Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:55 AM   #1
shroom79
Bat Boy

Buy Now or wait for 2007?

I just found OOTPB today when I was looking into baseball sim games. This game looks interesting and I'm thinking about buying it. My question is: it looks like there will be a new release of this game soon for 07, should I wait for the new game and start my career then or buy the 06 version and hope there will be an upgrade. Or if I buy now will I also have to buy the new version to keep up with the Jones's?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:20 AM   #2
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Since hopefully release of 2007 is only two months away, at this point you'd be better off to wait, but you could spend the next month practicing with the demo version of 2006 for free.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:03 AM   #3
Erik W.
Global Moderator

My recommendation would be the same as Curtis'. Play the 2006 demo. If you like it, I can't see a situation existing where you wouldn't like the 2007 version an equal amount, and likely much more.

SI probably doesn't like me telling people to wait until the next version, but with such a short time to release, I feel like buying 2006 for full price at this point would be a bit of a waste.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:19 PM   #4
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

After seeing the "features list" for 2007 - WAIT

Welcome to the boards
Old 01-31-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroom79 View Post
I just found OOTPB today when I was looking into baseball sim games. This game looks interesting and I'm thinking about buying it. My question is: it looks like there will be a new release of this game soon for 07, should I wait for the new game and start my career then or buy the 06 version and hope there will be an upgrade. Or if I buy now will I also have to buy the new version to keep up with the Jones's?
1-Welcome aboard.

2- I suggest you try the free OOTP 5. Keep in mind things have improved by several hundred times.

3- Try the 2006 demo. Just keep in mind things have improved massively since then.

4- If you like the 2006 demo, and money is no object, buy the game. If $35 means something to you, wait two months.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:30 PM   #6
Dagrims
Hall Of Famer

I think the idea to play with the 2006 demo is a great idea, because it will allow you to get familiar with the interface prior to the 2007 version being released. There is definitely a learning curve involved.

Ordinarily I might recommend getting the 2005 version for free and enjoying that, but the interface and just about everything else is nothing like what the 2006 version is and what the 2007 version will be. As a result, you might be awfully confused if you get used to that version for less than two months and then try to jump into 2007.

There are other games to spend $35-40 on and play for the next two months while you wait for OOTP 2007 to be released. Why buy 2006?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:27 PM   #7
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroom79 View Post
hope there will be an upgrade.
In the past, there hasn't been an "upgrade" discount, if that's what you're asking. However, in the past, there has been a "pre-order" discount - so get the 2006 demo, and there may be a pre-order discount available by the time the demo runs out.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #8
P1987
Bat Boy

i would say buy now, why wait when ya want to play now
P1987 is offline   Reply With Quote