Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-08-2019, 03:33 PM   #81
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Narrator: He, in fact, did not learn. This is the story of how he slowly became gripped with madness and was cast out of the village for constantly muttering numbers to anyone who would listen.
Wow you saw me huh?
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:34 PM   #82
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
If you suck, then I totally suck.

It's pretty hard to understand why certain players go through long periods of low production when they should be good. Some guys, for whatever reason that eludes me, just don't perform to their ratings on a consistent basis. Other guys just seem to outplay their ratings every time they get a shot. Then, for some stupid reason that eludes me, I decide that the guy who is overperforming has just been lucky and needs to be upgraded... so I replace him with some guy who should be better but in fact always plays worse. Then I sell the worse guy, losing some PP in the process, and put the lower-rated guy back in and the cycle repeats. Will I ever learn? Stay tuned.
Exactly.....
Old 01-08-2019, 03:51 PM   #83
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
If you suck, then I totally suck.

It's pretty hard to understand why certain players go through long periods of low production when they should be good. Some guys, for whatever reason that eludes me, just don't perform to their ratings on a consistent basis. Other guys just seem to outplay their ratings every time they get a shot. Then, for some stupid reason that eludes me, I decide that the guy who is overperforming has just been lucky and needs to be upgraded... so I replace him with some guy who should be better but in fact always plays worse. Then I sell the worse guy, losing some PP in the process, and put the lower-rated guy back in and the cycle repeats. Will I ever learn? Stay tuned.
I just said this in my league thread. The most frustrating thing about this game is seeing your card performing worst out of all identical cards in the league, while the best one has like 10 WAR. It's always the right move to let him keep playing unless you have multiple great similar options on the bench. But I'm not going to replace my Trout with Ichiro just because he's hitting .197 with a .333 slugging percentage.

And on an unrelated note, I apologize for how I acted yesterday.

Last edited by zrog2000; 01-08-2019 at 03:52 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:23 PM   #84
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
And on an unrelated note, I apologize for how I acted yesterday.
No problem. I had it coming.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #85
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I have a real short fuse today. I had been holding out one player (a reliever) trying to decide if I should sell him. I decided to give him one last shot. I put him in and he promptly blew a save against FireAnty in his first appearance. That's it. Done. To the auction house for you.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #86
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Narrator: He, in fact, did not learn. This is the story of how he slowly became gripped with madness and was cast out of the village for constantly muttering numbers to anyone who would listen.
Correct... he did not learn.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:44 PM   #87
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
After watching my 7 game road trip I have come to the conclusion (Being the great observer I am) that We suck. I got out pitched, out hit and just totally out played. Also it does not matter if I watch or not because there is only one pattern I have found and that pattern is “losing”. I hate to lose but as I look around the league and see all the great teams in it I think “What do you expect on the road, These teams are very good.” Does that make me feel better. No. I hope we can turn this around when we get home because otherwise this could be a long week. Lol....🙏. 😁
So... right after this rant, you win five in a row. This happened last year too. You are the Knute Rockne of Perfect Team.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:43 PM   #88
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So... right after this rant, you win five in a row. This happened last year too. You are the Knute Rockne of Perfect Team.
It seems to work?🤞😁
Old 01-08-2019, 07:55 PM   #89
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Get ready for another rant my friend. We played wonderfully on our home stand. Now we hit the road. We are 18-6 with home cooking and 9-10 on the road. This was a wonderful home stand to watch. We were magnificent and gave the fans their money’s worth. We even lowered the price of tickets because of our miserable play on the last road trip. Our pitching was good and our hitters hit, It was a real joy to watch .🍻❤️😁
Old 01-08-2019, 09:19 PM   #90
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Get ready for another rant my friend.
Well, I lost 2 out of 3 to Fall River, capping off a bloody day in which I have already sold 3 players. There are a couple of big names in my sights now. How was it possible to sell off Willie Mays? If that can be done, then I can sell Stan Musial. I can no longer afford to have so much of my resources tied up in underperforming players. This league is tough!
Old 01-08-2019, 10:03 PM   #91
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, I lost 2 out of 3 to Fall River, capping off a bloody day in which I have already sold 3 players. There are a couple of big names in my sights now. How was it possible to sell off Willie Mays? If that can be done, then I can sell Stan Musial. I can no longer afford to have so much of my resources tied up in underperforming players. This league is tough!
You are right my friend. This league is very tough. Twinsfan is killing me. I tip my hat to him. He is doing one GREAT job. 👏
Old 01-08-2019, 10:04 PM   #92
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, Musial was a huge disappointment for me also. 😡
Old 01-08-2019, 10:25 PM   #93
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, Musial was a huge disappointment for me also. 😡
Thankfully, I was on a long phone call and missed the next two losses. No one on my formerly good pitching staff (except good old Larry Dierker) can get an out. And then there's Mr. Musial with his .640 OPS - and I have been platooning him! He is a ridiculous 1-15 against lefties, presumably relievers.

Hey, I am ranting and yelling at these guys and I doesn't seem to be working.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:29 PM   #94
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thankfully, I was on a long phone call and missed the next two losses. No one on my formerly good pitching staff (except good old Larry Dierker) can get an out. And then there's Mr. Musial with his .640 OPS - and I have been platooning him! He is a ridiculous 1-15 against lefties, presumably relievers.

Hey, I am ranting and yelling at these guys and I doesn't seem to be working.
You have to learn to yell like Zorro! Your comment about your pitching staff makes me glad I have a Dierker stashed on my reserve roster...
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:46 PM   #95
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
You have to learn to yell like Zorro!
I'm no Knute Rockne.

I demoted Musial to the reserve roster. Let's see how he likes that.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:26 AM   #96
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Zorro, my friend, I hope you have vacuumed the red carpet and have the brass band standing by to welcome The Doctrine to your park. We just completed the worst month in team history, I think, going 12-14 in May.

We sent down Cy Seymour and have signed Tris Speaker to play RF. Tris is not especially pleased, as he doesn't understand why he isn't playing in CF as he accustomed to. I explained to him that we now have three CFs playing the outfield, and only one can play CF at a time. I even mentioned that his predecessor, Mr. Seymour, had made the same move and had won a Gold Glove in RF. He wasn't entirely satisfied with that explanation, and didn't seem very focused when our coaches started working with him on the mechanics of playing right field. It looks like that may take a while.

We recently sent down Lindor, who had managed a 56 OPS+ at 2B, and signed Nomar Garciaparra to man the keystone. He was eager to learn the position, and hit well initially, but is now mired in a slump with a 57 OPS+. Hey, that's better than 56, right? If only Nomar could field like Frankie...he's working on it.

Last season we pitched extremely well and couldn't get our pitchers any run support. This season, we are hitting pretty well, but our pitchers seem lost. Last month, the nadir of our season to date was losing to the Aqua Sox 23-6. I am confident that TwinsFan scored some serious PP after that blowout.

Anyway, our bags are packed and we look forward to a warm welcome tomorrow at Gladys Monty Stadium. Be gentle!

Last edited by PhysicsTeacher; 01-09-2019 at 02:28 AM.
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:10 AM   #97
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicsTeacher View Post
Zorro, my friend, I hope you have vacuumed the red carpet and have the brass band standing by to welcome The Doctrine to your park. We just completed the worst month in team history, I think, going 12-14 in May.

We sent down Cy Seymour and have signed Tris Speaker to play RF. Tris is not especially pleased, as he doesn't understand why he isn't playing in CF as he accustomed to. I explained to him that we now have three CFs playing the outfield, and only one can play CF at a time. I even mentioned that his predecessor, Mr. Seymour, had made the same move and had won a Gold Glove in RF. He wasn't entirely satisfied with that explanation, and didn't seem very focused when our coaches started working with him on the mechanics of playing right field. It looks like that may take a while.

We recently sent down Lindor, who had managed a 56 OPS+ at 2B, and signed Nomar Garciaparra to man the keystone. He was eager to learn the position, and hit well initially, but is now mired in a slump with a 57 OPS+. Hey, that's better than 56, right? If only Nomar could field like Frankie...he's working on it.

Last season we pitched extremely well and couldn't get our pitchers any run support. This season, we are hitting pretty well, but our pitchers seem lost. Last month, the nadir of our season to date was losing to the Aqua Sox 23-6. I am confident that TwinsFan scored some serious PP after that blowout.

Anyway, our bags are packed and we look forward to a warm welcome tomorrow at Gladys Monty Stadium. Be gentle!
I kind of wish you would take a u turn towards Jersey. No offense my friend
But I never look forward to playing you anywhere. I have told the ground crew to turn off the warm water and the heat in your clubhouse. I really had enough of you for those two seasons we had to be in the same Division AND IT HAS BEEN SO NICE to only face you once a couple seasons ago at home and none at all last season. So the red carpet is coming out......When you get ready to leave. 😁
Old 01-09-2019, 09:21 AM   #98
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
You have to learn to yell like Zorro! Your comment about your pitching staff makes me glad I have a Dierker stashed on my reserve roster...
He just does not know how to bitch and whine good enough. You have to be a big baby and bad loser. Watch after my series with the Monroe Doctrine . I will show you what I mean. 😰😥😓
Old 01-09-2019, 09:27 AM   #99
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm no Knute Rockne.
You just got to learn how to be a bad loser is all. Just piss and moan and stamp your feet when things don’t go your way. 😭😤😰😥😱
Old 01-09-2019, 09:43 AM   #100
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Also I tend to take it with me. Example, I have to take my car in at 1030am so I will only be able to watch the first game with Monroe and have to wait to see the next two when I get back. If I win the game I watch before I go I will probably bring the mechanic coffee and smile and tip him. If I lose I will probably tell the sob not to screw me over and then punch him in the face. My wife says I take this stuff to seriously. (You can tell she never played in the Perfect League)😉