Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:45 AM   #4301
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

G354 Onyx

I'm not sure how the Onyx became a juggernaut this season. The result of only one batter (backup) having a bad season, compared to the usual 2-4 guys having subpar seasons.

I'd rather win an OL season than get promoted at the moment.

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:48 AM   #4302
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezwraths View Post
I'm not sure how the Onyx became a juggernaut this season. The result of only one batter (backup) having a bad season, compared to the usual 2-4 guys having subpar seasons.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to try everything I know of to make sure that doesn't happen. The Patriots are the only team of mine that aren't sucking a big one this week, although in fairness the Boppers have risen from the dead to get close to .500.

(You winning a crown this week, not the whole promotion thing.)

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:45 PM   #4303
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Being no-hit apparently woke the Parakeets up! They are on a bit of a run behind their league best offense. Sliding Billy has retaken his starting job back, and God Gary now rides the pine. Sisler has cooled off considerably. Tommy John is 8-0. Creeping up in the Our League standings.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #4304
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Yeah, my three teams have been in lockstep all season long: either they are all winning or they are all losing. Day one, they were all losing. At the end of day 1, I had about W-L = -10 across the three teams (all of them had +runs with an accumulated pythagorean +/- of about 7). Then day two, they recovered, and by end of day 2 it was W-L=19. Yesterday, it started off decent and then got disastrous, and by end of day W-L=13. Today they have all been on a roll; two of my teams lead their respective divisions (the other is 1 game behind in Wild Card) and W-L=36 at this point.

For my non-OL team, perfect Trout has been anything, but... this season. He has a .145 BA, and a .578 OPS. HIs ZR is -4.0 (the worst it has ever been in a season before this one was +7.2) and his WAR is 0. This is the same player that was MVP two of the last three seasons; he has never had a WAR below 4.9 before this season.

It all feels so surreal; almost like the game isn't random...

Last edited by allenciox; 08-15-2019 at 04:31 PM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #4305
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

the Syrups have decided to start their post-all-star-slump ahead of schedule (2-12 so far in July ).... ah well.... didn't expect the top tier league to be a cake walk....

on the flip side... my iron league bunch keeps rolling along (68-26).... so at least they are doing well for now
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:41 PM   #4306
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezwraths View Post

To be honest, I'd rather win an OL crown than anything else.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #4307
Argonaut
All Star Starter

The Vikings have gone berserk ever since I found my ace Tom Glavine on the AH this week. We're now a real all-lefty team. I pray to the OOTP gods that Glavine doesn't pop up with previous stats on Monday. We've gone from the relegation zone to a Wild Card team in a couple of days.

I wonder what happens when the Vikings face Charlatan's Washington Monuments? Probably the left-handed batter box ends the game a few inches deeper than the right-handed one. And there likely won't be enough left-handed scissors to go around.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:15 PM   #4308
Charlatan
All Star Starter

My Monuments seem to start strong and run out of gas around the AS break, so I'm sure you'll do fine!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:07 PM   #4309
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Mostly Packs...and starting to show

In an earlier post, I mentioned that most of the reigning Perfect League champion Harlem Hatchets were hatched from packs.

Actually, that was just the way I remembered it, so I went to my bid history to verify. Here are the players purchased from the Auction House currently on the Harlem roster...

95 OVR Willie Stargell - 15,002 PP
91 OVR Terry Forster - 7000 PP
91 OVR Yovani Gallardo - 7500 PP (reserve)
84 OVR Ernie Banks - 2850 PP
69 OVR Mike LaValliere - 450 PP
67 OVR Mike Harkey - 50 PP (reserve)

So...yeah. Stargell is a stinker. He currently leads the Hatchets in HR and RBI, which is testament to how bad the year is going for the team. He currently has a 0.8 WAR, and only 2.0 WAR for his entire career. Hardly worth 15K.

On the opposite end is the Big Train. Picked from a pack, Johnson is currently suffering his worst season on the roster, and is projected to end with a sub 10 WAR for the first time in a full season. His total career WAR stands at 241.8. (436-136, 1.92 ERA, 0.93 WHIP)

**EDIT: Stargell is still a stinker. But I also bought a lot via Buy Now in the Auction House. So this post has no value whatsoever.

Last edited by revmcgator; 08-16-2019 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Discovered incorrect, inaccurate and misleading information
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:12 PM   #4310
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
To be honest, I'd rather win an OL crown than anything else.
Winning everything in sight would suit me. However, I don't think any of my teams have won an OL crown in awhile. Would be nice to win one again, especially to take my 2nd crown with the Patriots immediately after bringing them home.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 08-15-2019 at 11:23 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:44 AM   #4311
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Winning everything in sight would suit me. However, I don't think any of my teams have won an OL crown in awhile. Would be nice to win one again, especially to take my 2nd crown with the Patriots immediately after bringing them home.

This comment is why you are affectionately known as Magus Steinbrenner.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:48 AM   #4312
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Bulldogs Back on Top in OL S286

Antique had a big month, going 9-3, while only Chi-Town, 12-5, and Arkham, 8-4, could keep pace with them.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 08-16-2019, 05:52 AM   #4313
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Janesville Still Leads in OL G354

The Onyx played just three, winning two, to hold the lead. Pablo, 8-2 made big strides, while New York, 9-5, was the only other contender who was much above .500 for the month.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 08-16-2019, 06:34 AM   #4314
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

Southern and Virginia neck-and-neck as the season heads into the dog days of summer.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-16-2019, 06:48 AM   #4315
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Iron league update:

Steelport sits atop the OL standings, with the bulk of the remaining OL games being Steelport vs Gotham.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-16-2019, 07:15 AM   #4316
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
In an earlier post, I mentioned that most of the reigning Perfect League champion Harlem Hatchets were hatched from packs.

Actually, that was just the way I remembered it, so I went to my bid history to verify. Here are the players purchased from the Auction House currently on the Harlem roster...

95 OVR Willie Stargell - 15,002 PP
91 OVR Terry Forster - 7000 PP
91 OVR Yovani Gallardo - 7500 PP (reserve)
84 OVR Ernie Banks - 2850 PP
69 OVR Mike LaValliere - 450 PP
67 OVR Mike Harkey - 50 PP (reserve)

So...yeah. Stargell is a stinker. He currently leads the Hatchets in HR and RBI, which is testament to how bad the year is going for the team. He currently has a 0.8 WAR, and only 2.0 WAR for his entire career. Hardly worth 15K.

On the opposite end is the Big Train. Picked from a pack, Johnson is currently suffering his worst season on the roster, and is projected to end with a sub 10 WAR for the first time in a full season. His total career WAR stands at 241.8. (436-136, 1.92 ERA, 0.93 WHIP)
That boggles my mind - I don't even know how it'd be possible to make a good historical team from packs. I've got a packs-only team so I know just how rare getting a historical card is (not to mention getting an actual good one). With the rarity of historical cards, I feel like it'd be more of a frustrating process than anything else. Do you just open packs whenever you get 1k PP? Do you auction off your live players and buy more packs?
Old 08-16-2019, 07:29 AM   #4317
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Annandale maintains lead in Diamond OL

The Atom Smashers and Hampton Roads Rush have started pulling away from the rest of the pack in Diamond as the dog days of summer hit with a vengeance.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-16-2019, 08:10 AM   #4318
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
That boggles my mind - I don't even know how it'd be possible to make a good historical team from packs. I've got a packs-only team so I know just how rare getting a historical card is (not to mention getting an actual good one). With the rarity of historical cards, I feel like it'd be more of a frustrating process than anything else. Do you just open packs whenever you get 1k PP? Do you auction off your live players and buy more packs?

Definitely a crap shoot on the pack only teams.... when I converted my Owls team to OL compliant, I at least had a perfect live Scherzer to sell (got squat from the packs purchased from the proceeds), and later landed a POTM Lemahieu that sold for a nice chunk, which got me three solid historical cards that have transformed the team.... hopefully they can make the slow climb up now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2019, 10:02 AM   #4319
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
It boggled my mind too. In fact, my mind was so boggled that I didn't realize IT'S TOTALLY NOT TRUE!

In fact, I'm going to go *edit* my original post it's so not true. I forgot that "Bid History" doesn't reflect what was acquired via "Buy Now" in the Auction House. So I went back through my transaction history and discovered all the cards I acquired via Buy Now, including 2 I forgot about that I bought THIS WEEK!!!

Sorry for the fake news.

Last edited by revmcgator; 08-16-2019 at 10:03 AM.
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:08 AM   #4320
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
It boggled my mind too. In fact, my mind was so boggled that I didn't realize IT'S TOTALLY NOT TRUE!

In fact, I'm going to go *edit* my original post it's so not true. I forgot that "Bid History" doesn't reflect what was acquired via "Buy Now" in the Auction House. So I went back through my transaction history and discovered all the cards I acquired via Buy Now, including 2 I forgot about that I bought THIS WEEK!!!

Sorry for the fake news.
to quote George Costanza: "It's not a lie... if you believe it"