Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-24-2019, 03:26 PM   #141
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, the current system will still throw a starter in an elimination game if they think they're better than bullpen options. That will be fixed in 20

Nice to know that will be changed, but I don't see how Carpenter was considered better than Nen or Rivera. He was brought in to face a LHB initially.
Attached Images
Old 02-24-2019, 03:26 PM   #142
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Congratulations to Renton and good luck to the final four!
It won't help feeling bad about the loss....but it is his birthday...you made his day with the 5 game series.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:26 PM   #143
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Congrats on the series win. Another fun fact in that big 16-11 loss - Ozzie Smith stole home for me! I mean, I don't know if i would have sent in with 2 outs in the 8th down 16-7, but hey, I'll take the points...
Thanks. Wasn't expecting that after the way our team finished. And never saw a SB of home in the game before - doesn't really make sense though in that scenario.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:30 PM   #144
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
It won't help feeling bad about the loss....but it is his birthday...you made his day with the 5 game series.

Actually, that does help. I can be happy for him now.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:35 PM   #145
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh2018 View Post
Thanks. Wasn't expecting that after the way our team finished. And never saw a SB of home in the game before - doesn't really make sense though in that scenario.
I mean, in real life maybe he just caught you off-guard and went for it.

I will have to talk to Markus though to fix the payout for next year, since just a bronze achievement and 200 PP just seems like way too little.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:37 PM   #146
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Kids took over management of the Knuckleballers. It was initially their mom's team since she told us she could easily beat us with a team of people she has met or that come to her work.

But the kids usually help with the management aspect. Mom just gets to show off when she beats us and tells us "told you so...".

Renton Warriors is the 9 year old...who is turning 10 today.

We will be out all day so hopefully his pre-set settings will take him to the finals, which should be late enough for us to be back.

Unfortunately, one of us won't make it to Perfect league.
They've gone a nice job with the Knuckleballers. It's definitely a tough road to perfect now, it's a high bar to make it to the World Series. It is disappointing only one of us will make it to Perfect.

What a nice present on their birthday to win the league or reach perfect again. An exciting day all around. My only championship came when I was away for all of the playoffs. Sometimes that's easier, or at least less stressful!
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:21 PM   #147
joehart
All Star Starter

I am glad you are back to Perfect....I had some good competitive series with you before.

Hope we will get a Warriors-Titans match in the finals. I may need to put on the "300 Spartans" movie in the background to match the logo theme.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:36 PM   #148
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am glad you are back to Perfect....I had some good competitive series with you before.

Hope we will get a Warriors-Titans match in the finals. I may need to put on the "300 Spartans" movie in the background to match the logo theme.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. Really enjoyed both leagues, seems like a good group in both.

I was scared of the Knuckleballers, I was still scarred by April.

Good call on "300 Spartans". That would be a fun series. Of course their series will go seven. Doesn't look like Dierker did the pen any favors only lasting two innings.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:31 PM   #149
joehart
All Star Starter

Looks like kiddo won 3 and then lost 4 games in a row. No Warriors in the finals.

This game is getting expensive...every time the kids lose, they abuse the ink cartridge with lots of new strategy printouts based on all the other teams.
Good luck and see you all next week for more fun.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:39 PM   #150
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Looks like kiddo won 3 and then lost 4 games in a row. No Warriors in the finals.

This game is getting expensive...every time the kids lose, they abuse the ink cartridge with lots of new strategy printouts based on all the other teams.
That's bad when the price of ink is more than the price of PP. I love that they do that though.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:46 PM   #151
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

When I saw my Davidsons down 3-0, I was happy that the kiddo would be moving onto the finals. Can't believe that comeback happened. Great series and competition all year, finally figured out how to beat the Warriors.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:12 PM   #152
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Just added a last minute member (bluecard) to the diamond list. Please friend him up if you see this before logging off tonight. Thanks!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:34 PM   #153
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

And one more last minute member... that will fill us up in both levels if it works. Please update if you can, and be sure that Matt2 is NOT on your lists. I pulled him to add the new member (which is ok with Matt).
Old 02-24-2019, 10:37 PM   #154
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
And one more last minute member... that will fill us up in both levels if it works. Please update if you can, and be sure that Matt2 is NOT on your lists. I pulled him to add the new member (which is ok with Matt).
Just caught this update before logging out, so please no more changes to my teams' statuses
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:41 PM   #155
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just caught this update before logging out, so please no more changes to my teams' statuses
No more changes tonight!!! I promise.

I owe you one or twenty.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:36 AM   #156
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

So for those of us that couldn’t stay up and had to work early today... who’s our champ???
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:09 AM   #157
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
So for those of us that couldn’t stay up and had to work early today... who’s our champ???
I'm wondering that myself. Had an early meeting so went to bed early when it was tired 1-1.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:12 PM   #158
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Daytona won 4 games to 3. Congrats on the title and both promotions!
Old 02-25-2019, 03:16 PM   #159
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Wow great playoffs right down to the finals. Great job fellas! Congrats to both and see you in perfect!!
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote