Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-04-2019, 12:08 PM   #41
joehart
All Star Starter

For easier housekeeping, should we create a post with just the latest 30+ teams and a discussion that we can point everyone to if they want to be added?

It may be easier to maintain than this forum that may get very long and have lots of discussions.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:28 PM   #42
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
For easier housekeeping, should we create a post with just the latest 30+ teams and a discussion that we can point everyone to if they want to be added?

It may be easier to maintain than this forum that may get very long and have lots of discussions.
I have one already started if you want to use that one. It is headed P401. I started it the same time as Orcin started his without knowing.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #43
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

We don't need to do anything right now. How about if we wait until I can get clarification on the best way to keep the league together?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:45 PM   #44
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Orcin;4427863]Maybe the four outsiders will see the thread and decide to play along with us. We really would love to have you join up.[/QUOTE) I made a mistake. Ignore this post. Lol.

Last edited by Zorro; 02-04-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:09 PM   #45
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
We don't need to do anything right now. How about if we wait until I can get clarification on the best way to keep the league together?
I guess if you wanted to ultimately make a closed-loop sort of league of like-minded players, it would probably take a friends list of 240 and players at all levels to make a pseudo single A-double A-triple A-majors sort of setup; with one perfect league (4 rel), 2 diamond leagues (4 pro / 8 rel), 2 gold leagues (8 pro / 8 rel), 2 silver leagues (8 pro / 4 rel) and 1 bronze league (4 pro)

that way you'd keep the relegated spots in each league perfectly filled by the right amount of teams being promoted from below and vice versa

short of that, there will always be some holes here and there of teams popping in that aren't part of the agreement
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:28 PM   #46
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
I guess if you wanted to ultimately make a closed-loop sort of league of like-minded players, it would probably take a friends list of 240 and players at all levels to make a pseudo single A-double A-triple A-majors sort of setup; with one perfect league (4 rel), 2 diamond leagues (4 pro / 8 rel), 2 gold leagues (8 pro / 8 rel), 2 silver leagues (8 pro / 4 rel) and 1 bronze league (4 pro)

that way you'd keep the relegated spots in each league perfectly filled by the right amount of teams being promoted from below and vice versa

short of that, there will always be some holes here and there of teams popping in that aren't part of the agreement

The goal was, and is, to have a perfect league of friends with a feeder league of diamond teams. Anything beyond that would be too difficult to manage with the friends list limit of 30 teams
Old 02-04-2019, 04:21 PM   #47
chazzycat
All Star Starter

I suspect the logical choice will be to continue using the "use friends" setting until the league is composed 100% of people from the list.

If we choose the "stay put" option, that leaves the possibility that the 3 players who landed here unintentionally could do the same, which is not what we want. Choosing the "use friends" option would make that impossible.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #48
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Good luck everyone.
Don't poison my Subway Rats, I'm rather fond of them
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:51 PM   #49
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

It really is to bad we have to have relegation and just can’t leave it The was it is except to bring in Dunzie who should be here if it was not for me....

Last edited by Zorro; 02-04-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:06 PM   #50
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
It really is to bad we have to have relegation and just can’t leave it The was it is except to bring in Dunzie who should be here if it was not for me....

It wasn't your fault, he withdrew himself, because he was removed from the original list of 28. #28 on the list did not make it, nor did #26.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:22 PM   #51
shockenawe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Do my Omaha All-Stars win the award for the smallest whale at 16 points?
shockenawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:41 PM   #52
Blazinghalo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockenawe View Post
Do my Omaha All-Stars win the award for the smallest whale at 16 points?
I'm afraid not. My Kenner Lynx take that honor, currently at 14 points. I suspect they'll be taking the next bus back to Diamond League.

Last edited by Blazinghalo; 02-04-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Blazinghalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:44 PM   #53
shockenawe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazinghalo View Post
I'm afraid not. My Kenner Lynx take that honor, currently at 14 points. I suspect they'll be taking the next bus back to Diamond League.
That's it! Going to have to tell the front office to trim some payroll!
shockenawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:50 PM   #54
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

This is bull crap!! I want in!! I AM NOT AN ANIMAL!!!
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #55
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post

You could be farming the Saints for PP....season isn't going to plan, but it's early.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:56 PM   #56
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey my friend. How are you doing this season? Heard you went to the Championship Series last season. 😁
Old 02-04-2019, 09:09 PM   #57
Blazinghalo
Minors (Single A)

My Valkyrie team just swept a 3 game series from my Lynx team but the Lynx went down fighting, every game went extra innings.
Blazinghalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:19 PM   #58
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
It wasn't your fault, he withdrew himself, because he was removed from the original list of 28. #28 on the list did not make it, nor did #26.
#28 was added very late and I suspect that many people did not have him on their friends list. #26 did not make it because he was relegated to diamond.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:20 PM   #59
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We are happy to include you if you wish to participate within the voluntary cap. You have always been welcome.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:21 PM   #60
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazinghalo View Post
I have a 44-point team that is ready to challenge you for last place.