Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2020, 05:31 PM   #21
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Alright, let's try this again.

I agree, the videos were not that helpful for what I needed you to do. I think Winrar is much easier and dummed down.

I use Winrar actually but I am sure the steps are similar. If you can not figure out the steps on 7zip, download Winrar. It is free, you do not have to buy it after a trial or anything. I have used Winrar for 8 years and never had to pay for it.

1.) I would collect all of your logo folders you want me to see in one big folder labeled N+S Island logos or something like that.

2.) I think you have to archive your main folder before you send it to me. What I do on Winrar is right click the folder you want to send me. A drop down menu of options appears. I click "Add to ""New Elyria.rar""

That compresses that folder and is ready for a download.

I will then have a new icon on my desktop with the same title as the folder that zipped for compressing and downloading.

4.) Make a Mediafire.com account, and upload the file that you have zipped let the program download it to Mediafire and send me the link.

I know it is alot of steps, but it is easy once you get the hang of it.

This is the way I do it and I have sent hundreds of files to people for various things and downloaded many as well.

LLet me know if you still can't figure it out.
Sizeman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:02 PM   #22
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I don't know if it will work or not... I sent you an email with the zip file as an attachment.

It contains 24 team logos and 4 league logos for the North Island and South Island Leagues.

Hope you can open it up and use them.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 12:22 PM   #23
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thank Goodness, the zip file attached to an email worked.
I guess I got lucky and picked the right choices to get it done... I really had too many choices to choose from in the 7-zip File Manager... really didn't know what each choice would do... really didn't know what I was doing.
The videos on youtube were not very well done... at least, nof for the technically-challenged like me... they all said it was a simple process and easy to do... maybe it was simple for the high-tech gifted folks... but it wasn't for the slow of mind like yours truly.
I followed their instructions as best I could, but none of the five or six videos worked when I use them.
But I did manage to download 7-zip and install it... but I couldn't figure out how to zip a file and then ship it.

Finally, Trial-and-Error and Luck helped me do it.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:30 PM   #24
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Eugene, how are these? I can go back and change anything you want, it won't take that long.

Old 03-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #25
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Very well done overall, Sizeman21.
Thank you.

Just a few minor revisions.

NIRL First Division
Kinston is not in this league... you have the Kofa Kings logo there by the Kinston town name.

Two logos are missing.
You need to add the Kofa Kings logo by the town name.
You need to add the Jackson Jackalopes logo by the town name.

Move the Avalon logo up and to the right of the town name... that way it would be in a blank area and show up better... the logo is blocking Avalon Bay name right now.

NIRL Second Division Map
This has all six towns.
Please move West Chester Comets logo a little to the right into the white blank area so it will not cover some geographical markings.

South Island First League Map
Logos placement is excellent overall.
However there is no town ARCADIA... this should be removed... along with the town dot indicator.

The Fleur de Lis logo should be moved to the right and placed just above the the town name of Bar Harbor.
The Mariners logo should be moved to the white blank area.
The Labadieville Pelicans logo should be moved to the right to the white blank area so it will not block the name Bayou Noir (Black Bayou).

South Island Second League Map
Remove name Arcadia... there is no town by that name... also remove the red town marker.
Move Moccasins logo a little to the right so it will not cut off edge of Lac Chitamaca (Lake Chitamaca).

Very well done... thank you.
Hope it is not hard to make the changes.
You did very well.
Much appreciate your talent and your help.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-24-2020 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:51 PM   #26
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, it took me so long to post this.
My anti-virus kept popping up, giving me a malicious adware message... it kept blocking it every minute or so, when I was trying to post the revisions, it would not give me much time to post them.

I think it has something to do with your maps you uploaded here in this thread... when I would try to look at them, my anti-virus did not like them and kept blocking them.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-24-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:12 PM   #27
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

EC, how are these? To your liking I hope.

Old 03-30-2020, 06:12 PM   #28
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Very well done as always... really fine work... just a couple of revisions.

NIRL First Division
Kinston is not in this league... you have the Kofa Kings logo there by the Kinston town name... the "K" with the crown on top of it is for Kofa and should be placed by Kofa town name.
You will have to move the Jackson Jackalopes logo to make room for the Kofa logo by the Kofa town name.
Move Jackson logo to the right of Jackson town name and then place Kofa logo near Kofa town name... the Kofa logo should probably go in the place where you originally had the Jackson logo.
If it helps you place it better, it's OK to move the Kofa town name some to make room for the Kofa Kings logo.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-30-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:25 PM   #29
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

North Island Second Division

Dutton is not in the North Island Second League.
You need to move the Bobcats image by Dutton town name over by Theodore town name.
If it helps you any in placement, you can move the dot indicator for the Theodore town name... it is not crucial for it to be in an exact spot.
Move the town location some if it helps you fit in the Bobcats logo.

