Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-02-2019, 07:23 PM   #61
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
12-6 so far today, so I'm happy. Still a tight race, but I'd rather be 2 up than 2 out. And as an added bonus I was surprised that I won an auction that I big on before work at a nice discount.

Attachment 595346
very good my friend.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:30 PM   #62
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
You should pick up a Troy Tulowitski live card to save your team.

I guess all I can say about this season is that I'm glad that I'm going to avoid promotion to perfect. I'm about done spending money (I've spent $60) because in order to improve my team enough to compete in perfect, I'd have to spend hundreds from where I'm at right now.
I am definitely on the hunt for a Tulo card now. Not sure I have room in the infield, but if I can find one for the right price I'd be happy to have him.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:34 PM   #63
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
very good my friend.
How are you doing in your perfect division of death? Still giving them a hard time?
Old 01-02-2019, 07:51 PM   #64
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How are you doing in your perfect division of death? Still giving them a hard time?
Still lucky, I have a 8 and a half game lead.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:13 PM   #65
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Still lucky, I have a 8 and a half game lead.
Awesome! Nice work my friend, keep it up!
Old 01-02-2019, 08:26 PM   #66
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Awesome! Nice work my friend, keep it up!
Thank you my friend.My pitching has been very bad, Not sure if it is the Perfect League or if they are having a off year. My batting is the best in my Conference and Knive and FireAnty are not having the season like they did last season. Hence I have been very lucky. I am going to need all the luck in the world if I am going to repeat as Champion. But once in the Playoffs one never knows.

Last edited by Zorro; 01-02-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:35 PM   #67
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithplanx View Post
Goals:
Finish last place in Ks with more than 200 less than the leading team
Finish top 5 in ERA
Those are doable goals. So is making the play-offs! You're only 3 games behind the division leader with a Perfect Campanella and Phil Niekro tearing it up. You're totally in the hunt my friend!
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:54 PM   #68
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you my friend.My pitching has been very bad, Not sure if it is the Perfect League or if they are having a off year. My batting is the best in my Conference and Knive and FireAnty are not having the season like they did last season. Hence I have been very lucky. I am going to need all the luck in the world if I am going to repeat as Champion. But once in the Playoffs one never knows.
If your pitching is doing bad that's a bad sign. I guess if there is a good time to take an off year it's when your hitters are killing it. Last year during the first half FireAnty had a slow start, but a hot finish. You've got the talent to repeat, but yes, you always need a little bit of luck come playoff time.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:59 PM   #69
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medici View Post
Those are doable goals. So is making the play-offs! You're only 3 games behind the division leader with a Perfect Campanella and Phil Niekro tearing it up. You're totally in the hunt my friend!
I also noticed you had Paul Blair in centerfield, who has been very good for me before I sold him out and made him a fourth outfielder. Good luck, especially in your next two games!
Old 01-02-2019, 11:38 PM   #70
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Thanks! It definitely is a tough one. I've been in the situation where I've been in the other division and it's win it or go home because there was no shot at the Wild Card. I'd feel better with a lead like yours though!
LOL. How quickly things change! After a rough month of pitching for me, my 10 game lead is down to 5 while your pitching has caught up to your offense and given you a 4.5 game lead with that 10 game win streak! Well done Sir!
Old 01-03-2019, 07:01 AM   #71
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
LOL. How quickly things change! After a rough month of pitching for me, my 10 game lead is down to 5 while your pitching has caught up to your offense and given you a 4.5 game lead with that 10 game win streak! Well done Sir!
Thanks, I was happy to have everybody firing on all cylinders.

I do think you are set up well though, and a good July will get your lead back up there.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:11 AM   #72
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If your pitching is doing bad that's a bad sign. I guess if there is a good time to take an off year it's when your hitters are killing it. Last year during the first half FireAnty had a slow start, but a hot finish. You've got the talent to repeat, but yes, you always need a little bit of luck come playoff time.
I jinxed myself. FireAnte just swept me at Their House. I can’t pitch at all this year. My lead is down to 4 games and the way we are pitching I have no chance to win my Division let alone repeat. I have tinkered and changed things so much That now My blood pressure medicine is not even working. If I do not turn this around (And I have no idea how to do that) this could be the first season I miss the playoffs. I could go down in history like the 64 Phillies or 69 Cubs or the 78 Red Sox....Well you get the picture. Lol. Good luck to you the rest of the way.....

Last edited by Zorro; 01-03-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:30 AM   #73
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Thanks, I was happy to have everybody firing on all cylinders.

I do think you are set up well though, and a good July will get your lead back up there.
Your team all seems to all be clicking except for Carew. Not sure what his deal is. I suspect he'll still hit .300 by the time the season ends. The other Carew in the league sure is raking!
Old 01-03-2019, 09:41 AM   #74
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I jinxed myself. FireAnte just swept me at Their House. I can’t pitch at all this year. My lead is down to 4 games and the way we are pitching I have no chance to win my Division let alone repeat. I have tinkered and changed things so much That now My blood pressure medicine is not even working. If I do not turn this around (And I have no idea how to do that) this could be the first season I miss the playoffs. I could go down in history like the 64 Phillies or 69 Cubs or the 78 Red Sox....Well you get the picture. Lol. Good luck to you the rest of the way.....
Hey Zorro! Still looking for that play-off series with you one day. :-) You and FireAnt in the same division makes the Perfect League sound scary. Even to make that league is an accomplishment, much less be in a position for the play-offs at the midway mark. Best of luck on your second half!
Old 01-03-2019, 09:53 AM   #75
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey Zorro! Still looking for that play-off series with you one day. :-) You and FireAnt in the same division makes the Perfect League sound scary. Even to make that league is an accomplishment, much less be in a position for the play-offs at the midway mark. Best of luck on your second half!
Thank you my friend. I have been missing you in my league. You have ALWAYS been one of my favorite teams to play against in my league. How are you doing? Yes, One day we will have our playoff series my friend.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #76
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wish you and NYY23 the best of luck the rest of the way. I am kind of prejudiced toward you two because of the battles we had in the past. I kind of wish I was here in your league. Maybe next year.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:20 AM   #77
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
I am definitely on the hunt for a Tulo card now. Not sure I have room in the infield, but if I can find one for the right price I'd be happy to have him.
I bet you could get a live one for league minimum.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #78
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Guess which Arenado is mine?

If you guessed the one with the .589 OPS, you'd be right!
Attached Images
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #79
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Honestly this is why I'm glad I can't access while I'm at work, I could tinker too much.

I'll say this, trust in your team, they are capable of winning it all. I feel like everybody has a bad stretch, but it'll even out.

Now if he picks up Bucky Don't you may want to start worrying! I have faith in you guys to make the playoffs though!
Old 01-03-2019, 12:20 PM   #80
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Your team all seems to all be clicking except for Carew. Not sure what his deal is. I suspect he'll still hit .300 by the time the season ends. The other Carew in the league sure is raking!
I'm not sure what it is, but it always seems hitters struggle in their first year. I guess now is a good time for him to shake off those rust, but hopefully he does heat up and perform like he's capable of.