Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Online Leagues

FHM 2 - Online Leagues Looking to join an online league, or are you looking for new members for your own league? Post about it here.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #21
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursixx View Post
Still looking for GMs. Get in while it's fresh!
checkur6, I am definitely interested.
But to be completely honest, I need to read a few reviews first before committing to a purchase and taking up a spot in an online league.

I have a very good feeling about FHM2 and I'm quite certain it will be good, but I'm going to be a cautious customer before jumping in.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #22
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank1974 View Post
checkur6, I am definitely interested.
But to be completely honest, I need to read a few reviews first before committing to a purchase and taking up a spot in an online league.

I have a very good feeling about FHM2 and I'm quite certain it will be good, but I'm going to be a cautious customer before jumping in.
Fully understand. Being that this is the first iteration of FHM online leagues, I am sure the league wont actually start right away. Will need some time to test out optimal settings and what not. I'll probably start to be serious about recruiting a couple weeks after its officially released. I will keep in touch with you then.

Thanks
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:06 PM   #23
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

This is not a bad idea either there are leagues out there that have been around for a LONG time. I would be interested but let me get my work priorities in order first I want to follow along and see what develops but my FIRST question would be is how will the players be selected? Draft???? Or already assigned????
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:44 AM   #24
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Plan to have a full draft to start the league.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:22 PM   #25
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursixx View Post
Plan to have a full draft to start the league.
I'm in.
I'm buying the software. Might as well get my feet wet in a league or two.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:23 PM   #26
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

draft is good but how will it work???? and it has to be a weekend for me to even consider this or is it a top 40-60 list and mail it to you?
Old 05-17-2015, 08:18 PM   #27
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Most likely wont be a live draft.

Will be done through the forums at our own pace with some soft time limits.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:25 PM   #28
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Forum draft could take a while but maybe if we decide to draft like the first 10 rounds or so then simulate the rest that would work. But whatever you decide is fine with me.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #29
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Forum draft could take a while but maybe if we decide to draft like the first 10 rounds or so then simulate the rest that would work. But whatever you decide is fine with me.
I'd even be fine with a complete auto-draft.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:25 AM   #30
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

I think I would too. Maybe if there is a way to set the preferences of your team and scouts and what not and then have them draft loosely on that then that could be an option.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:49 AM   #31
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

I would be interested in this but I have one concern. That would be the time investment. We may all be in different time zones and have different obligations. Is this a we all have to log in at the same time? Do we all have to log in once a day? Can things be negotiated outside the game and sent to the commish to finalize? Sorry I have played hockey sims alone for about a decade now on PC (EHM + FHM). I am also one of the weird ones who play the EA series as a simulator not at playable game.
SushamiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:02 PM   #32
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
I think I would too. Maybe if there is a way to set the preferences of your team and scouts and what not and then have them draft loosely on that then that could be an option.
That would be sweet. Set your preferences to 'goalie/defense' or 'offense' or 'youth', whatever.

For time sake, an auto-draft would be best.
I'd have absolutely no problem having the worst team in the league and having to rebuild. That's more fun that starting with an all-star team. (To me at least).

I just worry that if we do a draft via Message Board it could take weeks before we actually get to play games.

As long as every GM knows going in that the initial draft is a crapshoot, there should be no complaining.
It's just a fantasy league anyway. We're not curing cancer here. I'm not going to complain if OMG my 5th defenseman couldn't make an AHL team.

Lets just have some fun.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:01 PM   #33
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah I think the fact that it'd a fantasy league should make everyone more willing to just take what is given to you and then build your team from there. I'm with you in that I would rather start with a worse team and build them up.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:41 PM   #34
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

I draft way outside the box which is why I dominate the yahoo and other "leagues" and change on the fly as well....I will not like an autodraft
Old 05-19-2015, 12:00 PM   #35
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
I draft way outside the box which is why I dominate the yahoo and other "leagues" and change on the fly as well....I will not like an autodraft
Just think about how much your legend will grow once you start winning multiple cups after inheriting an auto-drafted team.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:50 PM   #36
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

hmmm maybe but i am a wheeler dealer too _
Old 05-21-2015, 02:14 PM   #37
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

We could do some type of hybrid draft where we draft the first 15 rounds or so then auto the rest. Atleast get the real important picks in first.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:56 PM   #38
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank1974 View Post
That would be sweet. Set your preferences to 'goalie/defense' or 'offense' or 'youth', whatever.

For time sake, an auto-draft would be best.
I'd have absolutely no problem having the worst team in the league and having to rebuild. That's more fun that starting with an all-star team. (To me at least).

I just worry that if we do a draft via Message Board it could take weeks before we actually get to play games.

As long as every GM knows going in that the initial draft is a crapshoot, there should be no complaining.
It's just a fantasy league anyway. We're not curing cancer here. I'm not going to complain if OMG my 5th defenseman couldn't make an AHL team.

Lets just have some fun.
Just a suggestion based on my OOTP experience with online leagues:

Drafts work pretty well out of game with teams submitting a draft list either via a 3rd party application or since there is none for this game an email. We used to do the draft in waves after the first round or two.

Picks were done one at a time and then once we made it through those first couple of rounds, picks were done 5 at a time.. and then 10 at a time.. and eventually autodrafted. It worked pretty well when drafting an entire major league roster and some prospects.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:58 PM   #39
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

It looks like FHM now has a release date!

After being invited to do some testing in FHM, I was able to thoroughly test out fictional leagues. I was very thankful for that opportunity as it also allowed me to get a head start on creating the league.

With the release date of September 28th announced. I will be opening up the league once again for recruitment. I will also be looking for some help.

If anyone feels like they could make a good co-commissioner, please let me know. I will let you know of your duties at that time.

Thank you for your time!
Old 09-04-2015, 07:58 PM   #40
nichimanen
Minors (Single A)

Are you still accepting applications? I'd like to give it a try. I'm trying out an FHM2 NHL online league and wouldn't mind trying my hand at a fictional online league.

If possible I'd like to join the World Conference with a team in Kashiwa, Japan.

Also, I was wondering if there was a minimum length for articles and how how often they should be written?
nichimanen is offline   Reply With Quote