Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 12-19-2001, 09:47 PM   #1
mtw
All Star Reserve

Post Disappearing players

Haven't been to this forum for a while, and can't seem to find the old threads in which I believe this problem was addressed:

My league is now having the "disappearing player" bug. The one where the computer team releases a player to the free agent pool. Only the player doesn't make it to the pool. He instead is lost in the OOTP3 universe, able to be contacted by a "player search" in League setup and Player Trade, but otherwise not able to be found.

How do I solve and get these poor guys back?
Old 12-20-2001, 03:27 PM   #2
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

[quote]Originally posted by mtw:
<strong>Haven't been to this forum for a while, and can't seem to find the old threads in which I believe this problem was addressed:

My league is now having the "disappearing player" bug. The one where the computer team releases a player to the free agent pool. Only the player doesn't make it to the pool. He instead is lost in the OOTP3 universe, able to be contacted by a "player search" in League setup and Player Trade, but otherwise not able to be found.

How do I solve and get these poor guys back?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've only seen this twice, once as a result of releasing duplicate players from the minor leagues, and another time releasing players during a certain period of the offseason. I think that offseason period was either right after "Proceed To Next Year" or right before the Amateur Draft. We were trying to add an extra 3-round player draft to build up teams minor league rosters after the first year of a 40 round initial draft. We created some new fake teams and released the players to draft but they dissapeared. Do either of this possibilities apply to your situation? If it's the offseason then it's just a temporary problem so I hope thats the case.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 05:27 PM   #3
mtw
All Star Reserve

[quote]Originally posted by Killebrew:
<strong>

Do either of this possibilities apply to your situation? </strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm not sure; my problem occurs during the season when the computer controlled teams begin releasing veteran players from their minor league systems the first Monday in June, and each succeeding Monday throughout the year. A player is released and often now will not make it to the free agent pool, but is somewhere in limbo. He can be found by a "Search" but is otherwise not on any roster or in the free agent pool, or the retired roster. So far, this seems to have happened only to players who have not played a single major league game, and for whatever reason, most often to catchers. (I performed a search for a recently disappeared catcher, and the search turned up players who disappeared 2-3 seasons ag, 11 players overall. 10 of those were catchers).

It seems that these players are permanently frozen in time; they never age and they never die (like vampires). I made one of these guys injured to see if there was any time progression, but the days injured hasn't changed. And the computer keeps all of these players somewhere unknown.

I think your situations may have had different timing, but may well be the same problem.

Anyway, any additional help would be appreciated, before players who do matter in my league disappear.