Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-31-2020, 01:15 PM   #1
lujab2004
Bat Boy

Surface Pro

Does anyone play this on a surface pro? How is it. Really thinking of grabbing one. I don’t have a laptop and the thought of playing this in bed or in my recliner is too tempting.
lujab2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:56 PM   #2
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The hardware specs means it runs very well.
However, the screen resolution on the surface and OOTP does not play nice together.
My advice would be to purchase the game on Steam. Use your two hours to test it. If it runs well and looks fine then great!
If not, then refund it.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
lujab2004
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
The hardware specs means it runs very well.
However, the screen resolution on the surface and OOTP does not play nice together.
My advice would be to purchase the game on Steam. Use your two hours to test it. If it runs well and looks fine then great!
If not, then refund it.
I already have the game. I’m looking for a small, light laptop to run it. My back can’t take playing for hours on my desktop.
lujab2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:05 PM   #4
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujab2004 View Post
I already have the game. I’m looking for a small, light laptop to run it. My back can’t take playing for hours on my desktop.
Don't get a surface the screen ratio is horrible for gaming. I got a $400 17 inch laptop yes its huge and bulky but its great for ootp.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:35 PM   #5
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

I use it on a surface. I usually buy a new surface when OOTP is released. On my surface pro 7 I have no issues. You do have resolution issues if you leave the scaling on 200%. I have mine set to 125% scaling and I love it.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:44 PM   #6
Charley575
All Star Reserve

I runs great on the Surface. I run mine in the native resolution with 150% scaling (closest thing to 1920X1080 as you can get) and its great. The aspect ratio is 1.5:1 so it's a little bit more of a square screen, but I don't have any issues with it. It plays just fine in tablet mode, too so you don't have to have the keyboard cover on.

Edit to add that since I've gotten the Surface I've been in the habit of taking OOTP to bed with me as if I didn't already play enough, lol! I put my data files on my OneDrive so I can play out a game on the Surface before I go to sleep, then when I wake up and go sit down at the desktop my save is right there waiting for me. Only bad thing about using a cloud drive like that is all those darn PT folders that spawn on your HD.

Last edited by Charley575; 03-31-2020 at 04:52 PM.
Charley575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:57 PM   #7
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

I have the Surface Pro 6, all is great imo.

I also have the Asus gaming laptop 17" screen, more stats to see on that one.
BusterKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:58 PM   #8
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley575 View Post
I runs great on the Surface. I run mine in the native resolution with 150% scaling (closest thing to 1920X1080 as you can get) and its great. The aspect ratio is 1.5:1 so it's a little bit more of a square screen, but I don't have any issues with it. It plays just fine in tablet mode, too so you don't have to have the keyboard cover on.

Edit to add that since I've gotten the Surface I've been in the habit of taking OOTP to bed with me as if I didn't already play enough, lol! I put my data files on my OneDrive so I can play out a game on the Surface before I go to sleep, then when I wake up and go sit down at the desktop my save is right there waiting for me. Only bad thing about using a cloud drive like that is all those darn PT folders that spawn on your HD.
Question for you. Does the right click work on the game? Mine hasn't worked Since OOTP17 or 18.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:15 PM   #9
middleson
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Previously I played my game on a 27 inch desktop and a 27 inch AIO, decided to try the surface pro that I got for my birthday. Works better than expected, can sit in comfy chair and play while watching TV. Small size fits on my lap easily and no eating problems. Only difference is the 27 inch had the real estate to show home run, RBI, and SB info in the batting line up during the game. Other than increasing the ball size to large, have had no problems following action on the field. BTW, right click works for me.
middleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:04 PM   #10
Charley575
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post
Question for you. Does the right click work on the game? Mine hasn't worked Since OOTP17 or 18.
Press your finger down and hold until you see the little flash underneath. Then drag to the side a little and lift up.

Edit, it's a white box more so than a flash.
Edit Again: If that doesn't work for you you can use the virtual trackpad. In tablet mode the icon should appear right next to the icon for the virtual keyboard.

Last edited by Charley575; 04-01-2020 at 01:20 AM.
Charley575 is offline   Reply With Quote