Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Inside the Ropes
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB Inside the Ropes Your game and fantasy fights

Old 07-13-2021, 08:13 PM   #1
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

Joe Palooka Takes On The Challengers

So I'm finally going to start a let's play/fight chronicle. I'm going to be using a prime Joe Palooka, the legendary comic strip boxer (fighter file here), and pitting him against (at least) a heavyweight opponent of each ranking level.

Rules:
-Different corner men and rulesets will be used for each bout. The stats/conditions will be given.
-The opponents will start at 0. They will not include any real living boxers, and will consist of either fictional characters (including those of my own creation) or historical fighters.

On with the show!
Coiler12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:41 AM   #2
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

Fight 1: Palooka vs. Royce
OPPONENT: Wintell "Little Man" Royce (RATING 0)/Generic Corner
RULES: Three judges, the bout is scheduled for 8 rounds, IBF-rules are in effect, three KD rule is not in effect, save by the bell is not in effect, only the referee can stop the fight, mandatory 8 count is not in effect, fight stopped due to an accidental head butt: Tech. Draw through 4/Scorecard after 4, game will check for injuries, game will adjust ratings for weight class, use judges bias is set to 'random', Scoring System is 10 Points

Joe Palooka's fight took him to Baltimore for a tune-up match against an ironically named "Little Man." This was a clear mismatch, as the word was that "Little Man" was a street tough who barely knew how to box. There was also the suspicion that this was some kind of money laundering scheme, or at least politically driven. But that was the nature of boxing. Fearing some kind of dirty trick, his trainer Clyde told him to go for an early finish. This he did, dominating his opponent so thoroughly that not one punch was actually landed on him. The referee quickly stopped the match in the first round.

WINNER: JOE PALOOKA
-by technical knockout at the 02:56 mark in Round 1

Author's notes: In the show itself, Little Man is a very minor character, one of the two people who shot Kima in the first season. He's then promptly executed for his failure. I've designed some legitimate fighters from that show, but made him as a novelty tomato can. Since The Wire is the exact opposite of Joe Palooka, I figured I'd start this series off on such a goofy note, to set the stage for what's to come.
Coiler12 is offline   Reply With Quote