Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 04-08-2020, 04:14 AM   #1
DowntownTorontonian
Bat Boy

Question about Commission for new Toronto Stadium

Currently in my 2nd year as a GM of the Toronto Blue Jays and since I'm thinking about going long term in this play-through I was considering building a new Stadium at the Ontario Place grounds. Something that has been debated about (though probably will never happen) recently due to our aging non-baseball designed Stadium. I love the Skydome but she was never made to be a baseball stadium.

With just a bit of brief looking over google maps, mixed with my knowledge of actually working at Ontario Place here are three rough locations with sizing of available lots. Definitely would like to go into more detail if someone is interested, might even recruit R/TorontoBlueJays for some fun during this ****ty quarantine.

Site 1: Replace the Budweiser Stage and much of the unused lot.

Site 2: Tear down the old Silos on the Western Island

Site 3: Build over Eastern Parking Lot and part of the Brigantine Cove

Mostly just curious, more of a passion project so my budget is not super crazy but I'm also not asking anyone to work for free unless they feel like this is something they would enjoy doing.
DowntownTorontonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 04:54 AM   #2
DowntownTorontonian
Bat Boy

Bump
Old 04-24-2020, 08:10 PM   #3
tehsuigi
All Star Reserve

In the real world, the problem with the Ontario Place is that it is a dramatically worse location compared to the SkyDome. No easy transit access, the Gardiner's in the way, and the place was flooded just three years ago during the summer when Lake Ontario's levels rose too much.

In OOTP, though...I'd go with the Western Island spot. The Eastern island is already Trillium Park and can continue to be that way or get turned into a Ballpark Village-esque area.
tehsuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:45 PM   #4
DowntownTorontonian
Bat Boy

While true that at the moment it's worse, there is a subway line that is supposed to go to Ontario Place. If it will ever be built, that's a different matter but in a hypothetical world where we are building a new stadium, let's say that it does get built and we have Subway and lots of parking (due to Exhibition Place and Ontario Place parking lots)
Old 04-25-2020, 10:39 PM   #5
Bobbyraz49
All Star Reserve

But wasn't SKYDOME built for the Jays ?
Bobbyraz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:42 PM   #6
DowntownTorontonian
Bat Boy

It wasn't, it was designed to be a multi-purpose stadium for the Toronto Argos (CFL Team) but they later moved.

Because it wasn't designed purely for Baseball a lot of people who visit true MLB stadiums feel like it's really bad.

Having never been to another stadium myself I haven't experienced this but I can see what they mean from their explanations.
Old 04-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #7
tehsuigi
All Star Reserve

@DT: You owe it to yourself to go to another ballpark if/when MLB returns. Comerica Park in Detroit is only 4 hours away by car or train+tunnel bus, and with the team as bad as they are, tickets will be cheap. Cleveland and Pittsburgh would also be driveable.

And point made about the Ontario Line. My vote still stands for site 2.
tehsuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:43 PM   #8
Bluejays
Minors (Single A)

Hi I would go with site 2, you could design the stadium kinda like the giants where they have in on the water
Bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:45 PM   #9
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Rogers Centre 2

I made a new retractable roof stadium on the site of the music amphitheater - you can find it here:

Open Stadium Zip File

Closed Stadium Zip File

Park Factors

Open Day

Open Night

Closed Day

Closed Night
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:16 PM   #10
jokerhusky1129
Major Leagues

This is missing a .prk file...
jokerhusky1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:25 AM   #11
patrickzxd
Bat Boy

Question regarding a stadium with a retractable roof. How can we set it up that it goes back and forth between the open and closed roof? Or is it only one or the other?
patrickzxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 05:37 PM   #12
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickzxd View Post
Question regarding a stadium with a retractable roof. How can we set it up that it goes back and forth between the open and closed roof? Or is it only one or the other?
It's an inelegant solution, but if you load both into your league you can switch back and forth manually in the team settings screen. Otherwise there isn't a way to have it switch back and forth automatically.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:24 PM   #13
patrickzxd
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
It's an inelegant solution, but if you load both into your league you can switch back and forth manually in the team settings screen. Otherwise there isn't a way to have it switch back and forth automatically.
Oh! Might be a silly question but how do you load both?
patrickzxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:16 PM   #14
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickzxd View Post
Oh! Might be a silly question but how do you load both?
I realized I never answered you - apologies. First, make sure you're in commissioner mode.

Go to settings -> edit ballpark. Click on the actions button, then choose add new park. Once the new park profile opens up, click on "manually import data from file into this park". Find the .prk file, and it should now show up in game.

To alternate back and forth, go to the team settings page. There is a drop down menu for the stadiums - click on the menu and find the option you want (open or closed.) So, for this one, there should be a "Rogers Centre" and a "Rogers Centre - Closed" - you could use the closed one through May 30th, then flip over to the open one for the rest of the season. It's purely cosmetic (won't impact actual simulations) but it could be fun if you're playing games out.