Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-04-2019, 05:46 AM   #81
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs down Added You

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
I'm totally down. No MLB live and no future legend cards and f2p, eh? I can join up and get into compliance before the season starts on Monday.
I added both your teams to my friends list. Hopefully we'll get some division or conference rivalries out of it.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:34 AM   #82
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
omgpuppies

I added you too, for when I get back up there.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:49 AM   #83
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Aina Haina Parakeets are in S280. Who else made it in? My other team was placed in the same division (Kaneohe Waterfalls). Sigh.

Last edited by OMGPuppies; 03-04-2019 at 11:51 AM.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:05 PM   #84
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Aina Haina Parakeets are in S280. Who else made it in? My other team was placed in the same division (Kaneohe Waterfalls). Sigh.
I added you last night too, didn't get a chance to see what league I was in before work, but hopefully it's S280.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:57 PM   #85
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Real League Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
I added you last night too, didn't get a chance to see what league I was in before work, but hopefully it's S280.

After a one season hiatus, the Real League reformed in S280 with five teams in the fold, playing a 64 game schedule (details below). Former members, the Aceldama Butchers, Philadelphia Patriots, Kakoola Reapers, and Port Ruppert Mundys welcomed newcomers, the Aina Haina Parakeets into the loop for the season.

Conspicuous by their absence are the Gas House Gorillas, led by Real League founder Bottom Of The Sixth. During year long negotiations, it appeared that the Gorillas were poised to rejoin the Real League, but last minute legal snafus prevented their return. They continue to wrangle with the contract issues that kept them committed to playing in B304, a rival circuit, and are hopeful of coming back next year.

Four of the Real League teams are in the S280 American Conference, with Kakoola and Philadelphia set up as East Division rivals. Port Ruppert mans a lonely outpost in the S280 National Conference, and, as a result, was only able to schedule 4 Real League games, two home (H) and two away (A).

The rest of the schedule:

Aceldama - 13 H, 12 A
Aina Haina - 10 H, 10 A
Kakoola - 16 H, 17 A
Philadelphia - 15 H, 17 A

I'll try to post the first standings tomorrow.

Aside to omg puppies - Your team name makes me think there's a Scranton connection. It's the only place I know of where they say, "Haina."

Haina?

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 03-05-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:44 PM   #86
DTFinch
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I like the fact your league doesn't allow players to purchase PP points. I am a raw rookie but once I get started I will be looking for a lower level league that is run like yours. Kudos to you.
DTFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #87
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Real League Standings

May not get a chance to post standings later, so I figured I'd put these up. They are likely outdated already. Port Ruppert, by virtue of its truncated schedule, probably needs just one win to earn the highest winning percentage. I can't imagine any of the other teams earning a .750. There are rumors afloat that the commissioner may step in and decide to sock them with an asterisk, due to their schedule length.

At this point, Philadelphia would need to go 17-3 to tie, Aina Haina needs 13-1 to tie. Aceldama needs 15-1 to get to .760, and Kakoola needs 20-2 to get .758. If Bottom Of The Sixth reads this, I would ask him to weigh in. Other Real League opinions are also invited. Fan input would also be welcomed. It ain't exactly the Roger Maris situation.

Anyway, the standings so far:
Attached Images
Old 03-06-2019, 04:17 PM   #88
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Maybe have two titles?
Old 03-06-2019, 05:00 PM   #89
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Leaning Toward Asterisk

I think that Port Ruppert should get, at most, an honorable mention if they can split their final two games with Aceldama.

It's kind of funny that your team, with the best record among the main competitors, is bringing up the rear. The Parakeets begin their Real League schedule in earnest next month, so I expect that will change then. I like the look of your team.

I notice that there are no other games this month among Real League teams, so the current standings through today's sims are:
Attached Images
Old 03-07-2019, 10:28 AM   #90
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Arrow Playoff-Bound???

The 2032 season has already been really crazy and we haven't reached the half-way point of the season.

