Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-07-2020, 07:27 PM   #1
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Diary of a GM

Name:  bba-banner.png
Views: 673
Size:  69.6 KB

The Montgomery Brewster World Baseball Association is one of the most recognisable baseball leagues within the OOTP world, split into the Brewster Baseball Association and the United Middle East Baseball Association. The leagues work on a major league, minor league basis. However it's a major league, minor league for GM's not players. The premise is you join the UMEBA when openings appear then if an opening appears in the BBA you have a chance to leave the UMEBA and hit the majors in the BBA.

At the moment I'm not technically a GM in the UMEBA, so you could say I'm so far down the system I'm riding the bench in the bush leagues. That will all change though as the UMEBA is expanding by two teams, well hopefully it will change but I have it on good authority that I will be spending my summers so to say in Athens, Greece as GM of the Athens Fighting Centaurs one of the two expansion teams coming in the 2042 season.

Name:  aee7b31a3286a52f4a854401b287556a.png
Views: 553
Size:  25.7 KB

At the moment the Centaurs have a logo and uniforms and that's it they dont have a ballpark nor even an owner, they'll be game generated for the 2042 season. Unless that is I can gather enough PP (participation points) to make my own ballpark and more importantly the owner who hopefully will be Niko Papadakis, so I'm 11.5pp short of an owner, I have no ballpark, no manager it's dark and I'm wearing sunglasses.

Name:  8d19dab7ec203cfe6faa64b6ce02e518.png
Views: 424
Size:  51.0 KB

What will the dynasty entail, firstly I'm not going to ram stats down your throat. Yes I know OOTP is all about stats but dynasties aren't, a dynasty imo is all about the story that is told, it's about trying to bring the players alive and right or wrong that's what I'll try to do with this dynasty. That's not to say I'll leave you statheads out to dry, I'll be posting links to stats woven into the fabric of the story.

As the title gives it away a bit, I'll be doing the dynasty as though your reading the diary of the Centaurs GM. It actually may help my fellow GM's in the UMEBA to put one over on me, then again in 15 years of OOTP leagues I havent won a championship I've got to a final or two but I'm hardly giving winning secrets away

Just a note, its 2042 in the MBWBA so I may take the odd liberty with history from 2020 to 2042, dont worry it wont be far out stuff nor global stuff. In fact you may not even notice it.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 03:20 PM   #2
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Wednesday 20th February 2041

Name:  iStock-1028749698-e1571308854639.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  84.2 KB

I received a letter today, an interesting letter, a surprising letter seeing I'd retired from baseball some 3 years ago. The sender a Mr Niko Papadakis, a Greek businessman.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  28.7 KB

Along with the letter asking me to travel to Athens to "talk baseball" were two photos one of an house I would be staying at, another of a ballpark along with a ticket to Athens. There was also a postcard of Athens, on the back it read "Tell me to my face, you do not miss it".
Attached Images

Last edited by ukhotstove; 03-25-2020 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:45 AM   #3
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Friday 22nd February 2041

Met Mr Papadakis today, seemed a decent guy. If I was to become the GM of Athens I'd be fully in charge of baseball operations. Offered me a contract for $190,000 for 4 years, managed to get another $30,000 a year plus an house in Athens of my choice for not only the length of contract but for 2 years after. Given me a couple of days to decide.

Name:  pel072-6.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  40.8 KB
Old 03-25-2020, 07:58 AM   #4
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Sunday 24th February 2041

Signed the contract, all we have to do is persuade the MBWBA to grant Athens an expansion franchise. The $100,000 signing bonus he's given me no matter if Athens gets a franchise is a drop in the ocean, seems he's already paid $450m to have a state of the art eco friendly stadium built. The worrying thing isbits half built and will be completed no matter what the decision.

Name:  1558898539.png
Views: 245
Size:  172.1 KB
Old 03-25-2020, 08:31 AM   #5
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

I was just in Greece last fall, so I will definitely be keeping up on this.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:42 AM   #6
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
I was just in Greece last fall, so I will definitely be keeping up on this.
Not been for a few years, beautiful place plus I'm an history and myths junkie so perfect.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:43 AM   #7
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

Nice! I've also been to Italy (Rome, Florence, Pompeii, southern coast). My heart is definitely in Italy more than Greece.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail this report.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:57 AM   #8
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
Nice! I've also been to Italy (Rome, Florence, Pompeii, southern coast). My heart is definitely in Italy more than Greece.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail this report.
Dont be always glad of a comment.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:33 AM   #9
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Sunday March 10th 2041

Name:  player_23456.png
Views: 226
Size:  20.0 KB

Went watching the Edmonton Jackrabbits face the Jacksonville Hurricanes in a spring training game. It had been over 3 years since I scouted a baseball game. David Noboru impressed me but he was a free agent to be but would be in the $20m range, way over our budget close to what our entire roster would earn, that is if we had a roster, he was one that wouldn't make the shortlist. Our shortlist as far as BBA players were concerned would be over the hill players or back ups.

* Noboru would go on to sign a 5 year contract worth $19,000,000 a year with the Charlotte Cougars of the BBA, at this moment in time the entire Athens player payroll stands at $21,718,500.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:02 PM   #10
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

If anyone would like a deeper insight into The Brewster or even join then just click on the link within this post.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:32 PM   #11
Big Six
Hall Of Famer

This looks like it will be a lot of fun. My wife and I are both history teachers, and we've taken trips with students to Italy and Greece (she teaches Latin, too). We've only been to Greece once, but we're scheduled to make another trip there in June 2021. That's one reason I'll be following along.

Good luck with your dynasty!

The Base Ball Life of Patrick O'Farrell: 2014 inductee, OOTP Dynasty Hall of Fame

Kenilworth: A Town and its Team: fun with a fictional league
Big Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:23 PM   #12
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
This looks like it will be a lot of fun. My wife and I are both history teachers, and we've taken trips with students to Italy and Greece (she teaches Latin, too). We've only been to Greece once, but we're scheduled to make another trip there in June 2021. That's one reason I'll be following along.

Good luck with your dynasty!
Hopefully all what is going on will have passed and you'll be back in Greece in the future, thank you for visiting the Centaurs.