Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-21-2019, 09:29 AM   #1
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

P405 Season 8

Bob's Burgers checking in, good luck everyone!
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:00 PM   #3
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Hillsboro Hops here. I'm going to try to play this season unattended until the weekend because I need my life back. I've got a 45K card sale going through in less than an hour that I'll probably use for one or two upgrades before going to autopilot.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

So, I've got a bid in for a new full-time DH, so I can ditch the platoon (McGwire & JD Martinez) and gain another spot for a defensive backup. Once that goes through and my old DHs sell off, I hope I'll have enough to find a better RH-hitting catcher option.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:53 PM   #5
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The Yakety Yaks checking in. I am pleased to spend the Season with y'all this week. I wish everybody good luck and hope we all have a grand time competing together. Have fun!

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:20 PM   #6
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Plenty of good teams in this league, hoping the Burgers will finish above .500 this week. Lost 8 straight after winning the first 4. YEAH BABY
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #7
joehart
All Star Starter

Redmond Base Stealers.

Team is based on trying to create some chaos on the base path. So far so good...but it looks like B6x may take the "most steals" title for the league.
His team is just a bit more financially secure and a Ty Cobb has not fallen into our hands just yet.

Not sure if we can compete with so many strong teams.
There is already a 12-3 wildcard team. Wow.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:57 PM   #8
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

In the words of Sam the Eagle from Muppet Family Christmas... "Why am I here?"

Enjoy the points the Mustangs dole out as we quietly relegate back down.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:26 PM   #9
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

A huge welcome to my new DH, Jimmie Foxx. Keep doing this, please. (minus the 5 LOB)
Attached Images
Old 01-21-2019, 09:27 PM   #10
joehart
All Star Starter

Good one....I remember that scene. Put me down as one of the weirdo friends!!!
Good luck with the promotion-demotion cycle.

I went through it twice with my All-Silver team. Playoffs-Relegation-Playoffs and now back to trying to avoid Relegation.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:36 PM   #11
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
A huge welcome to my new DH, Jimmie Foxx. Keep doing this, please. (minus the 5 LOB)

I almost picked him up as well but settled for DH: Willie McCovey

Jimmy Foxx (Wille McCovey):
Con: 79 (77)
Gap: 73 (71)
Pow: 94 (95)
Eye: 67 (64)
Ks: 27 (50)

I will keep a close eye on that competition. We are in the same division.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:06 PM   #12
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I almost picked him up as well but settled for DH: Willie McCovey

Jimmy Foxx (Wille McCovey):
Con: 79 (77)
Gap: 73 (71)
Pow: 94 (95)
Eye: 67 (64)
Ks: 27 (50)

I will keep a close eye on that competition. We are in the same division.
McCovey is better vs RHP, but he's sort of average vs. LHP. Foxx crushes both L & R. Both good players and with 3-4 out of every 5 games against RHP, I can see a good reason to go with McCovey.
Attached Images
Old 01-21-2019, 10:11 PM   #13
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

I'm pretty close to just going with an all-RHP rotation. Have 97 Randy Johnson and 88 Keuchel starting, who both dominated last season until the playoffs, and now are starting so bad. I already relegated Chris Sale to the pen last season and I think I may begin the search for 1 more RHP starter. Too much RH Power hitting in Perfect.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:38 PM   #14
joehart
All Star Starter

You are correct, according to my projections formula, I have Jimmy Foxx listed higher but once I applied results from last few Perfect seasons, he dropped a few spots.

I have not seen him produce very high WAR seasons so far. He tends to give up too many Ks and ends up leading the league in that.
This is why it will be fun to keep a close eye on this match between the two.

To be honest, I wanted Edgar Martinez but he was not available. Maybe next season.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:45 PM   #15
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You are correct, according to my projections formula, I have Jimmy Foxx listed higher but once I applied results from last few Perfect seasons, he dropped a few spots.

