Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:18 PM   #1
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Error in Creating League File (online MP league)

Hi all,

I recently started having issues in creating our (daily) league file in-game. We've confirmed that the other commissioners are not having this problem, and I also uninstalled and reinstalled OOTP 19. I'm at a lose as to what the error is as we all use the same "commissioner" account when simming.

We've used the same setup for 4 years now, and while I have had issues in the past with the UPLOAD portion not cooperating (I'd just upload it manually via Filezilla), I have never seen this issue before in the league file just giving me an error after about 10 seconds of trying to create the file.

Here is a link to our league file from yesterday which was created by a co-commissioner. I tried to sim today, and I get the error.

Great game this year, so now I'm just hoping to get this little hiccup ironed out. Thank you!

Below are screenshots of the error as well as our saved games folder, just in case there's any clues in there. I've also included an image of what's inside the zip that gets created in that 10-second window before the error is produced.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #2
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Still having the same issue with this. Any suggestions I could try to try and determine what is causing the issue?

Thank you.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:15 PM   #3
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

66 views, so I guess some people are seeing messages in this section of the forum.

This is the issue I'm still experiencing: Before, in past games when I had an error during league-file creation, the game would crash during upload, BUT at least the file was complete, and I could just do it manually via ftp. Now, my league file is simply always missing items, and different each time. Thus, the reason things aren't being included in the league file is not because of some in-game setting, it's because now the game gives an error DURING the creation of the file, and it's at different points each time.

I've never had these sorts of issues in creating a league file ever before in a version of OOTP. I've tried all of the new patches, and each one gives me issues.

One solution I'm curious to try: If I were to "refund" my current version of OOTP, I would happily re-purchase it on Steam, even if the price is more. Perhaps something via Steam makes a difference? I always have had the game on Steam prior to this, and again, I'd be happy to incur the extra cost if I were given a refund on my pre-order copy.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:09 PM   #4
Andreas Raht
Administrator

I'm very sure that the Steam build will not help
Is there enough space on that disk drive? Delete the existing league file(s) in the import_export folder. Does league archive creation work with another (fake) league on your computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
66 views, so I guess some people are seeing messages in this section of the forum.

This is the issue I'm still experiencing: Before, in past games when I had an error during league-file creation, the game would crash during upload, BUT at least the file was complete, and I could just do it manually via ftp. Now, my league file is simply always missing items, and different each time. Thus, the reason things aren't being included in the league file is not because of some in-game setting, it's because now the game gives an error DURING the creation of the file, and it's at different points each time.

I've never had these sorts of issues in creating a league file ever before in a version of OOTP. I've tried all of the new patches, and each one gives me issues.

One solution I'm curious to try: If I were to "refund" my current version of OOTP, I would happily re-purchase it on Steam, even if the price is more. Perhaps something via Steam makes a difference? I always have had the game on Steam prior to this, and again, I'd be happy to incur the extra cost if I were given a refund on my pre-order copy.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:12 PM   #5
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
I'm very sure that the Steam build will not help
Is there enough space on that disk drive? Delete the existing league file(s) in the import_export folder. Does league archive creation work with another (fake) league on your computer?
Thank you, Andreas. There is close to 200 GB left on the hard drive, and I have tried deleted the existing league file from that folder. I just created a new test league, and that one worked. It also went very faster in completed that commissioner task of creating/uploading the league file.

So it must be something with our particular league file?
Old 05-08-2018, 03:51 AM   #6
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
So it must be something with our particular league file?
Yes, seems to be a problem with that league. Next: close OOTP, rename the /news folder of that saved game. Start OOTP and open that saved game again. (OOTP will create an empty /news folder. You can delete it later.) Try to create the league file - does that work? If it does, close OOTP again, restore the /news folder and rename one of the folders inside the /news folder until you find the folder that causes the problems.
BTW - try to create a zip file of your league folder outside of OOTP, for example with 7zip.exe. Does that work?
Old 05-08-2018, 11:09 AM   #7
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Ok, this seems to be sorting it out. I'm at the point now of renaming folders one-by-one in my original news folder. Do you have suggestions on folders to start with? There are quite a few!

I'm guessing I need to restart the game too with each folder name edit?
Old 05-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #8
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Ok, this seems to be sorting it out. I'm at the point now of renaming folders one-by-one in my original news folder. Do you have suggestions on folders to start with? There are quite a few!

I'm guessing I need to restart the game too with each folder name edit?
If renaming /news does not help, then you don't need to continue with the subfolders
Old 05-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #9
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

No, it did help. What I'm doing now instead is having our other commissioner (who is having no problems) zip and upload his /news folder for me. I'll use that and try next, if you think that's a sound approach!
Old 05-08-2018, 12:30 PM   #10
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
No, it did help. What I'm doing now instead is having our other commissioner (who is having no problems) zip and upload his /news folder for me. I'll use that and try next, if you think that's a sound approach!
Sounds good!
Old 05-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #11
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

I thought we had it...deleted my /news folder, used co-commissioners which he zipped and sent to me...game got to 69% of the file creation, and crashed like it has been again.

I have uploaded debug info here in case it helps:
http://www.simsportsglobal.com/ssgba...iles/trace.zip

I'm stumped now!
Old 05-11-2018, 02:36 AM   #12
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Is there something else I can try? Thanks for any info that can be passed along--I'll do what I can to get this working!
Old 05-11-2018, 04:55 AM   #13
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Rename one of the folders inside the /news folder until you find the folder that causes the problems.
Try to create a zip file of your league folder outside of OOTP, for example with 7zip.exe. Does that work?
Old 05-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #14
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Rename one of the folders inside the /news folder until you find the folder that causes the problems.
Try to create a zip file of your league folder outside of OOTP, for example with 7zip.exe. Does that work?
We did this first step already, and I used the exact news folder of our co-commissioner. He can sim every time, but for me it fails every time.

Yes, I can manually create the league file, but am hoping to regain the full functionality of the game as it had always worked just fine since we started the league with OOTP 16. For whatever reason, 19 is giving me issues on multiple machines (other machine freezes up in creating a backup while simulating)
Old 05-14-2018, 04:48 AM   #15
Andreas Raht
Administrator

We need to find the problem by finding the files that cause it. I know that the OOTP code works and I cannot see any problem here when testing it. You renamed the /news folder and then it worked, right? Then, you restored the news folder again and it did not work, right? Okay. Now, rename one of the folders inside the news folder. I suggest you start with the html folder. Then try again and let me know. Let's try it step by step
Old 05-15-2018, 02:46 PM   #16
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

I will tinker with this eventually (wedding in Hawai'i in less than 2 weeks), but for now, I'm able to run the sims from my desktop.

Thanks, Andreas!