Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Trouble-Shooting & Tech Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #221
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I just noticed that several fighters pics have changed from what I had before. When I did an import at some point the game added a few thousand pictures I didn't want and overwrote some of mine, no idea how many. Now I have to go through them one at a time to replace the crappy pics with my good ones. (Jess Willard with a collar and tie!!!?)

Geez!

Cap
Old 07-07-2013, 02:33 AM   #222
Speck
Minors (Single A)

Auto-Scheduler - Last Names Affect Selection Frequency

I'm running version 1.1, but I'm pretty sure I saw this in 1.0 as well. If there are an odd number of fighters in the auto-scheduler, it seems that fighters with a last name starting with 'Z' or a lowercase letter (like 'de Keersgieter') have fewer bouts scheduled. Possibly doing a random sort of all the available fighters before scheduling the bouts would help (if that's not being done already)? It could also be an index array selection issue somewhere along the line.
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:35 AM   #223
popimorenito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Fighter 2 and the Generic Trainer

I hate to say this but I have noticed another issue. I have been running a card and began to notice that when using fighters who have no designated trainer assigned to them, fighter number 2 will always have the Generic Trainer assigned to him. For instance, if I am fighting Jeff Chandler (Fighter One) vs Lupe Pintor (Fighter Two) with neither fighter assigned a trainer, the computer will assign Chandler a name trainer while assigning Pintor the Generic Trainer. I have tested this a few times now and it happens 100% of the time. This is with version 1.1. I have not tried this with the original but I think I will reinstall the original TBCB 2013 and see if this holds true for that version as well.
popimorenito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #224
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimorenito View Post
I hate to say this but I have noticed another issue. I have been running a card and began to notice that when using fighters who have no designated trainer assigned to them, fighter number 2 will always have the Generic Trainer assigned to him. For instance, if I am fighting Jeff Chandler (Fighter One) vs Lupe Pintor (Fighter Two) with neither fighter assigned a trainer, the computer will assign Chandler a name trainer while assigning Pintor the Generic Trainer. I have tested this a few times now and it happens 100% of the time. This is with version 1.1. I have not tried this with the original but I think I will reinstall the original TBCB 2013 and see if this holds true for that version as well.
Woops, my bad... typo, it's now fixed!
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #225
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
I just noticed that the button for starting a tournament contains the phrase "get ready to rumble." Fight announcer Michael Buffer has copyrighted/trademarked his catchphrase "Let's get ready to rumble." I really think this phrase should be removed from our game.
Its also the lyric in an Ant&Dec song..... Yes your right, the commentary text should have this line removed. Its better to be safe than sorry...
Old 07-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #226
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimorenito View Post
Greetings! I just installed the new 1.1 patch for TBCB 2013 and am getting a blank picture frame between rounds during my initial fight between Yuri Arbachakov and Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson. Is this happening with anyone else? This is on my Windows 7 system.
First, if you hit the F9 key the game will save a screen shot to your disk automatically without your desktop behind...

This is very confusing. The RCG popup shows v1.1 improvements, however the skin data is still v1.0! This should not happen. That frame should show the default RCG picture. Who was you RCG? Can you delete your "Default.bin" file in the skin folder "Documents/tbcb2013/data/skins/" to make the skin file refresh...
Old 07-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #227
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
First, if you hit the F9 key the game will save a screen shot to your disk automatically without your desktop behind...

This is very confusing. The RCG popup shows v1.1 improvements, however the skin data is still v1.0! This should not happen. That frame should show the default RCG picture. Who was you RCG? Can you delete your "Default.bin" file in the skin folder "Documents/tbcb2013/data/skins/" to make the skin file refresh...
Fixed it...
Old 07-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #228
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
Its also the lyric in an Ant&Dec song..... Yes your right, the commentary text should have this line removed. Its better to be safe than sorry...
I don't know who Ant&Dec is [are], but I think the problem here would be in using the phrase in a boxing context. I have not noticed "get ready to rumble" in the commentary text, but it is on the button that you click to begin a tournament.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #229
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't know who Ant&Dec is [are], but I think the problem here would be in using the phrase in a boxing context. I have not noticed "get ready to rumble" in the commentary text, but it is on the button that you click to begin a tournament.
Maybe it should be "Protect yourselves at all times." or "Let's have a good clean fight." or simply, "Box!"

