Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:49 PM   #1
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

Crash on Importing player.

Brand new Standard game. NHL/AHL current rosters. On continue game, go to nhl, edit, import historical player. Repeatable with Tony Amonte 1999, Tyler Arnason 2003 and Adrian Aucoin 2003. Player screen loads but as soon as I click the Edit tab, entire game crashes.
Uploading now to ftp as "bhawks.zip"
Attached Files
File Type: txt fhm_trace_bug.txt (10.4 KB, 35 views)
On the corpse. My question is...
No, my question. I get to go first. Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on corpse?
Quote:
Cause there's a 50-50 chance a malnourished monkey is gonna pop up out of a toilet, shoot you in the face with a speargun.
johnnybourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:39 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

I'm not getting any crash when I try to do that with your save. If you import one of them, then go to the ratings tab instead of edit, do their ratings bars look relatively normal or are they e.g. all 0's or 20's?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:10 PM   #3
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

I can't tell. The last two times I tried (aucoin and amonte), as soon as I hit OK in the import player dialog box, fhm crased.
No, my question. I get to go first. Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on corpse?
Quote:
Cause there's a 50-50 chance a malnourished monkey is gonna pop up out of a toilet, shoot you in the face with a speargun.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:54 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

If it's crashing at that point, I'd suspect some kind of issue with the data files. Try reinstalling the update, or, if you're using the Steam version, right-click on FHM6 in your library, then select properties, local files, and then "verify integrity of game files". If something's gotten corrupted, that'll fix it.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:19 PM   #5
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

I'll try that later. Should I uninstall and then install the most recent or just run the most recent installer again?
Quote:
Old 04-09-2020, 09:06 PM   #6
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

Ok. I tried a reinstall on top...didnt work. crash on same point with same settings
Tried full uninstall deleted user folders manually. reinstall newest version. didnt work. crash on same point with same league settings.
Quote:
Old 04-10-2020, 12:52 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Here are the exact keystrokes/mouse clicks I'm using when I don't get a crash. Are you doing anything differently than this at any point?

-type "Adrian" in the enter name field, which shortens the dropdown list to Adrian Kempe and Adrian Aucoin
-without doing anything else after entering the 'n' (no clicking anywhere, no enter key) use the down-arrow key to select Adrian Aucoin
-click on the Select Year dropdown arrow and choose 2003 with the mouse
-click on OK
-click on Edit when the player screen appears
Old 04-11-2020, 10:58 PM   #8
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

Yeah those exact keystrokes and mouse clicks are what I did. It happens with those as well as selecting the player with the mouse click as well as tab key to switch between player name and year fields, Capital "A" and lower case "a", typing the full player name, down arrowing in the year field. Note, tab key to year field does not autopopulate the years when there's only one player in the intellitype.
Quote:
Old 04-13-2020, 02:54 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybourbon View Post
Note, tab key to year field does not autopopulate the years when there's only one player in the intellitype.
That shouldn't be happening, and isn't when I test it. Are you actually selecting the player from the dropdown when you do that, or just tabbing to the box as soon as his is the only name shown?
Old 04-13-2020, 11:46 AM   #10
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

clicking the name then the year box works fine. tab does not.
Quote:
Old 04-14-2020, 01:32 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, that's it, then. It's an unfortunate quirk of the way that type of menu works, you always have to select something manually. I'll see if we can prevent tabbing out of that box with nothing selected so it can't be done by accident.