Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #61
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Holy crap There is a Babe Ruth 1920 card going for 700,000 which is about 400 US dollars. Are people serious about this game or what. I ask my wife about what she thought about Mays for Christmas. She ask me what I thought about sleeping in the car for Christmas so I guess asking for Ruth would be out of the question. Sorry guys for hogging this thread with Auction talk but.....This is really to much....
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #62
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Wow my friend, You are really killing it. .811 pct. I kind of miss our Division rivalry (Didn’t think I would) but it looks like you would have killed me and you know how much I hate the wild card.
Tell your father to slow down now. Nobody can compete with a .811 pct. lol. Great job my friend...
We overhauled a few positions and upgraded a couple of starters. And now without you in the division we can afford to be a little more patient now lol. Its been a fun ride so far.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #63
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Holy crap There is a Babe Ruth 1920 card going for 700,000 which is about 400 US dollars. Are people serious about this game or what. I ask my wife about what she thought about Mays for Christmas. She ask me what I thought about sleeping in the car for Christmas so I guess asking for Ruth would be out of the question. Sorry guys for hogging this thread with Auction talk but.....This is really to much....
Screenshot?
Old 12-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #64
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

is there actually a bid on it, or is that just the pie-in-the-sky asking price?
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #65
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
is there actually a bid on it, or is that just the pie-in-the-sky asking price?
Somebody took it down so There were no bids. Ruth is down but Mays is still up. Mays is a deal at 300,000 compared to What Ruth was. Lol.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #66
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Screenshot?
Sorry, They took it down by the time I seen this. Now we all have the same auction house right? I mean do you see the Willie Mays card for 300,000?
Old 12-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #67
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We overhauled a few positions and upgraded a couple of starters. And now without you in the division we can afford to be a little more patient now lol. Its been a fun ride so far.
You guys have done a wonderful job. If we could only meet in the Championship Series then our 3 season rivalry would still be on. But that is a long ways from now. We both need to hold on to our Division first.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #68
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I can’t even find Ruth in our league. I did a search and cannot find him. I found Mays. Seattle Jaguars owns Willie but I cannot find Ruth. Somebody in our League has to own him if he was on the auction block right?
Old 12-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #69
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Quote:
I can’t even find Ruth in our league. I did a search and cannot find him. I found Mays. Seattle Jaguars owns Willie but I cannot find Ruth. Somebody in our League has to own him if he was on the auction block right?
No, the Auction House is for all of PT, so there's no way to know what league Ruth was in.
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:15 PM   #70
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Disappointing but pretty glad nobody bought it
Old 12-19-2018, 04:21 PM   #71
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
No, the Auction House is for all of PT, so there's no way to know what league Ruth was in.
Oh, I did not know that. I thought it was just our League. Thank you for the info. That means somebody somewhere could have bought it. Do people really have that many Pt available? That perfect league could be very interesting by the time we get there or if. Lol.

Last edited by Zorro; 12-19-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:26 PM   #72
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I already have his 65 card which is better then 60. But thank you anyway. I guess that means you would have went as far as getting me Mays 60 but the 54 is a little to much?
Sure, let’s go with that.

I will be looking for your castoffs to upgrade my poor little team.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:49 PM   #73
Keenanja
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
The Babe is right here in my division. This guy's team has won 21 in a row and is up by 25 games on June 13th. Must say, pretty demoralizing.

Oh, and Johnny Bench, Joe DiMaggio, Mike Trout, Arky Vaughn and Rogers Hornsby are riding his bench.
Attached Images

Last edited by Keenanja; 12-19-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Keenanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #74
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenanja View Post
The Babe is right here in my division. This guy's team has won 21 in a row and is up by 25 games on June 13th. Must say, pretty demoralizing.

Oh, and Johnny Bench, Joe DiMaggio, Mike Trout, Arky Vaughn and Rogers Hornsby are riding his bench.
Wow, Thank you so much for showing us this. What a team he has. 21 in a row? 25 games up in June? I don’t know what to say except, I hope I don’t see him next season or any other season for awhile. Lol.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #75
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Wow its like a who's who of who I want on my pitching staff. And that lineup is incredible...
Old 12-19-2018, 05:23 PM   #76
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow its like a who's who of who I want on my pitching staff. And that lineup is incredible...
And he is 25 games ahead and some of his hitters are under performing to me.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:43 PM   #77
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I guess I am overestimating the value of defense. It seems that you can play anyone at any position.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:19 PM   #78
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

how do you figure? Betts is rated in the IF, Rolen is an absolutely dominant defender, and Honus is not, but his bat is too good to bench, so he gets the easier IF position left.

Last edited by CrazyWR; 12-19-2018 at 06:20 PM. Reason: edit to add
Old 12-19-2018, 06:25 PM   #79
zrog2000
All Star Starter

The error ratings on pretty much all of the old historical cards are brutal and I don't think it's fair to not adjust them for the era they played in like every other stat is. Not every single shortstop from before 1940 should have a maximum Infield Error rating of 40.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:33 PM   #80
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
how do you figure? Betts is rated in the IF, Rolen is an absolutely dominant defender, and Honus is not, but his bat is too good to bench, so he gets the easier IF position left.
I figure that the Red Sox would have been playing Betts at third base all along, given the huge hole they had there until this year, IF it were a good idea.