The Gorillas season so far, has been nothing short of being labeled a Chinese fire drill.

April saw the Gas House Gang come out of the starting gates with a record of 10-14 and May was even worse with a record of 10-17.

Things were so bad that the Gas House front office had over 20+ roster changes just in the first two days of 2032 sim season, frantically trying to stop the ship from sinking as the Gorillas were at one point ranked 29th out of 30 total teams.

With the start of June, the trade winds started blowing and the Gorillas jump on for a wild and exciting ride posting a 19-7 record.

With the start of today, the Gas House Gang is sitting in 3rd place, 2 games back from the lead, in a heavily contested division, in which 5 games separates the 1st place team and the 4th place team.

Can the Gorillas continue their hot streak into the All-Star break?

Only time will tell.

Make sure to pick up the next copy of "Gas House Today" available at news stands everywhere.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:46 AM   #91
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Big series against Kakoola today. Aina Haina is a Hawaiian town.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:42 PM   #92
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Real League Standings For July

As anticipated by this reporter, Aina Haia caught fire and the Parakeets flew to the top spot with a 6-1 July. Also expected was Port Ruppert being asterisked, and thus eliminated from consideration for the Real League crown.

Great to hear the Gas House Gorillas seem to be turning the corner. Hope to see them heading for home.

Looking ahead, the league schedule ends September 18 when the Patriots and Parakeets wrap up a three-game series.
Attached Images
Old 03-08-2019, 08:33 AM   #93
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
As anticipated by this reporter, Aina Haia caught fire and the Parakeets flew to the top spot with a 6-1 July. Also expected was Port Ruppert being asterisked, and thus eliminated from consideration for the Real League crown.

Great to hear the Gas House Gorillas seem to be turning the corner. Hope to see them heading for home.

Looking ahead, the league schedule ends September 18 when the Patriots and Parakeets wrap up a three-game series.
What is this? It can't be Perfect Team.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:07 PM   #94
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
What is this? It can't be Perfect Team.
Why not? Itīs all explained above if you care to read it, and I think itīs a lovely way to do it.
justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #95
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpatrick View Post
Why not? Itīs all explained above if you care to read it, and I think itīs a lovely way to do it.
There's a 5 team league with a 64 game schedule where some teams have played 26 games and another team played 2 games in Perfect Team?
Old 03-08-2019, 01:07 PM   #96
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
There's a 5 team league with a 64 game schedule where some teams have played 26 games and another team played 2 games in Perfect Team?

"The League" consists of only the teams that agreed to play by the limitations set in the beginning of this thread.

We don't have anywhere close to 30 players/teams so Stanley's reference to "The League" is only for those few teams who are actually involved.

Hope that helps you understand it a little better.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:10 PM   #97
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
"The League" consists of only the teams that agreed to play by the limitations set in the beginning of this thread.

We don't have anywhere close to 30 players/teams so Stanley's reference to "The League" is only for those few teams who are actually involved.

Hope that helps you understand it a little better.
But how has one team only played 2 games and others 26?
Old 03-08-2019, 01:16 PM   #98
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

We can't create or modify the schedule in PT, only OOTPD can.

Some teams might only match up against each other a handful of times during the whole season.

Other teams may match see the same opponent 15+ times in a season.

Alot of it has to do with with league (AC or NC) and division they are assigned to.

Take a look at your PT's schedule and you will see that your team does not play everyone evenly.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:25 PM   #99
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
We can't create or modify the schedule in PT, only OOTPD can.

Some teams might only match up against each other a handful of times during the whole season.

Other teams may match see the same opponent 15+ times in a season.

Alot of it has to do with with league (AC or NC) and division they are assigned to.

Take a look at your PT's schedule and you will see that your team does not play everyone evenly.
So those are the standings just against the other teams listed while ignoring all of the other games? That was not clear at all. lol

Sorry, I'll bow out.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:55 PM   #100
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

It would make more sense if you were actively involved.

We have plenty of room; are you interested?