

Many of the excel universes that have been offered here previously are fantastic - but the downside is that they ask you to do a great deal many things outside of the sheet itself. Ie, roll a die, change the age, change the date, schedule fights etc etc.

The only thing my universe needs is the following:

1) Create a list of fighters: Can be 10 can be 10,000, doesn't matter. They will be picked out, activated, age and retire in due time. all you have to do is create the list of names. (You can just export the database from TBCB if need be)

2) Three steps: Click button one, and a fighter is 'born' into your universe. Click button two and fights are scheduled, and you use a drop down menu to record the result (W, L, DQ, NC, D, KO, LKO etc etc etc). Click button three, and all results are processed, rankings, fighter records EVEN the change of a world title.

3) You have to manually change the age and activation of a fighter in TBCB. Sorry, the sheet can't do it for you. It will warn you to make the change, but you still have to do it in TBCB.

The reason for the post:

I have worked on this since November, it isn't quite ready but it is getting there. I have poured many, many hours into this and was not going to post it if it was to be ignored.

What I am basically looking for is an expression of interest. If people would like to see and use it then great, i'll give it away no problem. If people have question as to how the sheet operates under certain scenarios, Ie; who does the World Champ fight, how do veterans fit in, who gets ranked etc etc, I'd like to hear them now.

I anticipate this will be ready in about three weeks, and really wanted to use the feedback of the people on this forum to:

1) Gauge interest, ie. should I post it

and

2) Get feedback and questions which might help me improve it before release.

Greatly appreciate you reading this - hope you have a comment.

Kind Regards,

Jade.
yes
Old 10-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #226
McClearyMauler
All Star Starter

Does anybody still have a copy of this they could email me.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #227
SAL
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClearyMauler View Post
Does anybody still have a copy of this they could email me.
Yes..........I do.

Has anyone emailed this to you yet?
SAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:06 AM   #228
popimorenito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sal,

Could I get a copy of the program as well?
popimorenito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #229
SAL
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimorenito View Post
Sal,

Could I get a copy of the program as well?
Here it is!
Attached Files
File Type: zip TBCB Universe Beta.zip (107.3 KB, 69 views)
Old 10-24-2013, 02:48 AM   #230
popimorenito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you Sal. I'm excited to use this!
Old 10-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #231
popimorenito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A few questions

I have a few questions regarding the program.

Has anyone figured out how to change the start date in the Excel Program? I recall seeing a post that stated that this is possible, however, no instruction was given on how to go about doing so.

Also, if I am using a universe in which I have linear champions, title claimants, and former contenders (no TC's), and I wish for them to fight in their prime and no retirements, how does this affect the program? I guess what I'm asking is, can the career stage be ignored within the program and will it have any effect on the rankings if I do so?

And finally, if I have a fighter like Henry Armstrong fighting in 2 divisions, meaning that I have him listed in 2 of these programs (for instance: TBCB Universe Welterweight and TBCB Universe Lightweight), and by some fluke he is scheduled to fight in both of them on the same day or a few days apart, what would you suggest the best way to resolve this would be? Is there a way to run all of the scheduled fights except for his and have his scheduled fight roll over to the next scheduled fight date after processing the results for all others? Or to delete the fight in one of the programs? If he were champion in both divisions I suspect that I would have him forfeit one of the titles if an issue such as this came up.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited by popimorenito; 10-25-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #232
SAL
Hall Of Famer

Sorry can't help. I just happened to have the program but have never spent any time with it.