Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-22-2010, 03:16 AM   #1
Spanky
Major Leagues

Aligning Base Runners & Fielders - Help Needed

I can not get the baserunners or fielders to align to the right positions in the game stadiums. I went to ballpark editor and draged the player position icons to where I wanted them. Then I went to the "Action" button and clicked on "Copy Alignments" to All Stadiums. It seemed to work when playing normal season games but only if I did not exit the program. Upon restarting the game, the base runners and fielders defaulted to their out of position places. And, nothing works when playing post season games. Is there something I am missing? Can anyone offer me some advice as to how I can get the runners and fielders to "stick" or be "saved" to their newly aligned places? Thanks for any and all help - Spanky
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
I can not get the baserunners or fielders to align to the right positions in the game stadiums. I went to ballpark editor and draged the player position icons to where I wanted them. Then I went to the "Action" button and clicked on "Copy Alignments" to All Stadiums. It seemed to work when playing normal season games but only if I did not exit the program. Upon restarting the game, the base runners and fielders defaulted to their out of position places. And, nothing works when playing post season games. Is there something I am missing? Can anyone offer me some advice as to how I can get the runners and fielders to "stick" or be "saved" to their newly aligned places? Thanks for any and all help - Spanky
Based on what you are saying here, it sounds like your park.dat file isn't being updated, or else it is reverting to an earlier version for some reason. You probably need some tech help.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
I never have a problem with my player alignments and here is what I do after making any changes. I always click on action and select export to file. If your not doing this, it could be your problem..Here's another tidbit. you don't have to go into the ballpark editor to edit player locations. You can do it as your playing the game. Just drag and drop the players where you want. A lot easier as you have a bigger pic to work with..
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote