Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #101
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
While I certainly appreciate that the international signings could be handled better, I think it's quite the hyperbole to say it's almost a game-breaking issue.
I didn't say it was game-breaking for anyone else; only myself.

Signing young players and building up a huge stable of cheap talent is my favorite thing to do in this game. I live for those personal messages from my scout. That's why this issue is so bothersome for me; giving these kids roster spots when they clearly can't hack it ruins the long-game for me. But if I don't sign any youngsters, I can't get ahead of my opponents.

*shrug*

Like I said, I haven't played OOTP13 since every single one of the 3 foreign amateurs my scout "found" demanded major league contracts. So in that respect, it's not entirely hyperbole to say that it "broke" my game.

But I totally understand if other people are enjoying the game despite the issue. In fact, I'm fine if people think I'm being a diva. I probably am. 17 and 18-year-olds demanding MLB contracts upsets my enjoyment.
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #102
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
While I certainly appreciate that the international signings could be handled better, I think it's quite the hyperbole to say it's almost a game-breaking issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman19 View Post
I agree it isn't game breaking but it is a major annoyance.
Well, it depends on how you play the game. In my modern MLB league, I play to try to maximize player development and minimize free agency deals, and a key part of that strategy is emphasizing international scouting over MLB scouting. If a large proportion of those international prospects unreasonably demand MLB deals at age 16-17 (the occasional 18+ year old stud wanting one is fine), then that pool of players becomes effectively useless to me, which defeats my basic plan for my modern league.

As I understand it from the International Scouting thread, the idea was to have those prospects demand signing bonuses, but the functionality was not able to be implemented in time (cool, I understand), so they were flipped to demanding regular MLB deals instead (WTF?!?) since there was apparently something wrong with the previous system of minor league deals in OOTP 12 (I disagree).

The halfway solution is significantly worse than doing nothing at all, so I wish the dev team had waited for the signing bonus capability before fixing something that wasn't broken to begin with. It's not a game breaker in the sense that I won't buy or play OOTP13, but it does mean that I'm not converting my MLB league from OOTP12 or starting a new modern league until either this issue is addressed, or I have some sense of assurance that the initial reports of averageish international prospects demanding MLB deals at very young ages were exaggerated. I pre-ordered and am enjoying my MLB historical league in OOTP13 so far, but my modern leagues are effectively "broken" in the meantime.

Last edited by JMDurron; 04-26-2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Left off the end of a sentence. Oops.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #103
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

That's a much more eloquent way of describing the frustration I'm feeling. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #104
Ghetto Anthony
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Friday or Sunday
This is either going to be the best weekend ever or the worst weekend ever.
Ghetto Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #105
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
Outsider, is this insider knowledge? What new storyline.xml file are you talking about, one with the latest patch? Or one that's been/being modded privately?

Yes, it should be part of the patch thread instructions, if it is official.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhart05 View Post
Edit, didn't notice OutS|der posted the name and location of the file.

I meant any storyline.xml file, so if it's changed via a patch or it's the modified one Skydog mentioned. Sorry i wasn't more clear. Though i'm sure they can add an option to reimport it to make it easier.
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #106
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Anthony View Post
This is either going to be the best weekend ever or the worst weekend ever.
looking forward to thwe patch on friday...please???

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #107
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutS|der View Post
There is, delete the storyline.dat in your saved game folder and the game will load the storyline.xml file instead that way you can always get the latest storylines
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhart05 View Post
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3297386

Starts with Post # 153 in that thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
Quote:
I meant any storyline.xml file, so if it's changed via a patch or it's the modified one Skydog mentioned. Sorry i wasn't more clear. Though i'm sure they can add an option to reimport it to make it easier.
Thanks, guys. I missed Cody's thread somehow. I'm going to bump that one up so that it becomes clear whether the latest updated storylines.xml file is included in the upcoming patch.

I'm also going to bump the International Scouting thread now and after the patch in the hopes of some official commentary as to whether that's been resolved as well.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #108
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, the simulation-menu will return to the league schedule screen. It was left off by accident
Can someone check this with the new patch?

If you hit the check mark, does it display the results and stay on that page?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #109
For the Glory
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
any chance the ability to turn a league into a working feeder will make this patch?

bump
For the Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:46 AM   #110
Spanky
Major Leagues

Markus, Sorry if I'm messing up this thread. I just want to know how do I import players from Leahman's into an existing historical league in OOTP13? What are the steps? Spanky
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #111
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Huh???

I must have missed something. I guess I should read even more of these forums and spend even more time here than I usually do.

A scary thought!
Yes. You need to come here more often, read more threads, and pay more attention!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #112
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Yes. You need to come here more often, read more threads, and pay more attention!
He's only averaging 119 posts per month. That's only, roughly speaking, 4 posts per day. That computes to only one post every six hours. Clearly the man isn't getting enough sleep, because if he sleeps 8 hours per day then he probably wakes up in a sweat over that bad trade he made, and needs to get it off his shoulders here on OOTP. And, then if he works 8 hours per day at some point everyone's wondering why he's off in the corner on his laptop during break, guzzling down two Monster drinks and scribbling gibberish on his timecard about 'war' and 'vorp'.
thevaliantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #113
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx View Post
He's only averaging 119 posts per month. That's only, roughly speaking, 4 posts per day. That computes to only one post every six hours. Clearly the man isn't getting enough sleep, because if he sleeps 8 hours per day then he probably wakes up in a sweat over that bad trade he made, and needs to get it off his shoulders here on OOTP. And, then if he works 8 hours per day at some point everyone's wondering why he's off in the corner on his laptop during break, guzzling down two Monster drinks and scribbling gibberish on his timecard about 'war' and 'vorp'.
Bah! 4 posts a day is what, 20 minutes a day? Out of 1440 minutes in a day? That's like only 1% of a day! The man is clearly a hopeless slacker and should be beaten regularly and severely until he focuses more clearly on the game.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #114
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

My ears are ringing. Is somebody talking about me?
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #115
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My ears are ringing. Is somebody talking about me?
If you paid enough attention you'd know the answer to that, 1998 Slacker!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #116
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Age old question probably, but are saved games affected by new patches?

... and if I'm using Spritze's DB isn't affected by a patch where by I would need to re-copy it into the proper folder?

Many thanks!
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:52 AM   #117
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver View Post
Any word on when international scouted "early find" amateurs will stop asking for major league contracts, and simply want bonuses with minor league contracts instead?
Still dying for this to get fixed.

Not to whip a dead horse or anything, but I'm a sad panda deliberately avoiding playing the game because of this.

I'm also somewhat surprised that there aren't that many fellow OOTPers disgruntled with this problem. Am I in the minority, here?
Old 07-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #118
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Fields View Post

... and if I'm using Spritze's DB isn't affected by a patch where by I would need to re-copy it into the proper folder?

Many thanks!
Saved games - not affected

Not sure about the latter..
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #119
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Fields View Post

Many thanks!
Spritze's DB is just a modified version of the games DB so if any changes are made to that then it would get overwritten when a patch is released, not sure how often the database is updated but i'd back up anyways just in case.

Your saved game would be fine but not sure how that would work if the database is updated or changed
Old 07-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #120
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver View Post
Still dying for this to get fixed.

Not to whip a dead horse or anything, but I'm a sad panda deliberately avoiding playing the game because of this.

I'm also somewhat surprised that there aren't that many fellow OOTPers disgruntled with this problem. Am I in the minority, here?
Why can't you just sign the to the contact he demands then edit him to have a minor league one like he deserves?

Game fixed right there Not an ideal fix but a workaround that should work out fine.