Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-03-2019, 12:28 PM   #81
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I wish you and NYY23 the best of luck the rest of the way. I am kind of prejudiced toward you two because of the battles we had in the past. I kind of wish I was here in your league. Maybe next year.
Thank you! Hopefully we don't let you down. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but the playoffs have been my white whale in PT. I'm pretty sure my next playoff win will be my first, including beta.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:32 PM   #82
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Thank you! Hopefully we don't let you down. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but the playoffs have been my white whale in PT. I'm pretty sure my next playoff win will be my first, including beta.
Well then my friend make the most of it. Win 11.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:34 PM   #83
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Guess which Arenado is mine?

If you guessed the one with the .589 OPS, you'd be right!
You are having some terrible luck with him. You probably could find a cheap upgrade that would be better. But odds are he will rebound, even if it's next year.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:44 PM   #84
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
You are having some terrible luck with him. You probably could find a cheap upgrade that would be better. But odds are he will rebound, even if it's next year.
I think I'm going to train him at 1B for the rest of the year. I can always move Ramirez over to 3B and find another 2B. My Frank Thomas and Hank Greenberg are both terrible too.

Last edited by zrog2000; 01-03-2019 at 12:47 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:16 PM   #85
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think I'm going to train him at 1B for the rest of the year. I can always move Ramirez over to 3B and find another 2B. My Frank Thomas and Hank Greenberg are both terrible too.
I do like cross training at multiple positions. I'd personally go for training at second, not first, for a little flexibility, while training Ramirez at first.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:24 PM   #86
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I wish you and NYY23 the best of luck the rest of the way. I am kind of prejudiced toward you two because of the battles we had in the past. I kind of wish I was here in your league. Maybe next year.

Thanks! I wish you the best in your league too. I have no doubt we'll battle again sometime!
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:27 PM   #87
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Guess which Arenado is mine?

If you guessed the one with the .589 OPS, you'd be right!
Ouch! .189 against RHs is unlucky. Time to move him around in the lineup to jump start something.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:34 PM   #88
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Someone forgot to tell my team that the All-Star break is over. Four straight, we can't hit, we can't pitch, and Virginia is red-hot on my heals.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:40 PM   #89
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Someone forgot to tell my team that the All-Star break is over. Four straight, we can't hit, we can't pitch, and Virginia is red-hot on my heals.
At least Carew has started hitting again. He's got that WAR into positive territory now!

I see Virginia has a new SS to aid in that division chase...
Old 01-03-2019, 10:00 PM   #90
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medici View Post
At least Carew has started hitting again. He's got that WAR into positive territory now!

I see Virginia has a new SS to aid in that division chase...
Yeah, Carew is starting to pick it up. The Carew/Tommy Davis platoon is turning into a nice DH combo. Not much power, but that's not too unusual for my team.

Damn, I didn't even notice his new SS. And Big Klu too. I feel obliged to counter, but I'm not even sure how anymore.

I guess I did add Pedro yesterday, but maybe I can find a new catcher?

You've built your lead back up nicely. Boyoyon is looking strong in the East too.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:00 PM   #91
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I do like cross training at multiple positions. I'd personally go for training at second, not first, for a little flexibility, while training Ramirez at first.
Arenado will peak much higher at first, both because he's much taller (which matters a lot) and because Live Ramirez is mostly a mediocre defender while Arenado is elite.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:59 AM   #92
zrog2000
All Star Starter

How is anyone going to beat the Dyersville Ghosts?

And omg, I've never seen a Brouthers card. Nice DH!

edit:

Oops, this was for my other league. haha

I bet this team would win our league too. That's in gold 306.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by zrog2000; 01-04-2019 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:27 AM   #93
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Arenado will peak much higher at first, both because he's much taller (which matters a lot) and because Live Ramirez is mostly a mediocre defender while Arenado is elite.
Sure, I don't question Arenado being more elite anywhere defensively, which is why I'd want him playing the tougher defensive position.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:33 AM   #94
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks! I wish you the best in your league too. I have no doubt we'll battle again sometime!
Thank you my friend. Looks like I am here more then my leagues post. Lol. More action here....
Old 01-04-2019, 09:05 AM   #95
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you my friend. Looks like I am here more then my leagues post. Lol. More action here....
How are things going in your division battle?

I survived a tough month with a slim lead intact:

Name:  Atlanta August.png
Views: 103
Size:  83.4 KB

Hopefully August will be better, we did a couple late night moves bringing in Mike Scott and pushing Kershaw to the pen, and Manny Sanguillen since Munson was struggling.

I feel good about my playoff chances, but would really prefer to win the division and not go in as a Wild Card team.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:17 AM   #96
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How are things going in your division battle?

I survived a tough month with a slim lead intact:

Attachment 595562

Hopefully August will be better, we did a couple late night moves bringing in Mike Scott and pushing Kershaw to the pen, and Manny Sanguillen since Munson was struggling.

I feel good about my playoff chances, but would really prefer to win the division and not go in as a Wild Card team.
Great job my friend. I had to bench Ruth and then we did a minor run to go 10 games in front. My team is very inconsistent but I feel we should win our Division. The playoffs are a different matter. I always feel once you make the playoffs anything can and will happen but to repeat as Champions we would have to play much tighter. I am very happy you are doing well. Keep it up. 👍
Old 01-04-2019, 09:37 AM   #97
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Great job my friend. I had to bench Ruth and then we did a minor run to go 10 games in front. My team is very inconsistent but I feel we should win our Division. The playoffs are a different matter. I always feel once you make the playoffs anything can and will happen but to repeat as Champions we would have to play much tighter. I am very happy you are doing well. Keep it up. 👍
10 game lead is nice, you do never know once you make it to the playoffs. I guess all you can do is set your team up as well as you can, play the matchups, and hope they deliver.

Depth is almost a necessity in PT, because guys are going to underperform. Just a question of who, and how long. But Babe is letting me down!

This month we have our first and only regular-season battle with Medici. Hopefully the home games will help us.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:44 AM   #98
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
How is anyone going to beat the Dyersville Ghosts?

And omg, I've never seen a Brouthers card. Nice DH!

edit:

Oops, this was for my other league. haha

I bet this team would win our league too. That's in gold 306.
That is indeed a scary good team. Dan Brothers and King Kelly are two of my deadball era wishlists that I'll have to enjoy watching on other folks teams.

How do you view other teams outside of our league?
Old 01-04-2019, 09:46 AM   #99
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Great job my friend. I had to bench Ruth and then we did a minor run to go 10 games in front. My team is very inconsistent but I feel we should win our Division. The playoffs are a different matter. I always feel once you make the playoffs anything can and will happen but to repeat as Champions we would have to play much tighter. I am very happy you are doing well. Keep it up. ��
You benched the Babe?!!! Isn't that baseball sacrilegious? How bad was he performing? I sure hope you're not cursing your team or anything for that. :-)
Old 01-04-2019, 10:01 AM   #100
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
That is indeed a scary good team. Dan Brothers and King Kelly are two of my deadball era wishlists that I'll have to enjoy watching on other folks teams.

How do you view other teams outside of our league?
You can't. I posted that because I forgot which team I was logged in to. That's from the gold league my 2nd team is in. I think my 2nd team may overtake my 1st team next week.