Cap
Old 07-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #230
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
I am getting confused, I can't seem to find the text ahywhere.. can you send me a screenshot to help with my bad eyesight

Here is Ant&Dec, or their stage names at the time PJ and Duncan.. They have become household names in England for the presenting skills on "I'am a celebrity", "Britains Got talent" and "X-Factor"
PJ & Duncan AKA - "Let's Get Ready To Rhumble" - YouTube

I agree we need to change this as it not worth running the risk, however "Lets rumble", "Having a rumble" etc are common slang used in the North of England to mean a fight. I doubt the copyright would be enforceable in UK courts, which is of course the games durisdiction. Its kinda like trying to copyright the phase, "Hell Yeah!"... or "Thats gotta hurt!"

Can you send the screenshot to someone@pisd.co.uk and I will change it, after all we don't want to upset anyone..
Old 07-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #231
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Look--you wanted to be informed about important issues. Copyright is a very important issue, and like everyone here, I am bringing various things to your attention because I am trying to help.

Software is an extremely complex animal, and you need as many eyeballs as possible to help you make this product as polished as it can be. There is a lot of good will out here among us aging TBCB fans. We want you to be successful so that you can get at least some compensation for your hard work.

But as the young people say, "whatever." I'm sorry I bothered you.
Attached Images
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #232
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Look--you wanted to be informed about important issues. Copyright is a very important issue, and like everyone here, I am bringing various things to your attention because I am trying to help.

Software is an extremely complex animal, and you need as many eyeballs as possible to help you make this product as polished as it can be. There is a lot of good will out here among us aging TBCB fans. We want you to be successful so that you can get at least some compensation for your hard work.

But as the young people say, "whatever." I'm sorry I bothered you.
I think you misunderstood, I am very thankful you pointed this out... I would always rather you guys said something than keep quiet when you think something is wrong. I will ask Aurelio to address these graphical issues now you have pointed them out to me... Thank you for your help here...

In my last post I simply tried to reassure/explain my understanding of the legal point of view. It never was, nor never is my attention to offend... Please keep the observations coming, that are greatly received...
Old 07-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #233
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Have to agree here. Judging by the cheering and applause, even in Europe, when Michael Buffer starts his "Let's get Ready...", it is a universally recognized tagline. "Let's rumble!" used to be common in North America when street toughs had grease in their hair, wore leather jackets and used switch-blade knives instead of glocks. Just to be on the safe side I'd get rid of the tired Get Ready to Rumble line. Why not "Box On!" or "Come Out Fighing!"?

As for the other, I'd get rid of that poster and replace it with a replica of an old time fight poster of which there are numerous examples to inspire.

Cap
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 07-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #234
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morris View Post
I have a curious problem in my uni save which I have transferred over to TB 2013. If I click on the fighters locker then try to select certain fighters to look at by double clicking on their name I get the "tbcb.exe has stopped working" message and the game closes. The game will still load fine the next time but I get this error message but (and here's the curious part, to me anyway) it only happens when I click on certain fighters like Joe Louis and Ezzard Charles for example. Other fighters I can double click on them fine, like for example Floyd Patterson and Jersey Joe Walcott.
This is now fixed in version 1.1 so thank you Paul
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #235
Speck
Minors (Single A)

Auto-scheduler skipping some fighters

This is with version 1.2 in Linux.

Boxers with a last name starting with a letter at the end of the alphabet or with a lowercase letter do not have as many matches scheduled as other fighters. I've noticed this when there are an odd number of fighters.
Attached Images
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #236
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier_83 View Post
I found something strange yesterday.

i was showing the game to one of my cousin and the first thing that i found is:

first, for example you have Mayweather as a welterweight.

and i assign to him the WBA Super Welterweight title.
the problem comes that the title of the bellt said WBA WELTERWEIGHT Champion instead of WBA Super Welterweight

Sample:
In V.1.2 this still happening
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #237
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This issue is still in v1.1

Also the 999 bouts in the Autoscheduler crash my game:

Both errors appear to me in a new game that i created today.
It happen to me again (version 1.2)

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: tbcb.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 51e01709
Fault Module Name: tbcb.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 51e01709
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000171a3d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: aefe
Additional Information 2: aefef00bd7441e6267a47929b3019a05
Additional Information 3: 1230
Additional Information 4: 123098a55309749f06b92c191cb491f0

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Old 07-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #238
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:

Problem signature:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
This bug is driving me nuts... I have looked for it 3-4 times already.. Try as I might I have never got it to repeat... I see in your red corner you have the same fighter, I have not tried that... here I go again...
Old 07-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #239
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Problem signature:

I ran autoscheduler with 999 bouts, it seemed to run them, but kept stopping because something was missing (See error message).

Cap
Attached Images
Old 07-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #240
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

Hi Paul!

I found another minor issue, i am in the Autoscheduler screen, and i go from there the the fighters table, if i click back from the fighter table i go back to the menu, instead of returning to the Autoscheduler screen.

Regards!!