Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

International Scouting on a Budget

I like receiving the random talent reports from my scout; it's like a Christmas surprise every day of the season, plus it allows me to justify spending money on it. Recently, a lot of my talent has bloomed and hit arbitration (thanks to evolving league, a year earlier than normal), and now my team is way over-budget. I'm winning, so there's no way I'm going to wreck it, but now my farm has fallen to the low 20s, touching 30 every now and again. I'd like to re-stock, but the drafts, and minor league free agents are just so hard to rely on. As a result, I am only allowed to scout 1 country for free. What country has yielded successfully in your leagues?
Old 11-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram2Whitaker View Post
What country has yielded successfully in your leagues?
Go to your GM menu, click Explore Game World, click the top of the column labeled Baseball Quality once, twice. Now you will have the eight countries in the game with Excellent Baseball Quality at the top of the list. You cannot go wrong with any of those.

Note: I'm just showing off. The same eight countries are at the top of the International Scouting list in your Scouting page.

Note 2: I'm not a big fan of International Scouting in this game. Far too many reports of scrubs to go through to find a very rare gem. (And forget about International Free Agents). However, if you feel you must scout internationally, don't waste your money on any other country besides these eight, IMO.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote