Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 01-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

Something to look at for next year

I think losing players has too big an impact too quickly on fan support. My current team is limited by budget, so every year I'm losing 3-4 good players. I've currently won 4 straight World series titles, and 6 of the past 7, but my market share is shrinking because I keep losing these players and the fans are upset. The fans should realize by now that I always have a backup plan in place and that next year we're going to be in the hunt. My market size has actually shrunk because of this, and despite those 4 straight titles, my fan interest is hovering between 25-50.

I think the best solution would be to have winning increase fan interest more. Make it slower to increase market size, but easier to build up interest. Something to avoid this situation where I'm the freaking early 20th century Yankees and my fans still hate me because I can't hold onto all my players every year.
Spharv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spharv2 View Post
I think losing players has too big an impact too quickly on fan support. My current team is limited by budget, so every year I'm losing 3-4 good players. I've currently won 4 straight World series titles, and 6 of the past 7, but my market share is shrinking because I keep losing these players and the fans are upset. The fans should realize by now that I always have a backup plan in place and that next year we're going to be in the hunt. My market size has actually shrunk because of this, and despite those 4 straight titles, my fan interest is hovering between 25-50.

I think the best solution would be to have winning increase fan interest more. Make it slower to increase market size, but easier to build up interest. Something to avoid this situation where I'm the freaking early 20th century Yankees and my fans still hate me because I can't hold onto all my players every year.
I agree

I'm in 2022 and have won the WS 8 years straight but am continuously having to get rid of players who I think can't be worth their $10M+ salary if they are bench players ... keeps the game fresh IMO.

My fan ratings were down to 2% at one stage a year or so back. Generally they never get higher than the mid 60s

so if I'm trading a 3B who is 75 but on $12M a year but bring in an 78 players who is on $500K or whatever the minimum is I get the bird !!

I think the issue could be that salaries seem to affect how good the fans think the players actually are ... rather than their actual ratings or performance

As you can't get fired it's not the end of the world but I just don't understand this rating and how to affect it
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

You can't be fired, but you can have your budget drop, which, if you're already operating on a tight budget, can really knock your pins out from under you.

Though, I would really like to see being fired added next year. Make it so the worst team in the league will automatically hire you or something, but yes, you should be allowed to lose your job.
Spharv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spharv2 View Post
Though, I would really like to see being fired added next year. Make it so the worst team in the league will automatically hire you or something, but yes, you should be allowed to lose your job.
Only as a user-selectable option, please!
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote