Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #521
ovccsteve
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutfieldGrass View Post
I imported a league into OOTP13 and for the first 2-3 days I had no recommendations on the minor league report and thought something was wrong. Took a few days but they showed up.
Good to know. Thanks.
ovccsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #522
cprongs
Bat Boy

Is there a reason why the US States are not available as a region in a league that's already running (by changing the region during the set up screen)? The only way I see US states as a region is during the creation of the league.
cprongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #523
snepp
All Star Starter

Small problem with emails about breaking a single season record, when the record wasn't actually broken.

During first season the league leader hit 22 home runs, the next guy hit 16.

During the second season when someone hit their 16th home run I received an email that said:

Quote:
An amazing season for <John Steele: player#61> reached its climax today, as the <Milwaukee Spirit:team#3>'s first baseman set the league record for most home runs in a single season with 16, passing the great <Tony MacIntyre: player#110>.

Then I received another email when he hit his 17th home run:

Quote:
Today <John Steele: player#61> established a new league mark for home runs in a season with 17.

Here's another one, same kind of thing.

Pitcher Ladd sets strikeout record in season one with 122. The next guy had 106, the next guy had 86.

In season two when Ladd gets his 87th strikeout I get an email saying he set the new record.

Last edited by snepp; 04-13-2012 at 02:04 AM.
snepp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:14 AM   #524
Spanky
Major Leagues

How do I delete League Standings? And Reset To Opening Day?

I'm playing OOTP13. Can anybody tell me how to delete the entire league standings as I want to reset my league and start over. I've tried hiting "erase entire league history" but it does not erase the standings. I've managed to delete all stats but the few games I've played still show up in the leauge standings. Once I delete the standing, I need to "reset" the league schedule/day to opening day. How is this accomplished?

Thanks, Spanky

Last edited by Spanky; 04-13-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #525
jjmjgnx
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
This (the NYY history) will be fixed in the next patch (as per Markus).
Will the standings bug (all playoffs teams tied for 1st with different records) be fixed in this patch too?
jjmjgnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #526
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

I'm finding players who are "Discovered" through scoiting in another country end up with all zero ratings when they sign their contract.

I'm just playing as a commissioner so have not signed the players myself, the AI does this. When looking at their stats in the editor they do have ratings but shown on screen is all zeros - see this thread for an example image.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...p-history.html
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #527
STLKyle
Minors (Double A)

I imported a quickstart from OOTP12. Then I saved it as a template. Every time I try to load the template OOTP13 stops working, and crashes to desktop. Very frustrating!
STLKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #528
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezone13 View Post
I'm finding players who are "Discovered" through scoiting in another country end up with all zero ratings when they sign their contract.

I'm just playing as a commissioner so have not signed the players myself, the AI does this. When looking at their stats in the editor they do have ratings but shown on screen is all zeros - see this thread for an example image.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...p-history.html
Update - after I turn Scouting to 100% accurate and then back to normal in the league setup, all ratings are now showing for these players. While their ratings were all zero's they also showed up in the top prospect lists in their respective places based on their true ratings.
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #529
STLKyle
Minors (Double A)

Ok, I'm able to add the template to an existing world, just not load a game based solely on it. I submitted a ticket along with the file. Ideas in the mean time?
STLKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #530
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Just need to fix some english.

Just take out the word "the" from this sentence and that will clean it up.
Attached Images

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #531
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

4 way playoffs are broken. San Diego, Milwaukee, Miami and Washington all tied for the 2nd wildcard spot at 85-77. The game scheduled a game between San Diego and Washington. The Padres won..and advanced to the playoffs! I'm not exactly sure what the real MLB solution would be - I presume that Milwaukee would play Miami and the winner of that would meet San Diego? Anyway..yeah.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #532
als799
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sure it's been mentioned already, and not a huge bug...

Got an email stating a player broke his leg during his home run trot (flubbed his landing on home plate), and will be out for the season.

The problem is, the player was the starting pitcher, DH's are enabled, and he has never batted in the league.
als799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #533
SunDevil
Major Leagues

Manager Name is replaced with the word link in a firing mail message.

Quote:
Manager Girardi Forced out in New York: Joe Girardi beat the New York Yankees to the punch this morning and announced that he is no longer manager of the team. Girardi wanted to give his side of the story and chose to do it with BNN. "There are two sides of every story and I just wanted to make sure my side got told." Link said he finally got fed up with front office interference and went to the owner about it. When he got no satisfaction or support from the owner, Link expressed his opinions in some very strong language and was subsequently fired. "I told him in no uncertain terms that this had to stop. Maybe I went to far, but it needed to be said." The club has scheduled a formal press conference this afternoon, but did not announce any details.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #534
tward13
All Star Starter

13.2.6 Windows

Old persistent issue -

Was working on team's 7 day line-ups.

Clicked icon for team transaction screen.

Clicked icon for team's pitching screen.

Pitching screen comes up with rotation and relievers, etc at bottom. But with my hitters listed at top.

I happened to get it with this scenario. May be others as there were in previous versions.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #535
SunDevil
Major Leagues

Fan Loyalty Drops 7 points from Season Start to All Star Break

I have simmed the first 3 years of the MLB quickstart using the All in One Mod. The Chicago Cubs start the 2014 season with a 9 in Fan Loyalty and by the All Star break being in first place with a 51-35 record their fan loyalty is now 2. So in half a season their fan loyalty lost 7 points.

Just to clarify I am not referring to the Fan Interest value that can have a value between 1-100. I am referring to the Fan Loyalty that can have a value between 1-10. So for the Cubs to go from 9 to 2 in Fan Loyalty in a half season with no owner change, leading their division into the All Star break, I can not think of a valid reason why their loyalty should drop by 7 points.

An excel file is attached to show the details I have kept track of over the 3 seasons I have simmed so far. I also can provide a save game if one is needed.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Chicago Cubs overview 2012-2014.xls (27.0 KB, 47 views)
Old 04-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #536
Nicks53
Bat Boy

News report about tems not making the playoffs at season start

This has happened twice now, I can't remember if it was with the Yankees the first time though

I just received the following News article stating:
Subject: "Yankees hit 'tragic' number"

I just started a new 2012 season and on the season date Fri 4/6/2012 I received this message. The team hasn't even played a game yet.

I'm running the latest version (13.2.6) on a PC.

Thanks.
Nicks53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #537
SunDevil
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks53 View Post
This has happened twice now, I can't remember if it was with the Yankees the first time though

I just received the following News article stating:
Subject: "Yankees hit 'tragic' number"

I just started a new 2012 season and on the season date Fri 4/6/2012 I received this message. The team hasn't even played a game yet.

I'm running the latest version (13.2.6) on a PC.

Thanks.
Nicks, Markus is aware of this issue, just has not been fixed yet. Should be fixed soon.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #538
Nicks53
Bat Boy

Good to know, Thanks Sundevil.

I browsed/searched and didn't see it, but it is a long thread....
Nicks53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #539
rob999
Bat Boy

First post ever and no idea if this is the correct spot but...

Every time an NL pithcer gets 12 Ks in an innings I get told its a National League regular season record. I'm playing with the Nationals and Steven Strasburg is breaking the record every other day.
rob999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #540
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but for my custom league long city names don't show up fully in the scoreboard. The team name is less letters than San Francisco but is still two words and at least 3 letters go past the end of the city name section.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote