Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
Spanky
Major Leagues

HELP - Importing Historical Players From Lehman's

I am trying to import Historical Players from Lehman's into an existing league. The league says it is in the pre-season mode. However, I continue getting the message "Historical Player Imports Failed." I have tried using the Lehman's MASTER.CSV, TEAMS.CSV AND TEAMSFRANCHINE.CSV files for the importing but they all failed to load any players into a new team in my league. Does anybody know exactly how to make this work? If so, what are the steps? This used to be so easy to perform but I've lost touch with how to do it in the many new itinerations and updates of OOTP. I appreciate any knowledgable help.

Spanky

Last edited by Spanky; 07-04-2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Editing title
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #2
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
I am trying to import Historical Players from Lehman's into an existing league. The league says it is in the pre-season mode. However, I continue getting the message "Historical Player Imports Failed." I have tried using the Lehman's MASTER.CSV, TEAMS.CSV AND TEAMSFRANCHINE.CSV files for the importing but they all failed to load any players into a new team in my league. Does anybody know exactly how to make this work? If so, what are the steps? This used to be so easy to perform but I've lost touch with how to do it in the many new itinerations and updates of OOTP. I appreciate any knowledgable help.

Spanky
i will answer for you

1 go into free agents, click on import historical player
2 when the window comes up click on master
3 have the id correct (this is important, you can look it up on baseball almanac if you are not sure) and the year
Likely the reason you are having a problem is the wrong import
as a test try
ruthba01

you should get babe ruth in 1921

aside for those importing historical players into a fictional league
i find the players are rated too low, and they never (except for a few) become stars- my suggestion is to
bump up all the historical players ratings some (especially their fielding, by 20 or 30 points all around)
test it out to see what works for you. the idea of importing a chipper jones is you want him to do well
for example

Last edited by sprague; 07-04-2012 at 02:59 AM.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Spanky
When you click Import Historical Player you want the Historical_Database_ODB. Located in the OOTP 13/Stats folder.

Chipper Jones aka Devil Anse Hatfield is fine for me. Imported 1995. But yes most imported players are 2 -3 stars.

Edit: Use the shmtl from baseball-reference.com for the import. So Chipper Jones would be jonesch06.

Last edited by The Game; 07-04-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: edit
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
Spanky
Major Leagues

Question: Lehman's Database

Is it no longer possible to import teams and player's directly from Sean Lehman's database? If possible, what are the steps for doing so? Which file do I use to extract the teams/players from? If not, what other sources do I check? Which folders/files do I extract the teams/players from? Spanky

Ps. I will try the suggestions given so far but there are not the ones I used in the past to extract data from Sean Lehman's baseball database.

Thank you everybody for the help.

Spanky
Old 07-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Is it no longer possible to import teams and player's directly from Sean Lehman's database? If possible, what are the steps for doing so? Which file do I use to extract the teams/players from? If not, what other sources do I check? Which folders/files do I extract the teams/players from? Spanky

Ps. I will try the suggestions given so far but there are not the ones I used in the past to extract data from Sean Lehman's baseball database.

Thank you everybody for the help.

Spanky
We both told you, just follow our suggestions
the database taht comes with the game is the lehman database
it should be the database in that is in your stats folder in ootp folder (in your documents area) unless for some reason you took that one out and replaced a different database in its place.

stats
master
player name or team
that should work fine
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
We both told you, just follow our suggestions
the database taht comes with the game is the lehman database
it should be the database in that is in your stats folder in ootp folder (in your documents area) unless for some reason you took that one out and replaced a different database in its place.

stats
master
player name or team
that should work fine
Yes Master.cvs also works, sorry I forgot about that 1. I only use Historical_Database.odb.
Spanky which other versions of OOTP are you talking about? I am on my 3rd version and Master or H_D.odb are the 2 you want. plus player ID.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:25 AM   #7
Spanky
Major Leagues

Importing Player Data Is Now Successful!

Thank you everybody for the advice. It was spot on and worked extremely well using Historical_Database_ODB. Located in the OOTP 13/Stats folder. I did not have to use player ID numbers as I noticed they were imported as well. I'm in the process of updating Spanky's All Time Greats from 2005 to 2011. When complete it will include every great player from 1900 to present day. Maybe someday I will have the opportunity to post the DB for all to use again providing I can find somebody or someplace to host the file. So far, the DB includes thousands of players.

Again, thank you all for your timely and expert advice!

Spanky
Old 07-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you everybody for the advice. It was spot on and worked extremely well using Historical_Database_ODB. Located in the OOTP 13/Stats folder. I did not have to use player ID numbers as I noticed they were imported as well. I'm in the process of updating Spanky's All Time Greats from 2005 to 2011. When complete it will include every great player from 1900 to present day. Maybe someday I will have the opportunity to post the DB for all to use again providing I can find somebody or someplace to host the file. So far, the DB includes thousands of players.

Again, thank you all for your timely and expert advice!

Spanky
Couldn't you put it on OOTPMods.com like the Spritz & Gambo DB's?