Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-18-2019, 11:40 PM   #21
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
I'm surrounded by animals this year - I've got Flying Squirrels, Gutter Cats, Lynx, and also a Lynch Mob. I think I should be the one nervous!
Those squirrels can be very intimidated animals. Just provide some coffee and watch out!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:29 AM   #22
old timer
Hall Of Famer

It's always hard to tell when we (the Clippers) start poorly, if it's because everyone else is better this season or if we're just in a slump (12-15). Hopefully it's the latter.

It's great to see so many checking in already. Should be a fun season again.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:35 AM   #23
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_L View Post
Old Timer, are you ready to throw a bunch of one run games to the Corsairs again? Glad to see we are in same division!
Good luck to everyone!

Considering how neither of our teams is pitching so well, it might be 10-9 scores instead of scores like 2-1 like we had in the past. As to being glad we're in the same division... Considering how your team usually beat mine, I'm not sure I'm so happy about this.

Speaking of close games, my Clippers and the Gryphons Red haven't had a game decided by more than 2 runs in quite a while. But they did get some revenge on us in our only 3 meetings for the regular season, winning 2-1.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:41 AM   #24
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm surrounded by animals this year - I've got Flying Squirrels, Gutter Cats, Lynx, and also a Lynch Mob. I think I should be the one nervous!

Besides the Perfectos, the AC East division has T-44's, Bombers and Corsairs. I think that my Clippers (as in clipper ships) should be the ones who are nervous. I have this sinking feeling we're going to be destroyed this year.

Last edited by old timer; 02-19-2019 at 03:42 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:32 AM   #25
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Smile

Thanks Joe! Those are pretty much the steps I took. The logo always shows for me, but doesn’t show for other people. It always resets on Monday. I will try again when I get home from work. If it doesn’t work I will just roll with whatever logo it gives me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I tested your logo with the Knuckleballer team (you should see your logo in the standings). I saw it when I logged in via Knuckleballers and my sons Renton Warriors team.
Here are the steps that I took....

1. customize team design, then advanced settings.
2. loaded your logo as the Secondary logo (via select option).
3. clicked both
- "Update this team's pictures NOW"
- "Request picture update"

then clicked OK in bottom right corner and hit "submit team".
If you load your logos too close to the next simulation, things may go back to default. So give yourself time before next simulation kicks in.

After submit, I went to MAIN | OOTP start screen and logged off.
Then I logged back in.

The logo seems to show (I hope also on your end).
I can't test if it re-sets to something else but I will give it a try on Sunday->Monday.
ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:08 AM   #26
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Standings (Upload Test):

Edit - I tried uploading standings to see if it would work, and no problems when doing it.

gotta be something with my laptop/browser.... just tried a test upload (from work ) and it showed up as expected... not sure what changed with the pc settings at home... i'll have to poke around a bit
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:35 AM   #27
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

No worries. No need to spend anymore time on it. I will just roll with the generic logo. Good luck to everyone today.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:50 PM   #28
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

If someone can post a screenshot with standings this afternoon I would appreciate it.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #29
Wrigley4lab
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Name:  standings.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  203.4 KB

Wrigley4lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:36 PM   #30
old timer
Hall Of Famer

We briefly held 1st place - nice surprise. Now if our pitching will just start performing like they always have in the past, we can be competitive again this year.

Another standings update:
Attached Images
Old 02-19-2019, 06:02 PM   #31
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

I think the AC East will be a dog fight all year. Nobody wants to take control of the division. My pitching is horrible and I have several thousand in PP's, but any pitching upgrade will cost way more than that. May gamble ripping some packs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
We briefly held 1st place - nice surprise. Now if our pitching will just start performing like they always have in the past, we can be competitive again this year.

Another standings update:
Old 02-19-2019, 06:35 PM   #32
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

There are the .500 Bandits we know & love - I assume the guys were scared being in first place most of this month.

