Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #161
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyarchives View Post
Or we will translate the game!
If I will have time and it will be possible I want to help with Czech translation too (even when I'm not sure which language version I'll use in the end).
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #162
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I'm going to level with you guys, i didn't know other languages besides english existed until now. What next...You gonna tell me there are more leagues in the world besides the nhl!?

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-02-2013 at 09:49 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #163
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I'm going to level with you guys, i didn't know other languages besides english existed until now. What next...You gonna tell me there are more leagues in the world besides the nhl!?
And there ARE different countries than Canada too (really!)
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #164
RoPa
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Typical outlook for someone from Ontario!
RoPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #165
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoPa View Post
Typical outlook for someone from Ontario!
Canada: Ad Kenora usque Ad Cornwall
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #166
zukes
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoPa View Post
Typical outlook for someone from The GTA!
Fixed that for you. Just heard that Toronto is going to attempt to host the World Juniors, I will boycott if they get it. They have 4 junior teams in the GTA and they are almost outdrawn by London alone.
zukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #167
RoPa
All Star Reserve

error
RoPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #168
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
Fixed that for you. Just heard that Toronto is going to attempt to host the World Juniors, I will boycott if they get it. They have 4 junior teams in the GTA and they are almost outdrawn by London alone.
I'm from Hamilton; we're proudly not considered the GTA. Although my statement certainly reeks of GTA mindset .

Tickets for the WJC would be selling for a crazy amount of money if it was in Toronto. I'd rather see hamilton get it. We always get pushed aside. We really need to just do what markham is doing and build an arena. Ballsillie has helped pave the way for ontario to get a new team even if he won't be the owner...it would be a real shame if Toronto gets it over us. If it wasn't for the Maple Leaf Ownership, hamilton would of had a team in the 90s.

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-04-2013 at 11:59 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #169
elliach
Bat Boy

Saw the screenshots and one thing came to mind. Will I be able to use the metric measurement system in-game?
elliach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #170
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelka View Post
I can tell you from what I know of the KHL researcher, it will be as accurate as it can be based on any limitations set by the game engine. He has a pretty good rep around the EHM community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
I am very happy to hear that :-) I'm looking forward to your work, Alessandro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
I'll second that. I've 'known' of Alessandro and his work/time on EHM for ages!
Thank you guys! I hope you know my work also as hockey writer
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #171
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will we be able to schedule exhibition games between leagues? What about all-star games between leagues? Seems like all-star games (especially in North America) have run their course and having all-star games between leagues would be much more interesting. Perhaps as part of the league edit page-you could generate a league all-star team whenever you would like.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #172
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

I just wanted to add my voice to the growing throng anxiously awaiting this game!

As someone who's been running historical/alternate historical hockey leagues on various sims (and usually having to jump through a bunch of hoops/handcraft ratings for all the players, etc) for the past 12 or so years, this is really exciting news to me.

Even if we're locked into a "historical box" I'll be buying on day 1 with eyes towards a new online league!

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Read the story of the Barrell Family - A Figment Baseball tale

The Figment Sports Universe - More Fake Sports Than You Can Shake a Stick At!
legendsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #173
dubbs88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Are we there yet? How many more sleeps till release date?

Wondering if when I download this game how many licences will I get? I am currently using my wifes Macbook, and just can't get used to it, so I may get another pc laptop. Especially if there is the same abilities to add photos and logos like EHM, I think it will be a nightmare for me to figure that all out on a Mac.
dubbs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #174
Halara
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs88 View Post
Are we there yet? How many more sleeps till release date?
My daughter uses this same phrase when asking when Santa is coming
Halara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #175
dubbs88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halara View Post
My daughter uses this same phrase when asking when Santa is coming
Only this will be way better than Santa!!!! The fact that I am willing to buy a new laptop for $300+ just so I can easily edit stuff and play this game, instead of borrowing my wife's Macbook, tells you just how pumped I am for this!
dubbs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #176
renojedi
Major Leagues

Add me in as a another person anxious to buy the game. Short story on why this seems like the game for me.

I was a console baseball player (loved the All Star Baseball Series and later played 2K). My favorite feature was being able to make an expansion team and add them to the current year's game. To me, the ultimate challenge was to take a scrub team and turn them around.

Then ASB died, 2K didn't have an expansion team feature, and eventually they stopped including players who weren't part of the union (so no real minor leaguers and not many of the vets looking for a job). Then I found OOTP and it had everything I wanted...expansion team, all the players, ability to add graphics, logos, pictures, etc. Haven't played a console baseball game since 2006 and don't miss it a bit.

I still play EA Sports NHL. I like the same expansion team philosophy but it gets harder to do every year. Logos haven't changed in 3-4 years, you can't customize the arena like you used to, and you have to choose from a set list of team names. And, license issues mean you can't have all the players from all the leagues and most minor leaguer players aren't in the game.

Now comes FHM that is the OOTP of hockey. I can't wait to have the same experience with hockey that I did with baseball and leave the console world behind.

Well that, and at 39 I'd rather use strategy and hockey knowledge than button mashing and exploits. But hey, that's just me

Release day can't come soon enough!
renojedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #177
Akkim
Bat Boy

Okay, I hate to be the nudge... but we're running out of Early January! =)

At this point, the NHL might actually launch before FHM 2013 - a bet I might've lost a month ago or so.. =)

Here's to hoping for some updates/information/screenies, anything!! =)

--Micah
Puckless in Boston
Akkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #178
SerbianEagle
Minors (Single A)

Long time OOTP fan here, having played OOTP since about the 2nd version I think, but not very active on forums.

Buying FHM the moment it is released. I played EHM, but always felt that the OOTP look and feel was more suited for a hockey sim than FM look was, so needless to say, I can't wait
SerbianEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #179
echolodge
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkim View Post
Okay, I hate to be the nudge... but we're running out of Early January! =)

At this point, the NHL might actually launch before FHM 2013 - a bet I might've lost a month ago or so.. =)

Here's to hoping for some updates/information/screenies, anything!! =)

--Micah
Puckless in Boston
Could it be that release is being synchronized with NHL puck drop? Might increase sales. However, I bet developers are making the game the best possible before releasing it...a more likely scenario.
echolodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #180
Akkim
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by echolodge View Post
Could it be that release is being synchronized with NHL puck drop? Might increase sales. However, I bet developers are making the game the best possible before releasing it...a more likely scenario.
LOL.. There's no point in trying to use logic to solve my whining! =)

I don't think they'd care about lining it up with an NHL Puck drop. The lack of any real website/information about the game being visible wouldn't really turn many people who aren't already nosing around these forums into customers.. =)

--Micah
Akkim is offline   Reply With Quote