Otherwise, this is very well done.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-30-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:36 PM   #30
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The South Island First League and South Island Second League are perfect... really well done.
Thank you for a job very well done.

Take your time on the revisions.

Change the towns' locations a little bit if it helps you fit the logos in better.

Thank you again for doing this... it really makes this new dynasty league a lot more special to me.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-30-2020 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:50 PM   #31
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

One last revision... on the South Island Second League map, could you move the name of the mountains, so the full name will show.

The Meraux Tigers logo covers half of the mountain name... you see a little of the M... and the Royales… but not Montagnes.

Montagnes Royales is the full name... you can move the name a little further down the mountain range to get the full name in.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-30-2020 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:44 PM   #32
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Here are the two edited North Island maps.

As for the mountain range editing, I tried editing it in my program and I couldn't move or re add the text without compromising the aesthetic. I guess if you REALLY your map with the logos on it without them covering any text, edit your map file and send me a new copy. If not, I don't know what to tell you.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:17 PM   #33
TrbldWiseman
Major Leagues

As a pseudo-amateur cartographer, I just wanna say I love this thread! Even went as far as getting the program because of it. Thank you for sharing as I would never've known the program existed without it!
Old 03-30-2020, 10:27 PM   #34
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizeman21 View Post
Here are the two edited North Island maps.

As for the mountain range editing, I tried editing it in my program and I couldn't move or re add the text without compromising the aesthetic. I guess if you REALLY your map with the logos on it without them covering any text, edit your map file and send me a new copy. If not, I don't know what to tell you.

This is great the way it is... don't worry about the mountain range revision.

Thank you so much for doing... it really looks great!
Much appreciate the revisions... you made it really look good with the addition of the logos.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-30-2020 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:39 PM   #35
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrbldWiseman View Post
As a pseudo-amateur cartographer, I just wanna say I love this thread! Even went as far as getting the program because of it. Thank you for sharing as I would never've known the program existed without it!
Glad I could help. If you are ever interested in finding even more advanced cartographers on the internet, go over to Reddit and join some of these threads:

r/FantasyMaps
r/imaginarymaps
r/mapmaking
r/worldbuilding

Also Cartographers Guild is a old site I use to try to be active in but eventually lost interest in.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:58 PM   #36
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizeman21 View Post
Glad I could help. If you are ever interested in finding even more advanced cartographers on the internet, go over to Reddit and join some of these threads:

r/FantasyMaps
r/imaginarymaps
r/mapmaking
r/worldbuilding

Also Cartographers Guild is a old site I use to try to be active in but eventually lost interest in.
I hope this will motivate other dynasty writers to create a map for their fictional worlds... maps increase the immersion and enjoyment.

Great Job!
Let me know if I can ever repay the favor.
Not very talented, but I would at least try to help you with my limited skills.

Do you create your own logos, jerseys and caps?
Old 03-31-2020, 01:18 PM   #37
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
I hope this will motivate other dynasty writers to create a map for their fictional worlds... maps increase the immersion and enjoyment.

Great Job!
Let me know if I can ever repay the favor.
Not very talented, but I would at least try to help you with my limited skills.

Do you create your own logos, jerseys and caps?
I dabble if I am motivated enough. JustAFans programs are perfect for my ideas. For anything else, there is Low, TxRanger, Knuckler and all the great graphic novices here.

😊
Old 03-31-2020, 06:42 PM   #38
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Sizeman21, I just went back and perused and admired your fine logo additions to the map... you really did a fine job placing the logos on the map.

Excellent work!
Old 03-31-2020, 10:36 PM   #39
OriolePhan
Minors (Double A)

Good Job!

As a actual cartographer I can say you guys are doing good work. I love the fictional lands. I'm in production cartography so I can't say I would know how to create fictional lands or have to creativity to do what you guys are doing. But if you guys want a real map of a real place I can help out!
OriolePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:12 AM   #40
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Had some late night fun creating this goofy 8 team league map. Found some silly nicknames online and a created the most unique league logo ever. I might pursue this as a side project in the dynasty sub forum.