Our only recent upgrade was picking up Simmons and then accidentally demoting Suarez instead of Bogaerts - though that reminds me, why is Suarez on this team? So it's back to the AH we go.

Meanwhile, take a look at the Perfectos Trout winning the annual Trout-off - 3.2 WAR in mid-May! That's nearly a 12 WAR pace!
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:02 PM   #33
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

off to another "hot" start in May for my boys.... 7 game losing streak right now as we've become the foundation of the division (i.e. last place)... think I'll log out for a bit and ignore them, maybe they can win a game while I'm not looking

edit: it worked! Won the next game.... then lost the one after that... lol

I think I need to have a chat with the schedule maker.... when May is over, I will have faced Daytona 13 times already (22% of my games)... I guess on the plus side, I only have to face them 6 more times all season (since I'm currently 1-9 against them with another 3 game set on the road coming up)

Last edited by stl jason; 02-19-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:07 AM   #34
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I have a request. Could the rest of you please stop improving your teams for a few seasons so my Clippers can finally become good? Thanks for your cooperation.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:23 AM   #35
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitback View Post
No worries. No need to spend anymore time on it. I will just roll with the generic logo. Good luck to everyone today.
Sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with the logo.
I don't see anything wrong with the logo (150x150) and it loaded ok on my end.

I only tested it on the eSellerate version of OOTP but I will see if I get different results when I try it with the Steam or Origin version.

Having your own logo adds a nice dimension to the game.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:29 AM   #36
joehart
All Star Starter

Current standings. Looks like some of the top teams quickly put some distance between themselves and the rest of the teams in the wild card race.

Looks like the Knuckleballers got lucky. The NC Central Division has been very kind so far

Good luck to the Titans. You are missed in the Perfect league.
Attached Images
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:15 AM   #37
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Current standings. Looks like some of the top teams quickly put some distance between themselves and the rest of the teams in the wild card race.

Looks like the Knuckleballers got lucky. The NC Central Division has been very kind so far

Good luck to the Titans. You are missed in the Perfect league.
Thanks Joe. I miss things up in Perfect, although I've really been busy this week, so haven't been too active. I never have any playoff luck, so I'm going to settle in and get used to Diamond again. Last time it took me three shots at the playoffs before moving on, and I know that this league is tougher.

I tried to tone down my park a little this year to benefit my pitchers, and it's been mixed results. I'm pleased with my bullpen after blowing about 70 games last year, but my offense doesn't like my new park. Especially Rod Carew who won back to back batting titles, and is now taking a breather on the reserve roster after hitting .192.

It's odd we stopped on 5/31 and didn't sim the day.

Old Timer - I hope I'm not bringing you bad luck. We're finally in a league together and you're under .500. Right the ship and make it a race in the AC East!

Looks like close races all around as we head into summer, but both Centrals look to have the best battles.

Good luck all.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:28 AM   #38
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

yeah, noticed that yesterday... the sim had stopped with a game left at the end of April; and again there's still one game left in May this morning.... guess it will all catch up eventually

nabbed a new closer from the AH this morning (Wilcy Moore - 88), so hopefully I can stop blowing games in the final innings

nowhere to go but up (since I'm in the basement )
Old 02-20-2019, 08:29 AM   #39
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

I appreciate the help. I will try uninstalling the game and reinstalling when I get home tonight. I am 100 percent sure I am doing everything correctly as I followed your directions step by step. The logo always shows on my end and didn't know there was a problem until someone posted the standings. Please don't spend anymore time on it. Thanks again.

Quote:
Sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with the logo.
I don't see anything wrong with the logo (150x150) and it loaded ok on my end.

I only tested it on the eSellerate version of OOTP but I will see if I get different results when I try it with the Steam or Origin version.

Having your own logo adds a nice dimension to the game.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:42 AM   #40
atabakin
All Star Reserve

For some reason the sims started on March 30 this season instead of March 31. That threw everything off a day. It's still going till 1:00 AM ET as usual.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote