Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #81
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
This has even been more fun then I thought it would be. (Thank you Orcin) Every Series I play people I know and like. I do have to admit that I do not like being in the same Conference as the Colonels, Breakers or Titans because I hate to lose to them. In truth it kills me to lose to them much more then it is fun to beat them.
This really has been a lot of fun so far. In a way I'd much rather lose to someone I know and like, although I much prefer beating them. I did drop 2 of 3 to Orcin last night, the only games I was around for.

Today I'll get home much earlier, and I have a couple series against Zorro that I'm both looking forward to, and dreading.

It does seem like every series is tough though, which is good. May have to dust off the spreadsheets tonight after not using it the past couple weeks.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:22 PM   #82
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I'm shaking things up a bit with the Saints. Wagner boots too many balls at short so Ozzie is in, Honus is out. With the cap savings Mike Scott is out and deGrom is in.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:35 PM   #83
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I'm shaking things up a bit with the Saints. Wagner boots too many balls at short so Ozzie is in, Honus is out. With the cap savings Mike Scott is out and deGrom is in.
Yep, moved Scott to the bullpen for now but will drop him as well if he's no more consistent there than as a starter in perfect the past couple of seasons. Not enough PP available to grab anybody all that much better though.

A bunch of folks in this league using Ozzie, and maybe one other team using gold Lindor besides me. Stealing & baserunning stats are easily in Ozzie's favor, and with Ozzie being a silver card it costs nothing against the point cap. Defense and contact are not that far apart, Lindor has a little more power, and both are switch hitters. Outside of steals, are there other advantages to using Ozzie vs gold Lindor?
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #84
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Yep, moved Scott to the bullpen for now but will drop him as well if he's no more consistent there than as a starter in perfect the past couple of seasons. Not enough PP available to grab anybody all that much better though.

A bunch of folks in this league using Ozzie, and maybe one other team using gold Lindor besides me. Stealing & baserunning stats are easily in Ozzie's favor, and with Ozzie being a silver card it costs nothing against the point cap. Defense and contact are not that far apart, Lindor has a little more power, and both are switch hitters. Outside of steals, are there other advantages to using Ozzie vs gold Lindor?
From my perspective it allowed me some CAP flexibility while improving my defense at a key spot. Isn't Lindor a Diamond? This also allowed me to put A Simmons back into the super defensive sub role at 2B and 3B.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:44 PM   #85
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
From my perspective it allowed me some CAP flexibility while improving my defense at a key spot. Isn't Lindor a Diamond? This also allowed me to put A Simmons back into the super defensive sub role at 2B and 3B.
There's a more rare gold Lindor that grades as a 97 SS. I've debated swapping Lindors.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:49 PM   #86
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
I like Ozzie for the cap space. He does everything that I want out of a shortstop. I just put Pesky on the roster as his backup to make room for perfect Eckersley as my closer. I am tired of blowing saves and someone finally posted Eck at my price.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:58 PM   #87
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I like Ozzie for the cap space. He does everything that I want out of a shortstop. I just put Pesky on the roster as his backup to make room for perfect Eckersley as my closer. I am tired of blowing saves and someone finally posted Eck at my price.
if you haven't yet, train up Pesky at 2B as well for another solid backup position.... he's won 5 straight great glove awards for my pack-only team playing 2B (93 rating there)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #88
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
if you haven't yet, train up Pesky at 2B as well for another solid backup position.... he's won 5 straight great glove awards for my pack-only team playing 2B (93 rating there)

Andrelton Simmons trains up to 116 defense at second. He's at 73 for 3rd.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #89
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Andrelton Simmons trains up to 116 defense at second. He's at 73 for 3rd.
good to know... also have Simmons on my pack-only team... slowly training him up all over as a super backup
Old 02-05-2019, 02:58 PM   #90
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
I did. He is up to 75 there (79 @ SS).
Old 02-05-2019, 03:23 PM   #91
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I just want to thank anyone who changed their 3D Park. I just played Bobs Burgers at Bobs Burgers and fries park and what a difference. It was so much more enjoyable. 😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:25 PM   #92
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
I suspect the logical choice will be to continue using the "use friends" setting until the league is composed 100% of people from the list.

If we choose the "stay put" option, that leaves the possibility that the 3 players who landed here unintentionally could do the same, which is not what we want. Choosing the "use friends" option would make that impossible.
I haven't received any guidance from the developers on this, so I suggest we go with chazzycat's idea. It worked so far, so why mess with success? I agree that it seems to give us the best chance for exclusive membership in our league(s). We might have made it this time if we had 30 people in perfect leagues.

I will update the "Looking for mini-whale league" thread with the current lists and continue to recruit from there. Basically, the strategy will be the same... if you are in perfect, friend everyone on the perfect list and no one else. If you are in diamond, use the diamond list. If you are going to be moving up or down, change your friends list to match your new level.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:25 PM   #93
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

How do you change your 3d park?
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:34 PM   #94
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
How do you change your 3d park?

think this is the right path (not at home to login to see it)...

main page > profiles and settings.... then choose 'customize ballpark' where you'd typically edit your park factors...

on that page, up above the park factor boxes, there should be a tab to select for '3D' (or model or something like that)...

from that page, you can upload a different ballpark

the mods section has some great 3D park work done by various players, so poke around there and find one that might be a bit different for a little fun
Old 02-05-2019, 03:57 PM   #95
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

You can also access it on your teams home screen. It was say customize team design , When in that section where it says edit team name and Ballpark name there is also a customize your ballpark you hit that button and you will see options park profile or weather or 3D model. Hit that button and on the right you will see load new 3D model. You can change it from there. I hope Indid not confuse you. Lol. I am not very good at this.
Attached Images

Last edited by Zorro; 02-05-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #96
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Is there any chance someone would be able to post the standings occasionally, during the work day?
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #97
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Is there any chance someone would be able to post the standings occasionally, during the work day?
Here you are... what time would you like to see your daily update?

Name:  standings.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  263.1 KB
Old 02-05-2019, 05:15 PM   #98
chazzycat
All Star Starter

that was quick! But maybe on second thought...I don't wanna know. LOL.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:38 PM   #99
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
This really has been a lot of fun so far. In a way I'd much rather lose to someone I know and like, although I much prefer beating them. I did drop 2 of 3 to Orcin last night, the only games I was around for.

Today I'll get home much earlier, and I have a couple series against Zorro that I'm both looking forward to, and dreading.
Good luck...his team is pretty good and his 1B Vlad Jr. is still slowly getting better (48 positional rating).

Zorro,
I keep a close eye on your Vlad. You are ahead of me.
I have him on my other team but barely at 42 rating (after 193 games at 1B). I think you are about 20-25 games ahead of me.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:39 PM   #100
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I just want to thank anyone who changed their 3D Park. I just played Bobs Burgers at Bobs Burgers and fries park and what a difference. It was so much more enjoyable. 😁

Probably just a coincidence, but my team has gone 5-20 since I did that. I don't think it should have affected the ballpark factors, but not sure.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote