Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 01-12-2013, 04:39 AM   #1
vstapd
Bat Boy

This game is frustrating like no other lol

I spent a few days on a busy offseason, trying to improve on my previous losing season. I think I did pretty well, kept my free agent spending under control, traded for some players that were getting too expensive for small market teams, and traded for one of the most reliable first basemen in the game (A. Gonzalez).

I've played through seven games, and simmed a few more than that. And I've lost all seven games! My team is rated pretty well defensively and has a lot of power, but no one can seem to get that big hit, or someone drops a fly ball in the eighth inning of a close game.

I think I get so frustrated with this game because there's not much I can do to affect the outcome of the game...most of it is the computer playing out the events of the game.

Anyway, that's my venting. Hopefully my luck turns around soon

Last edited by vstapd; 01-12-2013 at 04:54 AM.
vstapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

Hehe, don't feel bad, I had a 106 win team that started the season 0-10. Second time through my rotation, my lowest ERA was 6.74. Then everyone remembered that their paychecks depended on actually playing, and it got turned around. Then again, I've had seasons where nothing ever got better and everyone decided to have their bad year in that particular season...usually when I've got no expiring contracts I can dump.
Spharv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Danbgs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just from random chance a good team can lose 7 in a row quite easily. Don't panic. You need at least a month's worth of games to get a reasonable read, and even that can be skewed. If the season ended in June the Cubs would have a bunch of pennants!
Danbgs is offline   Reply With Quote