Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #81
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Beach Freaks came back to reality after a hot April start.
Just Freaks. Virginia Beach is the city, Freaks is the nickname.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:09 AM   #82
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
My own Base Stealers are 10 games behind in the division but just 3 games away from the second wild card spot. The team has a L10 of 9-1 and doubled its win percentage compared to April.
The Base Stealers will be right in the middle of it all (if not at the top of it) when this week is over. They've already started climbing out of the worst start of the season on the road I've seen so far (0-18). I mean, 0 and fricking 18 right out of the gate on the road, was amazing to keep track of and watch. Kudos to the Base Stealers for climbing out of that black hole.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:40 AM   #83
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Breakers checking in. Very interesting season thus far so folks have pointed out. I've struggled to just to play .500 ball the bast couple of weeks with first an inept bullpen, and then a pitching staff that couldn't get it together no matter who I subbed in. Very lucky this week that the same roster is all of a sudden clicking... I don't think it will last at this pace but I'm enjoying the ride.
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:44 AM   #84
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpk23 View Post
The Wilmington Blue Rocks are experiencing a World Series Hangover (especially Roy Halladay). How long will this last??? Nobody knows.
What a solid division! Last place team is at .500 and defending champs and all teams within 5.5 of each other. Look forward to watching this play out this week!
Old 03-06-2019, 09:50 AM   #85
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

I see Nap Lajoie from the Magpies is at a 24 current game hit streak. Not to jinx him, but that's an impressive run in this league. So many good pitchers every single day that we don't get many 20+ streaks. He's definitely sparked the Magpie Comeback. Well done!
Old 03-06-2019, 09:56 AM   #86
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
The Base Stealers will be right in the middle of it all (if not at the top of it) when this week is over. They've already started climbing out of the worst start of the season on the road I've seen so far (0-18). I mean, 0 and fricking 18 right out of the gate on the road, was amazing to keep track of and watch. Kudos to the Base Stealers for climbing out of that black hole.
Agreed. They are far too good to stay cold and are always in the play-offs-just like the Zorros! No lead is safe in the NC Central...
Old 03-06-2019, 10:04 AM   #87
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok...time to take a look around the league.

AC West Division:
The Angry Dragons are indeed angry and have taken a commanding lead (32-22) and are 4 games ahead of the Sea Wolves and 6 ahead of the Alchemists.
I expect the Fighting Saints to start their comeback tomorrow. They are usually a .500 or better team.
Blue Claws fell back and are 13 games behind the division leader.

AC Central:
Perugia Warriors stuck to their investments and it is starting to pay off.
98Curt Schilling is leading the league with a 2.4 WAR. Gagne is tied for #1 with 15 SAVES.
Magpies are starting to turn things around. From a .390 April to .615 May. Don't ever count them out.
Still 4 days left to reach the top of the division or take a commanding wild card spot.
Beach Freaks came back to reality after a hot April start.
Sadly, Gryphons Red and Carnavals fell back a lot in the division. Good luck.

AC East Division:
Base Thieves changed positions with Gryphons Blue and Titans and are holding on to a narrow 2 game lead.
I suspect this division will look very different 4 days from now. In last spot at 28-28 our defending champion Wilmington Blue Rocks, who are just 5.5 games behind.
I am sure we will all continue to trade positions in that division and send 2 teams to the playoffs.

AC Wild Card:
At this point we have 8 teams, who are within 2 games of each other. Nothing has been decided.

NC West:
Orcin and his Colonels are off to a great start and are in the top spot with a comfortable 5 game lead.
Gryphons Gold, Humbold and Chargers will have to catch up soon.
Sadly, the Silver Pirates are stuck in a relegation fight. Currently 7 games behind the "you are SAFE" spot in the league.

NC Central: This could be another division that has a chance to send 3 teams to the playoffs. IB Breakers hold the best record in the league: 38-17 (Well done).
Bob's Burgers are 5 games behind and Zorro is 7 games behind (but tied for the second wild card spot).This will be interesting to watch.
My own Base Stealers are 10 games behind in the division but just 3 games away from the second wild card spot.
The team has a L10 of 9-1 and doubled its win percentage compared to April.
Good luck to the Long Island Ballbusters who ended up in the worst possible division.

