Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Trading difficulty

Maybe I missed an option, but I think the trading difficulty needs to be heavily ramped up in the game. I just bought it a few days ago, and have been playing through as the Blue Jays. So far, through the first half of the season, I have been able to add:
-Profar
-Machado
-Will Myers
-Darwin Barney
-Neftali Feliz
-Gerrit Cole

and I have not traded any of my real top stars (ie. I still have Bautista, EE, Lawrie, Gose, D'Arnaud, etc...). I did trade Johnson, Escobar, Rasmus for the above, but not all deals were for good players - I think I traded Thames and a reliever for Profar. Cole cost me a minor league reliever.

It's a great game so far, making me almost entirely forget about my train rides in the morning, but if the trade difficulty is not adjustable, then I think by default it should be moved a notch harder to not make it so easy to steal top players (or potentially top players).
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

Key word being potentially. Definitely had a few of those 5 star prospects I thought I was getting for a bargain flop miserably.

But I do agree that for established players, the value should be set higher, both for yours and theirs. I get tired of rejecting a bunch of silly deals, "Here's a 3 star 38 year old reliever and a half star outfielder...all we want is your 5 star third baseman" in the hopes of seeing a decent one. They do happen occasionally, but not often enough.
Spharv2 is offline   Reply With Quote