Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 07-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
American_Ernesider
Major Leagues

Question on size (HWs)

Due to weight classes (give or take some Jr./Sr. middle divisions added here and there), boxing is one of the few sports where you can better make comparisons between fighters in same class but different eras.

One division that doesn't really uphold this is the heavyweights. It's difficult for me to pit heavyweights from the past that would now be smallish cruiserweights against the behemoths of the modern era. From what I understand, the game really can't take into effect the size difference, so Rocky Marciano vs Lennox Lewis (for example) wouldn't really account for the differential. I love Marciano, don't get me wrong, but I have trouble seeing him win out in "real" life.

What are other players doing. Do you just picture them all as if there isn't a huge disparity, or do you put them as super CWs?

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked before, or if it belongs elsewhere.
American_Ernesider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #2
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
I won't have that problem since I am running an historical uni, I would just overlook the size disparity.

It would become a problem if a future version down the road took size into effect. TBCB3 will not because it will require a rebuilt engine to do that.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
American_Ernesider
Major Leagues

Makes sense. Thanks!
American_Ernesider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:40 AM   #4
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

I have them fight in the HW Division in my Universe but also I figure out their average weight throughout their Career, if it was Cruiserweight then I also have them fight there, of course the best Heavyweights that would qualify as CWs would dominate that lesser division talent wise, but it's still fun to do, as gives some of my Heavys a another division to fight in, also the best reason for ignoring the weight is, 1. i would still love to grab Demspey from the Past in his Prime and see him fight Tyson, and others, but also figure if Demspey and others fought now, they would have the benefit of being in better shape for diferent things, the workouts, the Nutrition and such, and some improved Boxing to learn, I was discussing Sam Langford, no way in heck he beats anyone top 10 or 15 or even 20, in my opinion no matter the era the all time top20 was from, everytime I get into a Langford discussion with anyone they always try to make excuses to reason to get him into the HW and doing well, like his eye was bad later on, he got older when he fought and lost to wills and so on, big deal, i've always said if you have to makes excuses then they shouldnt be there to begin with, at 5-6 or so no way he beats anyone he would be better suited to keep himat MW. now watch Marciano vs. Ali the computer fight where they were in the ring together, Ali said later he was surprised even at his advanced age that Rocky could still move so well and had much better defensive skill than he had thought, and they did throw some good punches at each other, and Ali also added that Rocky could still hit extremely hard, that's some indication that the Rock may have been able to hold his own against anyone, win or lose.
Rspen46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #5
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Sam Langford stood a shade under 5 foot eight. Harry Wills was 6'2", Jim Cameron was 6'2", Gunboat Smith was 6'2", George Godfrey was 6' 3", Sandy Ferguson was 6' 3", Jim Tracey was 6' 3 1/2", Andre Anderson was 6' 5" and Bill Tate was 6' 6". What did these gents have in common? Except for Ferguson, who just managed to last the distance, Langford stopped each one. How would he do today? It would be interesting.

Cap