NC East:
Snow Birds and London 'invaders' hold the two top spots at 32-22 and 30-23.
If all goes according to plan, there is a chance an invader team may not make the playoffs. Good luck to the Snowbirds, Latveria and Asheville teams. Don't let them take the division.

NC Wild Card:
The Wild card race is still wide open and any of the 8-9 teams can make a run at it.
However, I fear the NC Central will try to send 3 teams to the playoffs and lock down the wild card spots tomorrow (Bob, Zorro, Stealers).
Good luck to everyone over the next 4 days.

Once again, a great league with lots of drama and great competition.
I have been told it is the equivalent of the "housewives show" but for guys.

The diamong league has some known faces in the top spots that may be back for next week
Bridgeport Whalebacks (AC West)
Bellevue Knuckleballers (AC Central)
Guadalajara Killer Rabbits (AC East)
Switzerland Matterhorns & Selinsgrove Seals (Wild card)
Woodinville IronMen (NC West)
Toronto Developers (NC Central)
New York City Subway Rats (NC East)
Kenner Valkyrie, Keystone Perfectos, and Chasapeake Clippers (Wild card)

Once again, dad has been convinced to participate in a bet with his kids.
A new pitcher of choice for a league title (Woodinville IronMen or Bellevue Knuckleballers).

I don't get to follow the Diamond league as closely but the Tattered Gloves are almost 10 games back and closer to the bottom than I expected.
It looks like the competition is starting to get a lot tougher in Diamond as well.
Wow what a wonderful Summation of our League. Great job my friend.😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:22 AM   #88
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moalkha View Post
This league keeps you on the ropes until the very end, with great battles everywhere.

We have a good lead in the division but we have been extremely lucky (9-1 in one run games, 3-0 in extra innings games and +5 Pyt), and that can change anytime.

I expected pitching to carry the team this season, but so far it has been the bats, especially Bonds who is in the middle of a monster year.

After a slow start the Magpies are now playing very well and are a very dangerous team than can't be counted off, even 8 games back.

Good luck everyone going forward.
I am not surprised, You have put together a very good team and now with Schilling I put you up there as one of the favorites in the whole league. I would trade you half my team for Schilling. I can replace my other players easily or mix and match them but that Schilling card is one of two (To me) that makes a team an instant contender my friend. Great job building your team.😁
Old 03-06-2019, 12:26 PM   #89
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

If you notice that I do not rant or rave on a losing streak or are doing different things if you watch the game that is because I am trying a whole lot of individual strategy for each and every player. Also My lineups might seem odd to you at times but if you are the type to watch all the games you will notice things and understand why. I have been waiting to try a ton of things but this League never let me get 20 games ahead so I could so now with just 2 weeks left before the new edition comes out I got to do it now. So this might break my playoff streak but it is more important to me to understand each and every little new ounce (Spelling?) that the game has to offer before we start on 20 because just learning the players in 20 will be new and time consuming. I have not really got to try anything new or experiment like I use to because this league kept me in check just to make the damn playoffs lol but with 20 coming I need to improve on my knowledge of individual strategy to make my game stronger for the upcoming new edition. When I got hurt a couple weeks back my friends chipped in at the bar and I got a ton of money to use forbplayers in the next edition. Now I just want to find out the best way to utilize them. Remember I am not smart enough to make spread sheets like the very smart people in these leagues so being the dummy I am but still wanting to win I have to do it the hard way. So anyway another long post by me that I could have probably said the same thing in two lines instead of rambling on like I do. Just wanted to let you know that Zorro is fine if you see him losing and not screaming and whining and crying about it. Lol..😁
Old 03-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #90
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

P.s. I also always use the 7 day line ups so has anyone heard if they were going to extend it in the 20 Edition? I always found it to short because when I go to bed there might be 10 games left and I can only micro manage 7. I was wondering if anyone heard if they planned on extending it to 20 games or so. Thank you in advance for any info you might have heard . It is not that important but I found out the hard way that every game counts. 😁
Old 03-06-2019, 12:50 PM   #91
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

So... in the AC East we have the last place team sitting at .500 and within a couple games of the WC spot. This is a tough division for SURE.

