Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-28-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Lightbulb Suggestion : Turn off MiLB coaches

Maybe it would be impossible / very difficult to build within the game, but I would like to see the option to turn off MiLB coaches. I often wonder if maybe I hired the wrong coaches and that has an affect on prospects stalling out in the minors.

I don't want every prospect to always reach their full potential, but it's hard to know how the AA manager will affect someone who hasn't reached that level yet. Firing and hiring a new coach can be too tedious and leaving the Assistant GM up to the task is the only other option.

Am I the other one who has any issues with the minor league coaches?
WarningTrakPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:06 PM   #2
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

I agree this could be improved - maybe some sort of ‘organisational philosophy’ system, or something similiar?

I’d also like minor league coaching contracts to end later in the year, so I have a chance *after* the season to review things. As it is now, they just auto-expire after the season finishes.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:31 AM   #3
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

I've turned coaching off for most games now, I don't know if it's better but I got really sick of "oh, pitchinvg coach in the Appalachian League is beneath me" over and over and over again when trying to hire. Not crazy about the negative effects either, especially when the coach ratings are by definition/necessity arbitrary.

Current Project: WBAT/AABBA: Organized Base Ball And the "New Normal" World Baseball Aid Tournament 2023 trophy round underway!
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:52 AM   #4
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarningTrakPower View Post
Maybe it would be impossible / very difficult to build within the game, but I would like to see the option to turn off MiLB coaches. I often wonder if maybe I hired the wrong coaches and that has an affect on prospects stalling out in the minors.

I don't want every prospect to always reach their full potential, but it's hard to know how the AA manager will affect someone who hasn't reached that level yet. Firing and hiring a new coach can be too tedious and leaving the Assistant GM up to the task is the only other option.

Am I the other one who has any issues with the minor league coaches?
You can view a coach’s relationship or influence by team or organization.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote