Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:33 PM   #1
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

How do you create Negro National League?

I'm trying to play in the Negro National League starting in 1935, and I just can't get the settings correct.

I started a historical league in 1935, made the NNL independent, then made it a major league with finances enabled. I imported 1935 finances. Then I noticed that I have almost no free agents. Among the few I have are guys like "Baseball Jones.". I simmed a season, and I see more free agents, but some are from Taiwan and Venezuela.

Has anybody created a realistic Negro League?
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

All African and Hispanic ethnicitied players are eligible to play in the NNL.

Just no Caucazoids.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:51 PM   #3
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The game starts with most of the NNL free agents retired as it is not very used to 38 year old "minor leaguers". So unretired them at your pleasure. I usually unretire everyone under 35 for the first season but you can pick any age you wish.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:40 PM   #4
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, I'll try that. I wanted to get a fairly realistic picture of what the NNL was like in 1935, with real players whenever possible.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote