Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-04-2019, 06:57 PM   #21
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
Welcome everyone! Checking in from work, really looking forward to this week.

Hi! So we're in the same division this year. My pitching and defense has been my team's strength in previous seasons, but it's not looking good so far in this diamond league. Your team took 2 of 3 from mine (the Clippers) in our first meeting this season. Your guys weren't exactly impressed by my pitching, scoring 23 runs in 3 games (of course, we returned the favor and scored 24 runs against your team).

I'll be really surprised if we don't end up getting relegated (we're 6-8 so far). All of the teams in our division look stronger than mine. There's Matt's 2 teams (bummer having to play your own team so often) and then Dunzie's and ours. Should be fun even if my team gets clobbered a lot. Best of luck to you (and everyone who's not currently playing my team) this season!

Last edited by old timer; 02-04-2019 at 07:02 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:06 PM   #22
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I wish that it didn't so often happen that multiple players get tired at the same time. I assume this happens to everyone else? I end up with games where multiple subs have to play. I was lucky in my last game since my 3 subs went 9 for 11 and produced most of the runs.

Edit: Does a player being slightly tired have his performance affected? Or does he have to be tired or worse?

Last edited by old timer; 02-04-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:55 PM   #23
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I wish that it didn't so often happen that multiple players get tired at the same time. I assume this happens to everyone else? I end up with games where multiple subs have to play. I was lucky in my last game since my 3 subs went 9 for 11 and produced most of the runs.

Edit: Does a player being slightly tired have his performance affected? Or does he have to be tired or worse?
Well, tiredness is mostly a function of innings+ABs, so if you have the same guys playing against lefties and righties, then they'll tend to be tired together. I've taken to knowing that guys will be tired at some point, so adding in a sit every 10 or so I hope at least can at least shift guys to be tired at different times, especially if I have one sub that tries to backup 3 positions at the same time.

And slightly tired will affect their performance, slightly
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #24
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

My Daytona Davidsons are looking forward to this week as well.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:18 PM   #25
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Looks like the Bandits, at 9-11 so far, are playing about where I'd expect (hoping to finish above .500). Our pitching, long a strong point, has been dreadful in April, so I've every reason it should rebound.

For those interested in the "why" of the team, it's a F2P "whale" team (I pulled Chris Sale early and sold him, reinvesting in the AH). However, as I was doing this on a budget, I ended up being cookie-cutter on my way to Diamond (Grandal/Posey, JD&Dennis Martinez, Barker, Dierker, Osuna, they're all here). So I'm gradually transitioning to a theme team of 2-way players, but that's a) going to take forever, b) be very expensive, and c) not be enough to fill out a roster. So Indians or guys I liked when I was a kid will fill it out (doesn't hurt that means Dennis can stay).

Looks like our division is the Canadian division with two stateside interlopers too.

oldtimer, do you have a permanent stop sign on your guys? It looks like your team has about 10 career steals!
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:32 PM   #26
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
Looks like the Bandits, at 9-11 so far, are playing about where I'd expect (hoping to finish above .500). Our pitching, long a strong point, has been dreadful in April, so I've every reason it should rebound.

For those interested in the "why" of the team, it's a F2P "whale" team (I pulled Chris Sale early and sold him, reinvesting in the AH). However, as I was doing this on a budget, I ended up being cookie-cutter on my way to Diamond (Grandal/Posey, JD&Dennis Martinez, Barker, Dierker, Osuna, they're all here). So I'm gradually transitioning to a theme team of 2-way players, but that's a) going to take forever, b) be very expensive, and c) not be enough to fill out a roster. So Indians or guys I liked when I was a kid will fill it out (doesn't hurt that means Dennis can stay).

Looks like our division is the Canadian division with two stateside interlopers too. oldtimer, do you have a permanent stop sign on your guys? It looks like your team has about 10 career steals!
Actually, yes, I've always had steals set to never, but once I added Eddie Collins last season, I let him steal, but only him. [It seems I went comma crazy in that sentence.]

Nice hearing about how your team was built and how it's evolving. Thanks for sharing! Just curious, do you intend to keep managing this team once OOTP 20 PT is up and running? I'm intending to keep my Clippers going and I'll be starting up a new team for OOTP 20 too.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:40 PM   #27
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Quote:
Just curious, do you intend to keep managing this team once OOTP 20 PT is up and running? I'm intending to keep my Clippers going and I'll be starting up a new team for OOTP 20 too.
Honestly? Probably not. I do have plenty of ideas on how I can build a v2.0 of this team in OOTP20, though, and am eager to try it all again!
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:07 PM   #28
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I don't believe my team has ever hit this well at any level. It's only 22 games in, so I know it won't last, but it's been quite the surprise. We've managed to play .500 ball so far and we have a .295 AVG and are 2nd in OPS and 3rd in R. Pitching is improving (6th in RA) and defense is near the top. If only we were good enough to keep this up.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:44 AM   #29
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Actually, yes, I've always had steals set to never, but once I added Eddie Collins last season, I let him steal, but only him. [It seems I went comma crazy in that sentence.]

Nice hearing about how your team was built and how it's evolving. Thanks for sharing! Just curious, do you intend to keep managing this team once OOTP 20 PT is up and running? I'm intending to keep my Clippers going and I'll be starting up a new team for OOTP 20 too.

Listen you two... it's time we start working together to take down this couple of Developer teams ahead of us! He's got a run going with both of his teams and it's never too early to start colluding here...

What's worse is my OTHER team is behind him in the other conference too. I'm starting to really not like this Matt fella...
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:29 AM   #30
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
Listen you two... it's time we start working together to take down this couple of Developer teams ahead of us! He's got a run going with both of his teams and it's never too early to start colluding here...

What's worse is my OTHER team is behind him in the other conference too. I'm starting to really not like this Matt fella...

So you have 3 Matts to deal with?! My sympathies to you sir.

At least you are tied for 1st at the moment in our NC division. I went 4-4 against his two NC teams, but I'm only 1-3 against your Gryphons Red team. Somehow I finished 13-13 for April, which is way better than I expected.

Last edited by old timer; 02-05-2019 at 04:24 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:30 AM   #31
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

on the plus side, the AC West is the weakest so far (.538 leader; only 3 games separate 1st from last)... seems like my Syrups keep getting the lucky draw year after year (they've won division titles twice with 81-81 records )

being the lowest ranked team in the league (14 points) I'm happy with the 12-14 start (though I had higher hopes when they jumped out 5-0 after the first 5 games )... as usual, my batting is solid, and my pitching is just happy my batters can hit to keep them in as many game as they do

haven't matched up with Matt's team in our division yet, but have 7 games against them this month; so we'll see how my boys do there soon enough....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #32
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
on the plus side, the AC West is the weakest so far (.538 leader; only 3 games separate 1st from last)... seems like my Syrups keep getting the lucky draw year after year (they've won division titles twice with 81-81 records )

being the lowest ranked team in the league (14 points) I'm happy with the 12-14 start (though I had higher hopes when they jumped out 5-0 after the first 5 games )... as usual, my batting is solid, and my pitching is just happy my batters can hit to keep them in as many game as they do

haven't matched up with Matt's team in our division yet, but have 7 games against them this month; so we'll see how my boys do there soon enough....

You may be on to something... leaders now at .500 with 2 games separating everbody!
Old 02-05-2019, 01:21 PM   #33
old timer
Hall Of Famer

OK, what's up with the pitching in this league so far? You guys are allowing my perennially weak hitting Clippers to be #3 in R and #1 in OPS! But my pitching which has always been strong, is middling right now so that's keeping us near .500 still (17-16).
Old 02-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #34
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
OK, what's up with the pitching in this league so far? You guys are allowing my perennially weak hitting Clippers to be #3 in R and #1 in OPS! But my pitching which has always been strong, is middling right now so that's keeping us near .500 still (17-16).
Still early, but yeah, it feels weird. My rotation of Pedro/Lee/Maddux/Ryan/Dierker is running an ERA of almost 5. Thank God for the back end of my bullpen. Although I wonder how much of that is me trying to train Stephens at 2B this year, leading to lots of botched plays early, and then if I do have a lead, subbing in Tulo there late.

My River Devs aren't much better - starter ERA 4.53, bullpen ERA 2.16. Once Schmidt learns how to play defense (seriously, 8 errors in 28 games?), they'll pick it up. He doesn't even have the excuse of learning a new position, though.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:12 PM   #35
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_L View Post
Good luck to everyone and its great to see some familiar faces

That Laurelton team of yours always gives my team problems. We just lost 2 straight by 3-2 scores to your team and both times, you won it in your last at bat. We're both 1/2 game behind the #2 WC at the moment, but I expect my team will begin to fade out soon.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:31 PM   #36
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I updated the "Looking for mini-whale league" thread with instructions for keeping the two leagues together and hopefully filling both. Basically, the strategy is to choose "use friends list" as the setting and fill your friends list with the people at your level. I will update the friends lists this weekend when we know who is getting promoted and relegated. Good luck to everyone!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:33 PM   #37
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I updated the "Looking for mini-whale league" thread with instructions for keeping the two leagues together and hopefully filling both. Basically, the strategy is to choose "use friends list" as the setting and fill your friends list with the people at your level. I will update the friends lists this weekend when we know who is getting promoted and relegated. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for organizing this and keeping it up to date!
Old 02-05-2019, 06:40 PM   #38
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

my boys at .500 heading into the last week+ of May..... and only a half game back of the division lead.... I'll take it
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:48 PM   #39
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Tight races in both western divisions still... very interesting matchups. Looked like Matt's three teams were going to make a break but then we've caught them again. One series to the next the standings are flipping all over the place! Matt's two teams on 2-8 stretches isn't helping them with races this tight.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:58 PM   #40
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Tight races in both western divisions still... very interesting matchups. Looked like Matt's three teams were going to make a break but then we've caught them again. One series to the next the standings are flipping all over the place! Matt's two teams on 2-8 stretches isn't helping them with races this tight.
Yeah, those two teams (assuming the river and gold devs) are recent promotions, and not greatly setup rosters. Both just put up a few guys to the auction house as I want to retool the rosters a little bit. Hopefully they can stay above the relegation mark.