I have not seen him produce very high WAR seasons so far. He tends to give up too many Ks and ends up leading the league in that.
This is why it will be fun to keep a close eye on this match between the two.

To be honest, I wanted Edgar Martinez but he was not available. Maybe next season.
Has Edgar ever been available? I've been watching for him, but I bet he's snapped up quick. Not in front of my computer right now, but I think I have him top 10 vs RHP.

I am getting worried about the strikeouts. I built my team not giving a damn about Avoid K, but i think I'm starting to feel it. I may flip some guys for similar players with better Avoid K.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:02 PM   #16
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
I'm pretty close to just going with an all-RHP rotation. Have 97 Randy Johnson and 88 Keuchel starting, who both dominated last season until the playoffs, and now are starting so bad. I already relegated Chris Sale to the pen last season and I think I may begin the search for 1 more RHP starter. Too much RH Power hitting in Perfect.

Agree....I feel like I went through the same situation a while back.
Randy seems to be hit and miss (the 97 card is outside the top 20 in my DB). Too often his walks/9 was above 3 and he also gave up HRs in important games. His card price dropped quite a bit.

I like the Dallas Keuchel card. In a league with so much contact+power, his 96 Movement is really nice to have. In both of my leagues, he had just .10 to .30 HR/9 and almost 4.5WAR each season.

Unfortunately, I don't have more data on him. Teams are still adding him and giving him a chance in Diamond and Perfect leagues.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:08 PM   #17
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Agree....I feel like I went through the same situation a while back.
Randy seems to be hit and miss (the 97 card is outside the top 20 in my DB). Too often his walks/9 was above 3 and he also gave up HRs in important games. His card price dropped quite a bit.

I like the Dallas Keuchel card. In a league with so much contact+power, his 96 Movement is really nice to have. In both of my leagues, he had just .10 to .30 HR/9 and almost 4.5WAR each season.

Unfortunately, I don't have more data on him. Teams are still adding him and giving him a chance in Diamond and Perfect leagues.
Yeah, Randy is the first to lose his starting spot. I think Keuchel may stay because his MOV vR is still the highest in the game by 9 points (by 15 for vL!). If only somehow I could get the other team to think he's a righty so they'd stop stacking their lineups.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:20 PM   #18
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Has Edgar ever been available? I've been watching for him, but I bet he's snapped up quick. Not in front of my computer right now, but I think I have him top 10 vs RHP.

I am getting worried about the strikeouts. I built my team not giving a damn about Avoid K, but i think I'm starting to feel it. I may flip some guys for similar players with better Avoid K.

You are correct.
I saw him a few times last week (usually towards the end of the week). I know he was snatched up as soon as we started talking about him.

I have owned Edgar for 3 seasons and he has been consistent for me.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:34 PM   #19
joehart
All Star Starter

Another option I really like at 1B (after I moved Edgar to DH) is Jason Giambi:
His April stats in my other Perfect league have been amazing:
.450 AVG, .549 OBP, .762 SLG, 2.2 WAR.

Unfortunately, I have no data for him for an entire season.
At this rate, I see him take the rest of the year off and still end up with a higher WAR than any of my other players.

Last edited by joehart; 01-22-2019 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #20
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Also consider the nature of the available pitchers. If Movement is the best rating with regard to the prediction of future performance, then it is worth noting that there are far more RHP Starters with elite movement than LHP.

I am aware of 15 Diamond Starting Pitchers with Movement equal to or greater than 78 (an arbitrary point I picked solely because that is where the color changes ). Only 2 are LHP - Gary Peters (90 OVR, 83 Movement) and Hal Newhouser (97 OVR, 78 Movement).

Even if there wasn't such an excessive amount of righty power in Perfect, there still wouldn't be enough acceptable Lefty pitching options. Even if we throw in the historic Keuchel (86 OVR? I think we're being trolled...), and even if all 3 perform up to the expectations placed upon Perfect League pitching, it's still not a full rotation.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote