Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:42 AM   #1
Romagoth
Major Leagues

International Scouting

I looked everywhere and am unable to find a solution to this:

I cannot find the setting for "hidden players" anywhere in the game settings. Below is a link to the online OOTP18 game manual that talks about this feature. Any help would be appreciated.

http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...ional_scouting

Last edited by Romagoth; 07-20-2017 at 12:45 AM.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:54 AM   #2
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

I believe it is called scouting discoveries in the option tabs and players. It is on the same page that shows how many generated international or independent league free agents.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Yea, I don't see it either? Wasn't aware of this before, and like the option, just can't find it.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #4
sqidwerd
Minors (Single A)

I can't locate this either. When starting a new game, it's not to be found in the Game Settings tab as well.
sqidwerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #5
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

I will look to get a screenshot later. But i do not believe it is "hidden players" it is under international discoveries
Old 07-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

somethigns is odd here, maybe this is teh future transition?

you can turn off international discoveries on the players settings tab within league settings. (or options or financials, etc it's there.)

players and pictures optiosn is akin to Players and Facegen options under global settings, i guess you could check there.

the syntax is off for sure...
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #7
Situational_Lefty
Minors (Triple A)

Name:  Screenshot - 7_20_2017.png
Views: 792
Size:  264.9 KB

I think this might be what you are looking for. "International Scouting discoveries (per team)".
Situational_Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

yup and the pic below doesn't say that. proactively finding his own solution and ... not so much.

i don't recall them ever being refered to in the game or in the settings as "hidden players" but i guess i could be wrong.

hmm, i did notice a different email confirmation from them, though... it does react like a contract negotiating process, but they always sign and no competition. it's just seemingly cosmetic as far as the cahnge, because tehy still go straight into the complex.

looks like the ui may change on this soon
Attached Images

Last edited by NoOne; 07-20-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:36 PM   #9
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Is that the same thing though? I have all of the International Scouting Discovering settings on like normal, but the manual talks about hidden players and you have the chance to sign them before any other team. That sounds different from your scout finding a player and assigning him to your complex.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #10
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

The hidden players or international discoveries only get added to your team it is different than the July 2 signing period. You will get an email saying something like your scout found player x who is potential 2 star player from x country and is now in your complex.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:00 PM   #11
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagoth View Post
Is that the same thing though? I have all of the International Scouting Discovering settings on like normal, but the manual talks about hidden players and you have the chance to sign them before any other team. That sounds different from your scout finding a player and assigning him to your complex.
i've been playing for a few years now, and have yet to have scout find a "hidden" player, though i have 25% of my budget for international scouting.
The regular discoveries seem to be covered well enough. i just sort of figured that hidden thing may be left-overs from earlier versions, but that's just a guess.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #12
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
i've been playing for a few years now, and have yet to have scout find a "hidden" player, though i have 25% of my budget for international scouting.
The regular discoveries seem to be covered well enough. i just sort of figured that hidden thing may be left-overs from earlier versions, but that's just a guess.
Unless turbed off you should be signing hidden players. I would check your internatonal complex and should show players signed at no $$ amount. Most hidden players are under 1 star prospects and are usually nothing more than fillers.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:32 PM   #13
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
The hidden players or international discoveries only get added to your team it is different than the July 2 signing period. You will get an email saying something like your scout found player x who is potential 2 star player from x country and is now in your complex.
Yeah I understand this and it happens for me around 10 times per season. What I'm looking for is a hidden player option that allows my scout to find a hidden player that I can sign before another team discovers him. I have not found the setting nor seen this ever happen in the game and I suspect it is not an actual option.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:19 AM   #14
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagoth View Post
Yeah I understand this and it happens for me around 10 times per season. What I'm looking for is a hidden player option that allows my scout to find a hidden player that I can sign before another team discovers him. I have not found the setting nor seen this ever happen in the game and I suspect it is not an actual option.
The hidden players are the scouting discoveries that you sign before anyone else. I believe it is done automatically instead of needing a contract because all the players that are found are usually under 20 years old. I believe when the scouting discoveries were first introduced they did have older players that you had to sign to MLB type deals due to their not being foreign leagues or foreign players available.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:55 AM   #15
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
The hidden players are the scouting discoveries that you sign before anyone else. I believe it is done automatically instead of needing a contract because all the players that are found are usually under 20 years old. I believe when the scouting discoveries were first introduced they did have older players that you had to sign to MLB type deals due to their not being foreign leagues or foreign players available.
This is correct. The scouting discoveries no longer have any negotiation involved. You just get an e-mail saying that your scout found so-and-so and he has been assigned to your international complex.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:15 PM   #16
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

the manual says:

International Scouting
Whether you are scouting major leagues, minor leagues, internationally, or amateurs, the basic output is the same: individual scouting reports for the scouted players. However, when scouting internationally, there is also a possibility that your scouting team will turn up a "hidden player," someone from abroad who other teams are not yet aware of. When this happens, you will have a chance to sign the player before any other team.

This "hidden player" feature is an option that can be enabled or disabled during game creation in the Player Options section of the Game Options page. After a game has been created, you can adjust it by navigating to OOTP Menu >> Game Setup >> Player & Picture Options.

If hidden players are disabled, you can still scout internationally, but you will only receive individual scouting reports, and will not be able to find hidden players.

Finding Hidden Players

When your scouting team uncovers some talent abroad, they will send you a message.

Once you receive this message, you can offer the player a contract as you would with any other free agents. However, it's only a matter of time before other teams hear about this player, so don't waste time!

but when you go to that page, there is no longer an option in OOTP 18 for hidden players ... so something has changed since the manual was updated, or this was missed? Whatever. i still can't locate it, even when creating a new game.
Attached Images
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #17
james17
All Star Starter

I think we need someone from OOTP to chime in and straighten us out. I know it was working in a previous version because I 'found' one once who became a real good player. Other than that one time though, it's been nada except for the International complex guys.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #18
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

there's a check box or drop down box for # of discoveries.. .that's "it"

hidden players must be old verbage. it's not important what they are called.

someone above cleared it up... in the past you used to have to negotiate with these players - not anymore, because you auto-sign them to complex now. these guys are 95% junk but you get something amazing on occasion. worth your while to look at them

however, don't spend much money on international scouting, unless you have international leagues turned on and running. in complex, they are "amatuers" scouting. jul 2nd, they are "amatuer" scouting. fictionally created FA are major scouting... if fictionally created they were never international scouting, essentially.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-22-2017 at 03:10 PM.