Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-05-2019, 05:31 AM   #41
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Triple A)

Hospital....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonCo View Post
Sorry if I came off a bit abrupt. Any poster should always be able to disagree with any other! It's been a stressful week here. That's never a good excuse, but it's all I got. Learning: Never respond to things like this from a hospital.

Here are a couple threads on catcher defense from GMs in the BBA online league with several typse of studies in them. The first is mine, but the others take different approaches.

http://montybrewster.net/forums/view...p?f=23&t=25186

http://montybrewster.net/forums/view...p?f=23&t=26010

There's also a good study in one of our league's pre-season media guides: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_l...ew?usp=sharing
Hospital?????
Hope you are ok. I was actually in a hospital a few years ago for two weeks and this game helped me so much.
ThrownOutAtHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:27 AM   #42
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrownOutAtHome View Post
Awesome that you mentioned the old Earl Weaver Baseball game....we are showing our age. Did you ever play any of the Microleague Baseball games?
I really enjoyed Microleague Baseball back in the late 80's. Many hours spent playing that game with fond memories.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:22 AM   #43
Anyone
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrownOutAtHome View Post
Awesome that you mentioned the old Earl Weaver Baseball game....we are showing our age. Did you ever play any of the Microleague Baseball games?
Somehow I never ended up playing Microleague, though I remember them existing.

I know after Earl Weaver Baseball there was Tony LaRussa baseball (probably by the same company?) and I may have been without a baseball sim after that until I started playing OOTP.
Anyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:10 PM   #44
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Triple A)

Earl Weaver developer was a company called Mirage.
Microleague Baseball company name was called Microleague.
Microleague also made some decent Football games but was outclassed by XOR NFL Challenge Football and Front Page Sports Football.
I still consider XORs NFL Challenge the best Football sim of all time.
The only decent Football game around right now is Wolverines Draft Day Sports Pro and College Football. Wolverines game gets better every year and is built on a great foundation. I'm actually surprised not many people play it.

I think OOTP may have a Football game in the works. I know they did but the Dev got very sick.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:17 PM   #45
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Triple A)

What system were you playing Microleague Baseball on?
I was playing it with an Atari 800 and Atari 130xe.
Old 11-21-2022, 04:10 AM   #46
bruno2008
Bat Boy

If your favorite players are pitchers, there are statistics to evaluate their ability, too, as you might notice metrics like BABIPs (Batting average on balls in play), SwStr% (Swinging strike rate), and ERA (Earned run average); the list goes on.
bruno2008 is offline   Reply With Quote