In the NC West, we have one team with a better than .500 record... and it's a GM who swore he's hands off this week and not over managing, and now he's having a career best year at 16 games over .500.

Things that make you go HMMMMM. Orcin, if this whole Louisville thing doesn't work out I have a manager (or un-manager?) position available for you for any one of my teams... let's talk.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:00 PM   #92
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
So... in the AC East we have the last place team sitting at .500 and within a couple games of the WC spot. This is a tough division for SURE.

In the NC West, we have one team with a better than .500 record... and it's a GM who swore he's hands off this week and not over managing, and now he's having a career best year at 16 games over .500.

Things that make you go HMMMMM. Orcin, if this whole Louisville thing doesn't work out I have a manager (or un-manager?) position available for you for any one of my teams... let's talk.
Yep. Just check my stats if you don't believe me. Most of the team has played every game that they were rested. Managing is WAY overrated.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:17 PM   #93
max venerabel
Minors (Double A)

Funny year here for the Alchemists. Generally, lot of "up" years for my team. My defense has been better than any season so far in the False Whales league, pen has overall been a strength, but my closer Mariano Rivera has been terrible, 2-7 on the season, leading to a meh record despite pretty good run differential.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #94
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I cant wait for 20 to come out. How cool would it be to have Perfect Pedro and Schilling on your rotation for a whole year. It would suck if they did not go on the market place until late like they did this edition. 😞
Old 03-06-2019, 03:16 PM   #95
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Wow, I just finished a series with the Ahwatukee Snowbirds and they had the best defensive outfield I have ever played against in the 13 or 14 seasons I have watched. I was robbed probably 8 times in my three game series with them. Nothing is worse then having the bases loaded and two outs and you hit a liner in the gap just to be somehow caught. They did this time and time again. I watch my games and that was the greatest 3 game series I have ever seen a outfield have. It must be wonderful to get to watch them all season long. GREAT JOB on figuring out that combination and then making it happen. I really respect seeing some of the genius moves some of you Managers make. Just marvelous my friend.😁
Old 03-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #96
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

For those who are not following along, we now have a full waiting list for next week and are sure to have a fully-compliant league if everyone gets their settings and lists updated. We will lose four from this league and gain two from Diamond 379, hopefully both of these from our group, leaving two open spots in perfect. We have three diamond teams in other leagues and two perfect teams in other leagues queued up for those spots. The diamond teams have first priority in order of signup, if they get promoted.

We have two more weeks before OOTP20 is released, and it not too soon to discuss what happens then. I know that we are not going to have the same enthusiasm for updating lists and managing this process after the new game is released. It is still very much worth the effort for me until then, but I will be focusing on my new team in XX and I know that I will not be checking this one as often. I have been thinking about an alternative for this league, and I have a suggestion for your thoughts and discussion.

The real fun of this league has been the friendly competition, common interest in the mechanics of the game, and of course the forum discussion. So I suggest we drop the cap (in two weeks) and instead try to make this a friend's league. We settle on 30 teams (can actually be 31) that want to stay together with open anything-goes rosters, and we stop updating lists. We can create a new forum thread for the "former mini-whale league" and just post there until the arrangement falls apart or the 19 version of the game reaches its final end.

Some of the teams will be relegated but so what. Maybe they will come back... maybe they will be replaced with interesting competitors. We just leave our lists as is. If you decide you want out, you can just change your league placement setting to random and say your fond farewell in the thread. No hard feelings, no harm done.

The value of my whole team fits under the cap so I won't be scaring anyone, but it might be fun to see how long I could last and I would rather lose to you guys than a random whale. So the idea of competing with you without a cap is fine for me. I think the auction values will decline soon and we will probably all be able to expand our current rosters over the summer just with earned points.

What do you think? I am open to other ideas if you have been pondering this too.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #97
Frithy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I think that sounds like a good idea, Orcin.

I, like you , will be focused on XX when it comes out, taking everything I've learned in 19- especially being in this league- and making a go of it with my 3 teams again.
Frithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #98
Nyflamingos
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
For those who are not following along, we now have a full waiting list for next week and are sure to have a fully-compliant league if everyone gets their settings and lists updated. We will lose four from this league and gain two from Diamond 379, hopefully both of these from our group, leaving two open spots in perfect. We have three diamond teams in other leagues and two perfect teams in other leagues queued up for those spots. The diamond teams have first priority in order of signup, if they get promoted.

We have two more weeks before OOTP20 is released, and it not too soon to discuss what happens then. I know that we are not going to have the same enthusiasm for updating lists and managing this process after the new game is released. It is still very much worth the effort for me until then, but I will be focusing on my new team in XX and I know that I will not be checking this one as often. I have been thinking about an alternative for this league, and I have a suggestion for your thoughts and discussion.

The real fun of this league has been the friendly competition, common interest in the mechanics of the game, and of course the forum discussion. So I suggest we drop the cap (in two weeks) and instead try to make this a friend's league. We settle on 30 teams (can actually be 31) that want to stay together with open anything-goes rosters, and we stop updating lists. We can create a new forum thread for the "former mini-whale league" and just post there until the arrangement falls apart or the 19 version of the game reaches its final end.

Some of the teams will be relegated but so what. Maybe they will come back... maybe they will be replaced with interesting competitors. We just leave our lists as is. If you decide you want out, you can just change your league placement setting to random and say your fond farewell in the thread. No hard feelings, no harm done.

The value of my whole team fits under the cap so I won't be scaring anyone, but it might be fun to see how long I could last and I would rather lose to you guys than a random whale. So the idea of competing with you without a cap is fine for me. I think the auction values will decline soon and we will probably all be able to expand our current rosters over the summer just with earned points.

What do you think? I am open to other ideas if you have been pondering this too.

I would imagine that most people would not want it uncapped. I think if you uncap it ... it benefits the teams that are already doing well. Though if many are going to become inactive that might just be the natural course as people slip into the league. Without everyone constantly updating friends list each week more and more people who arent restrained by the same rules will be in the league. Who will for the sake of argument have an advantage even though just because one team has 70 points and another has 50 does not mean its better.

Personally, I am fine with uncapped. I was actually thinking about this more and more as I keep picking up pieces. I only had 1 season in perfect before here. So, being uncapped and seeing what my team can do when I just go full throttle is something that im interested to see.

I am fine with whatever people want to do. I just dont want people to feel obligated into being uncapped. Keep in mind it sounds like Orcin is moving towards 20, someone else can always step up and keep a similar league going with those who are going to keep up with 19 and or 20.
Nyflamingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:35 PM   #99
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyflamingos View Post
I would imagine that most people would not want it uncapped. I think if you uncap it ... it benefits the teams that are already doing well. Though if many are going to become inactive that might just be the natural course as people slip into the league. Without everyone constantly updating friends list each week more and more people who arent restrained by the same rules will be in the league. Who will for the sake of argument have an advantage even though just because one team has 70 points and another has 50 does not mean its better.

Personally, I am fine with uncapped. I was actually thinking about this more and more as I keep picking up pieces. I only had 1 season in perfect before here. So, being uncapped and seeing what my team can do when I just go full throttle is something that im interested to see.

I am fine with whatever people want to do. I just dont want people to feel obligated into being uncapped. Keep in mind it sounds like Orcin is moving towards 20, someone else can always step up and keep a similar league going with those who are going to keep up with 19 and or 20.
I'll guess that the people who can benefit from it being uncapped will want it uncapped and the people who would get pounded from it being uncapped will want it to remain capped.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #100
Nyflamingos
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
I'll guess that the people who can benefit from it being uncapped will want it uncapped and the people who would get pounded from it being uncapped will want it to remain capped.

I can not speak for others. But being uncapped is not about getting an advantage. Am I competitive? Do I like to win? Of course. However, uncap for me ... I just want to see what my team can do. I have never seen my offense with the full support of my pitching.

At the same time I am fine with the cap. It creates an interesting dynamic where one must carefully construct their roster. If I felt compelled to where this wasnt the case. I would simply just leave.

So, for me .. its not about the advantage . Its about forming a team and getting the precise pieces in place and just seeing what you can create. So when those pieces are on your bench its compelling to say the least..

Like I said .. I dont want people to feel obligated into uncap. Obviously, everyone joined the league because they liked the concept of capping ... and somewhat leveling the playingfield
Nyflamingos is offline   Reply With Quote