Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-27-2019, 11:09 PM   #81
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

game 7 incoming, good luck guys!
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:16 PM   #82
joehart
All Star Starter

The baseball gods have decided that this championship gets decided by a game 7.
This has definitely been one of the better series: L-W-L-W-L-W

Looks like I am down to my #4 pitcher.

This reminds me...any stats/history or feedback on sending out starting pitchers at 80% ?

I usually settle for a lesser pitcher at 100% but have never really tried to collect data to see if there is a difference in performance, number of innings pitched, ….
Would love to know what others do.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:18 PM   #83
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

If it were me, I would go with the rested guy and hope that he rises to the occasion.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:42 PM   #84
joehart
All Star Starter

Game 7 comes down to 96 Walter Johnson (Yaks) vs 96 John Smoltz (BaseStealers).

I really messed up this playoff Sunday.....I figured I would be out all day so I
prepared my roster for next week and sold off my 1B and DH.

Sadly, my silver replacements have been rather disappointing.
Both of my silver Dan Murphy and Keith Hernandez have been cold. I have to hope that Hernandez makes up for the lack of offense with his 79 defense at 1B.

...and worst of all....the kids & mom won a championship with their Knuckleballers team (Niekro, Wood, and RA Dickey). I will never hear the end of that.

I told them Dickey would not cut it....but they decided to use him for a third year in a row and once again, he improved *again* by another 1WAR and ends up having a 3 ERA year (all with a 48 movement).
Old 01-27-2019, 11:43 PM   #85
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Great series guys, hate to see either one of you not win it. Congrats to the Yaks for pulling it out
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:56 PM   #86
joehart
All Star Starter

Agree with the last message...congrats to the Yaks. Great series...I hope we get to do it again down the road...
Old 01-28-2019, 02:18 AM   #87
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
What a weird season this has been for the Mustangs.

Through 29 June, we were 20-60 (.250 pct). Since that time, we are 35-27 (.564 pct), including a stretch where we went 21-9 (.700 pct) from 30 June through 4 August. Since then, we've been playing close to .500 ball.

The only change was the addition of Cy Blanton (94 OVR) who replaced Kyle Freeland (79 OVR) in the rotation. However, I believe it is our improved hitting that has really driven this turn around.

The most amazing thing to me is that even when I was winning at the .250 pct clip, I was still earning a lot more points than I did in 2019 (finished 69-93 in the initial Bronze league) or in 2024 (71-91 in my first Diamond League). Nobody likes to lose, but it is a lot easier to live that way when your point earning potential doesn't completely bottom out like it did either of those 2 years.

My team may still be terrible, but I actually have hope that improvement (or more specifically, getting points from achievements) is possible without relegation. This fact has made my initial Perfect league experience rather pleasant overall.
I earned 5180 total points this season, with 3 Silver and 0 gold achievements (I've only ever earned one goldie though, so no shock there). This is a LOT more than any of the other 2 years where I was not competitive. I don't know why this year was different, but seeing no reduction in points will help me not lose hope even while losing games.

Congratulations to all playoff teams, and especially to the Base Stealers and the Yaks. Well played!
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:09 AM   #88
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Thanks for a wonderfully difficult series. Your team is very tough and the honor of winning could easily have gone either way. Both our teams are built to prove that hoarding many Perfect 100 players guarantees only that they can enjoy great regular seasons. I think I am a little up on you in overall pitching and my 129 D catchers slow you down enough to keep me from being run out of games so much. I think our teams are very even though in overall roster use.

Good luck in Orcin's league. I will not be there as my team score is 70. I worked hard in the AH to field this team and want to try to keep improving it as I can. In that league, in my opinion, people will lose interest as they find it very difficult to improve their teams. Lets face it, getting better is what we all want. I hope it all works out well for my forum friends. Meanwhile I will stay in random so that I can keep meeting new teams. If I had not been random I would have not had the honor of playing Base Stealers this season. Will it be difficult to have to keep facing the Super Whales? Yes, but victory is so much sweeter when I knock off teams that have 100 score counts in Orcin's system. The Stealers are very familiar with this victorious euphoria having knocked of the super team in the Division round.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:02 AM   #89
Clavette
Major Leagues

Great finish to this season. Congrats kushiel

I hope to have another close season like this one this upcoming week.
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:13 AM   #90
joehart
All Star Starter

Now I am a bit disappointed not to see you in the other league. This has been one of the best series and greatest opponents in PT. I do feel a bit handicapped with my base running requirement but there are a few long term replacements I can make in an attempt to compete with your Yaks. Your pitching staff is terrific and I am surprised that they gave me so many chances at the end.
I can’t wait for a re-match.

Maybe I should let Liam Neeson and his “Taken speech” finish my message....in good spirits for another re-match in PT down the road.

“I don't know who you are. I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will look for you, I will find you. “.

Good luck in your next league.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:55 AM   #91
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Now I am a bit disappointed not to see you in the other league. This has been one of the best series and greatest opponents in PT. I do feel a bit handicapped with my base running requirement but there are a few long term replacements I can make in an attempt to compete with your Yaks. Your pitching staff is terrific and I am surprised that they gave me so many chances at the end.
I can’t wait for a re-match.

Maybe I should let Liam Neeson and his “Taken speech” finish my message....in good spirits for another re-match in PT down the road.

“I don't know who you are. I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will look for you, I will find you. “.

Good luck in your next league.
Who knows? Maybe my random league selection will make me a fill in for y'alls league one of these times. Meanwhile. I wish you terrific luck and do look forward to giving you a WS rematch someday.

Edit: Oh yeah! Liam Neeson is one of my favorite actors since he was in that movie, Next of Kin with Patrick Swayze. Taken is one of my all time favorites.

Last edited by Kushiel; 01-28-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:01 AM   #92
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

It was great playing with you guys. I've landed in a division with a 2-time Perfect champ starting Perfect Pedro, Perfect Doc, Grienke, Brown and Maddux with Perfect Randy in the pen. He has a 5 man bullpen since he'll barely ever use it. Going to be shooting for that wildcard.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:35 AM   #93
joehart
All Star Starter

Yeah...same here (a 125 win team).
My first game was against 100Pedro and 100Rivera.
Wow....I did not think I would see a card with better stats than Pedro Martinez.
That Rivera card is insane.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:51 AM   #94
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Yeah...same here (a 125 win team).
My first game was against 100Pedro and 100Rivera.
Wow....I did not think I would see a card with better stats than Pedro Martinez.
That Rivera card is insane.
Oooh, please post a screenshot of the full ratings. I haven't seen it in the wild yet.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote