Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:04 PM   #1
smohler9
Bat Boy

Ballparks for Historical Exhibition Tournaments

Once you have begun playing an Historical Exhibition Tournament is there a way to change the ballparks that the simulated games are played on? I went into the original master league I set up when I built my Exhibition Tournament and changed all the ballparks there, but none of them shows up in my Exhibition Tournament. The ballpark graphic is still the same as before for every team.
smohler9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #2
Beatles Eternally
Minors (Double A)

For my Tournament I just went in and changed the default ballpark to the appropriate park for each team.
Beatles Eternally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:21 PM   #3
smohler9
Bat Boy

BE, I assume you changed the default ballparks in the "game" (i.e., original league) you needed to set up before creating your Historical Exhibition Tournament. I gave all those teams their own ballpark, but nothing changed for the Tournament. Is it possible you are changing the default ballparks within the Historical Exhibition module? If so, how do you do that?
Old 07-23-2018, 08:31 PM   #4
Beatles Eternally
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smohler9 View Post
BE, I assume you changed the default ballparks in the "game" (i.e., original league) you needed to set up before creating your Historical Exhibition Tournament. I gave all those teams their own ballpark, but nothing changed for the Tournament. Is it possible you are changing the default ballparks within the Historical Exhibition module? If so, how do you do that?
Nope. As you know, the old way was to create a league and attach a tournament to it. If you are just creating a tournament, the game for all intents and purposes treats it like a league.

1. Select a team and go to the team's home screen.
2. Select Settings
3. Select Edit Ballpark and then Pictures and Coordinates
4. On the left you'll see a list and the fourth choice in that list displays "Use default model. Click on that, scroll until you find the park you want.
5. Select and import. Make certain it is either .obj. or .pod file.
6. On the right you'll see a button labeled Actions. Select that and choose Manually Import Data for this Park.
7. If you want, click on 3D Model and you'll see your park.

You can do this for as many teams as you wish. If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll post images for each step. But really all you need to do is import parks into your Tournament just as you would a regular league.

Best,
Beatles

Last edited by Beatles Eternally; 07-23-2018 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 07-24-2018, 12:17 AM   #5
smohler9
Bat Boy

Thanks, that fixed it. I had not realized that you don't have to link Tournaments with Leagues. I started over with your instructions and created a brand new League from the Historical Exhibition teams, as you suggested. Very cool! Took me a few moments to realize that by doing it this way, you have to Load or Continue the "game" from the main screen in order to play the H.E. Tournament ballgames (instead of going into Historical Exhibition each time). It also took me a while to figure out that the Tournament stats appear as "Playoff" results. (You can probably tell I'm a novice with OOTP.)

On a side note, this was the first time I played a ballgame "at" the Polo Grounds. The unusual dimensions of the park made for some interesting visuals and play results, not the least of which was the Orioles' Davey Johnson (1969) hitting a go-ahead, 9th inning, bases loaded double over the head of the Giants' Mike Donlin (1904) that rolled all the way to the 487-foot sign in deep, recessed centerfield!
Old 07-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #6
Beatles Eternally
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Thanks, that fixed it. I had not realized that you don't have to link Tournaments with Leagues. I started over with your instructions and created a brand new League from the Historical Exhibition teams, as you suggested. Very cool! Took me a few moments to realize that by doing it this way, you have to Load or Continue the "game" from the main screen in order to play the H.E. Tournament ballgames (instead of going into Historical Exhibition each time). It also took me a while to figure out that the Tournament stats appear as "Playoff" results. (You can probably tell I'm a novice with OOTP.)

On a side note, this was the first time I played a ballgame "at" the Polo Grounds. The unusual dimensions of the park made for some interesting visuals and play results, not the least of which was the Orioles' Davey Johnson (1969) hitting a go-ahead, 9th inning, bases loaded double over the head of the Giants' Mike Donlin (1904) that rolled all the way to the 487-foot sign in deep, recessed centerfield!
Hi smohler!

I am SO glad it worked for you and what a great post! You may be new to OOTP but your love of baseball is very real and THAT is great.

Yes the Polo Grounds was interesting in its dimensions to say the least. I'm glad you're having fun! OOTP is the pinnacle of baseball sims and this community is amazing!

See you at the ballpark!

Best,
Beatles
Old 07-27-2018, 12:13 PM   #7
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Yeah, it took me a couple of times before I realized there were two ways to play the tournaments. Straight up bracket with out the fluff (historical exhibition) and playoff mode. (opening the saved .lg file. has stats and lets you edit). Since this game is all about the fluff, and how we can mod everything, the playoff mode is the way to play. After 15 years of playing this game still rocks!!
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:36 PM   #8
smohler9
Bat Boy

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this question, but in playoff mode, how do you get the program to let you participate in all the scheduled games? It will let me play some of them, but for others it tells me no game is scheduled for that day--when I can see on other screens that there are games for that day.

The only way I have been able to get past this is to click on Finish Day, then it will play those games in literally less than a second. But sometimes I'd like to watch those games play out. Jim Smith is set as my default Manager for all teams, if that makes any difference.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:37 PM   #9
billyjoey12
Bat Boy

Could you post that step by step? I'm just not seeing how to do it?
billyjoey12 is offline   Reply With Quote