Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2004, 11:34 AM   #1
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

New imported fighters thread

I figured we should start a new thread for the specific use of the import function with the game. It works quite well...alot easier than manually entering the numbers

Here are 3 fighters for you all to test to make sure I used the export funtion properly.

Ron "The Dragon" Essett - SMW...a pretty good fighter. Fought a few fighters in the game..Beat MW Robbie Sims...only KO'd twice in 32 career fights.

Alex Ambrose - Flyweight...also fought a few fighters in the game. Beat Michel Lamora. Fought at fly and BW.

Genyu Maeshiro - Strawweight...the 3rd in my series of lower ranked Japanese SW. Lost to Pretty Boy Lucas and Andy Tabanas. KO'd once in 23 career fights.

NOTES-

1) I don't have the career dates in the database...I don't use them...if you need them click on the boxrec link.

2) When the importer asks you to "Import Stats, Fighter record & history...Choose "NO". These fighters are active in my database so I'm sure you don't want my records

3) When you import the fighters there will be trainers and cutman assigned to each fighter. These are not historically accurate. I randomly assign them to each fighter. Just change them to who you want.

feedback appreciated.

Rasmuth
Attached Files
File Type: zip ras1.zip (18.4 KB, 179 views)
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:55 PM   #2
Lee
Global Moderator

This is awesome......how about a few of those old time heavyweights Cap?
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:41 AM   #3
crusadecat
All Star Reserve

worked great for me and thanks. I'd love some of caps old time heavyweights too.
crusadecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 02:06 PM   #4
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

I'll be posting more soon...hard between work and the family. My fighters are all over the division map as I'm adding fighter for the IPBA so what you'll see is a conglomerate of all divisions.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:09 AM   #5
vistaman44
Hall Of Famer

Rasmuth;
I'll post a few from my 1940s universe sometime soon, too.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters, compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, philosopher and poet (1803-1882)

-----------------------------------
Currently operating 1970s SM-HW, 1940s, African, 1980s LW and women's boxing universes
vistaman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 12:56 PM   #6
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I've asked around, and none of them are interested in risking the jump through cyberspace. Can't say I blame them.

Cap
Old 02-01-2004, 01:48 PM   #7
vistaman44
Hall Of Famer

Just call you Cap Seinfeld ... LOL!

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters, compared to what lies within us."

Currently operating 1970s SM-HW, 1940s, African, 1980s LW and women's boxing universes
Old 02-04-2004, 01:26 PM   #8
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

Here is 15 more fighters to add to the game:

1) Larry Buck - LHW
fought 3 fighters in the games compiling a record of 0-3-2. Overall he was 25-5-4 with 20 KO's.

2) Don Addison - LHW
fought 4 fighters in the games with a record of 0-6-0. Overall he was 14-11-2 with 5 KO's

3) Ray Actis - LHW
fought 2 fighters in the game with a record of 0-2-0. Overall he was 20-8-1 with 16 KO's. He beat mostly inexperienced fighters. Was overwhelmed by Billy Conn (KO-8) and lost by decision to Gus Lesnevich/

4) Clarence "Tiger" Floyd - LHW
fought 4 fighters in the game compiling an 0-4-0 record. Overall he was 11-13-0 with 2 KO's.

5) Stan Cullis - LHW
fought 2 fighters in game with a 0-3-0 record all KO or TKO losses. Overall 18-12-1 with 9 KO's.

6) Valerio Nati - FW
Decent fighter who fought 3 fighters in game to a 0-3-0 record. Overall he was 46-5-4 with 28 KO's. Only knocked out or TKO'ed 3 times in 55 fights.

7) Curtis Isaac - HW
fought 3 fighters in game...including losses to Pinklon Thomas and Michael Dokes. Overall he was 12-8-0 but only beat rookie fighter. Only suffered 1 TKO and 0 KO's in career.

8) Sandy McPherson - HW
fought 7 fighters in game to a 0-10-1 record. Overall he was 19-28-4. His losses included Zora Folley, Nino Valdes and a 0-4-1 record versus Gene "Tiger" Jones.

9) Edel Geronimo - JBW
fought 5 fighters in game to a 0-5-0 record. Overall he was 10-12-2 with 5 KO's.

10) Rafael Granillo - JBW
Lost to 2 fighters in game...Mark Johnson by 5 rd. KO and Johnny Tapia by 9th rd. TKO. Overall he was 16-8-0 but beat mostly bad record or no record fighters.

11) Andre "Big Daddy" McCall - CW
Lost to Bert Cooper, Dwight Qawi and Nate Miller. Never beat anyone significant. Overall his record was 14-7-1.

12) Gary Bell - HW
Lost to David Tual but beat Jameel McCline (but it was only McClines 2nd career fight). Overall he was 22-3-0 with 15 KO's.

13) Robert Anderson - FW
fought 4 fighters in game to a 0-3-1 record. Draw game with Nickey Perez at the end of Perez's career. Overall he was 24-9-3 with 6 KO's.

14) Leslie "Wildcat" Carter - FW
Fought 3 fighters in game to a 1-7-3 record. Decent fighter who compiled a career record of 76-38-15 with 38 KO's. Was 1-5-2 against Dock Snell. Most were 6 rd. bouts. Was TKO'd by Freddie Steele in the 5th. Only 9 KO or TKO losses in 129 bouts.

15) Neville Meade - HW
lost to Kallie Knoetze by KO in 4 and also lost to Jean Pierre Coopman by 10 rd. decision. Overall he was 20-13-1 with 18 KO's. He beat and mostly KO'd very low-talented fighters. 9 of his 13 losses were by TKO or KO.

NOTES-

1) I don't have the career dates in the database...I don't use them...if you need them click on the boxrec link.

2) When the importer asks you to "Import Stats, Fighter record & history...Choose "NO". These fighters are active in my database so I'm sure you don't want my records

3) When you import the fighters there will be trainers and cutman assigned to each fighter. These are not historically accurate. I randomly assign them to each fighter. Just change them to who you want.

***This is split into 2 zips...one here and one in next post***

Enjoy!

Ras
Attached Files
File Type: zip rasmuth.zip (48.4 KB, 152 views)
Old 02-04-2004, 01:28 PM   #9
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

and the 2nd zip file

Ras
Attached Files
File Type: zip rasmuth1.zip (55.8 KB, 144 views)
Old 02-04-2004, 01:43 PM   #10
vistaman44
Hall Of Famer

Awesome post(s). Thanks, Rasmuth!

Old 02-04-2004, 02:05 PM   #11
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Man! You guys make me feel bad for the one or two I can get made and tested here or there!

Great addition to the game Rasmuth!

Rocco
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 06:50 PM   #12
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

Don't feel bad Rocco...your contributions are greatly appreciated...these 15 fighters are fighters I've created since I got the game...just finally bundled them together...but...I do have more on the way.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:01 PM   #13
vistaman44
Hall Of Famer

Cool Six Dutchmen

Here is the first installment of a project I had on the back burner to add some fighters from The Netherlands to the game (anyone want to guess my ethnicity on my mother's side?). The only ones I've seen in TBCB are Rudi Lubbers, Alex Blanchard, Wim Snoek and Rudi Koopmans, but there have been a few others who at least stood out in Europe, if not on the world stage.

Enclosed in this zip are my versions of heavyweight Hennie Thoonen, light-heavy Willi Schagen, middleweights Luc Van Dam, Leen Sanders and Jan De Bruin; plus David Myers' rating of world class welterweight contender Bep Van Klaveren from 1929-1952.

Last edited by vistaman44; 02-22-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:06 PM   #14
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Talking about rating fighters. I came across two guys who someone might like to rate and include in their game. Both heavies. Joe Maye was active between 1974 and 1978 (don't know when he finally quit). He fought 28 times and amassed an unenviable record of 2 wins 1 draw and 25 losses, 5 by knockout.

The other one was Charles "The Emperor" Harris. According to my record book, he fought from 1967 to 1978 and ended up with a record of 10 wins 1 draw and 25 losses, 16 by KO.

I think you can safely classify these guys as professional opponents. Hard way to make a living. Likely had part time jobs besides and just loved the ring.

Cap
Old 02-06-2004, 11:50 PM   #15
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

OK...everybody...here's 10 more fighters to add. Most again are lower ranked fighters...nice to put in your active universes so there are fighters to beat. In my mind...theres nothing more frustrating than having a universe of Great fighters...then you see fighters like Lennox Lewis with a 15-5 record or stuff similar. Thats why I add these types of fighters...and theres ton's of them.

1) Brian Morgan - HW - not much competition here. Perfect for padding records. He lost to David Izon, Earnie Shavers at the end of Shavers career, Lou Savarese and Vaughn Bean. His overall record was 4-26-1 with 1 KO.

2) Shelton Bell - LHW - fought 4 fighters in the game with a record of 0-5-0. Was knocked out by Ezzard Charles and lost my points to Joey Maxim. KO'd by Billy Fox and twice by Nick Barone. His overall record was 10-12-1 with 6 KO's.

3) Paco Bueno - LHW - Was KO'd by Freddie Mills in the 2nd round. OK fighter who beat some decent competition...but not people in the game. Overall his record was 27-8-0 with 11 KO's.

4) Joel Nice - JBW - Philippino fighter who lost to 2 fighters in the game and compiled a record of 12-29-5 with 3 KO's.

5) Kenji One - SW - Lost to Hiroki Ioka and Samuth Sithnaruepol. He beat Francisco Montiel by points in 10 rounds. Overall he was 17-11-4 with 11 KO's.

6) Ted Hamilton - LHW - Perhaps the worst fighter in history? Easily the worst I've ever rated...actually in was harder than it looked...he fought 31 times compiling a record of 1-30-0 with 0 KO's!!! He was knocked out 28 times! If this guy wins a fight it will have to be by DQ. If he wins any other way...its a miracle.

7) Freddie Blades - LHW - Fought 3 fighters in the game losing all 3 fights. His overall record was 15-7-1 with 5 KO's.

8) Fernando Cabanella - BW - This guy was tough to rate. His record at Boxrec must be incomplete as his career showed a 14-13-2 record with 4 KO's. But he fought some great competition. He fought 11 fighters in the game. He was only knocked out once in his career via TKO...thats it. He lost to Carlos Zarate by 3rd Rd. tko, Ruben Olivares by pts. in 10 and quite a few others ranging from BW, Fly and JLW. He beat Rolando Navarrete by points in 12 rounds. He also beat Berkrerk Chartvanchai by KO in 5, beat Lorenzo Gutierrez in 12 on points and beat Fermin Gomez by points in 12 also. He was 4-7 in his fights against fighters in the game. He ends up rating an 8 overall which seems to be right. His great chin accounts for this. His control factors are lowered to keep him alive in fights but lose many of them. I playtested over 4000 fights with this guy. I'm satisfied with the results.

9) Jovy Chan - BW - fought 3 fighters in the game losing all 3. His overall record was 18-19-2 with 11 KO's.

10) Ady Lewis - BW - fought 4 fighters in the game with a 1-3 record. He beat Peter Culshaw with an 8th rd. TKO. Overall his record was 19-5-1 with 12 KO's. Decent fighter.

NOTES-

Enjoy!

Ras
Attached Files
File Type: zip ras2.zip (72.4 KB, 157 views)
Old 02-07-2004, 12:16 AM   #16
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Gary Bell

Quote:
Originally posted by vistaman44
Awesome post(s). Thanks, Rasmuth!
The Gary Bell ratings I will have interest in. He was in prison twice and I can across him there along with David Telesco. I wasn't in prison, I worked there.

Gary Bell had nice inside slugging ability but had no chin at all.

MJ
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:38 AM   #17
vistaman44
Hall Of Famer

Unhappy What a tough life!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap
Talking about rating fighters. I came across two guys who someone might like to rate and include in their game. Both heavies. Joe Maye was active between 1974 and 1978 (don't know when he finally quit). He fought 28 times and amassed an unenviable record of 2 wins 1 draw and 25 losses, 5 by knockout.

The other one was Charles "The Emperor" Harris. According to my record book, he fought from 1967 to 1978 and ended up with a record of 10 wins 1 draw and 25 losses, 16 by KO.

I think you can safely classify these guys as professional opponents. Hard way to make a living. Likely had part time jobs besides and just loved the ring.

Cap
Boy, that's right on. "What a way to make a living, there's no getting back, it's all taking (punishment) and no giving!"

That's undoubtedly the first time Dolly Parton has been quoted on this board!

Old 02-07-2004, 11:35 AM   #18
Lee
Global Moderator

Here are 2 opponents from my HBA League

PO "Nutty" Curran 14-24-1 (10) Decent puncher, not much else, beat Moir, lost to Langford, Rodel, and Savage.

Jack Scales 8-14-1 (3) Big achievement was winning 2 of 5 from Jewey Smith Lost to Jeannette and McVey among others.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hba1.zip (26.0 KB, 144 views)
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:02 PM   #19
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

IceTea....I have Bell a 5 slugging rating which is decent...his chin vs. KD is a 6 which isn't good. But his chin vs KO is a 1. These numbers bore out pretty good results in playtesting...hope you enjoy using him.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:50 PM   #20
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Rodel?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Here are 2 opponents from my HBA League

PO "Nutty" Curran 14-24-1 (10) Decent puncher, not much else, beat Moir, lost to Langford, Rodel, and Savage.

Jack Scales 8-14-1 (3) Big achievement was winning 2 of 5 from Jewey Smith Lost to Jeannette and McVey among others.
Is there an "official" rating for Rodel, or does someone have a "homemade" version?

I'm trying to get all the "White Hopes" and "No Hopes" together!
RANGER11JP is offline   Reply With Quote