Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-09-2019, 01:27 AM   #441
warneke
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Try it and you will see that the AI can select any of the players listed on your current active roster, and make a batting order, based on all of those players.

There is no option for you to select your starting 9 player positions and allow the AI to create the batting order, for just those 9 players.

This might seem snippy, but you can't make your lineup out of nine players?
warneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #442
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Suggestion Yet More Sorting Options:

Right now, especially at the end of the season people are wheeling and dealing cards in the auction house.

It would be most useful to be able to pull the data from the cards current auction values and be able to sort ANY or ALL of your players by how much they are currently worth in a list.

It is very tedious to have to click on each card to find out value especially when you have a lot of cards. There is a SP I have my eye on right now but I need 20K+ Would be so nice to be able to see a sorted list of all my cards values for flipping some cash...
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #443
Mr_Devil_Dog
Minors (Double A)

Smile Auction House Suggestions

Markus, if there are a lot of other players like me trying to constantly improve their Perfect team, you spend a lot of time in the Auction House. Here are a couple of suggestions that would make that experience much better:
1 - Add a Filter for newly added cards (i.e. cards added the the last ½ hour, or hour, or 3 hours...) If you have the date the card was added in the DB, it shouldn't be to bad too add it to the search filter.
2 - Save a Filter Search. I quite ofter am searching for the same criteria, Value of at least something, and that I have the PP to purchase. If you could save the filter, it would be a nice add.
3 - A new filter type of ALL except 2018 MLB Live Cards. Maybe you can call it, ALL Special Cards. I am often looking for specialty cards, and want to filter out the 2018 cards, so I have to go through all the card Types one by one. An all special would make it much easier.
4 - It would be great if you could filter based on specific Ratings or Data (i.e. Left handed pitchers with stuff of 65 and Control of 70. That is a bigger ask, but would be great in helping you look for specific players types for your team.
Mr_Devil_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #444
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seequest View Post
Markus, if there are a lot of other players like me trying to constantly improve their Perfect team, you spend a lot of time in the Auction House. Here are a couple of suggestions that would make that experience much better:
1 - Add a Filter for newly added cards (i.e. cards added the the last ½ hour, or hour, or 3 hours...) If you have the date the card was added in the DB, it shouldn't be to bad too add it to the search filter.
2 - Save a Filter Search. I quite ofter am searching for the same criteria, Value of at least something, and that I have the PP to purchase. If you could save the filter, it would be a nice add.
3 - A new filter type of ALL except 2018 MLB Live Cards. Maybe you can call it, ALL Special Cards. I am often looking for specialty cards, and want to filter out the 2018 cards, so I have to go through all the card Types one by one. An all special would make it much easier.
4 - It would be great if you could filter based on specific Ratings or Data (i.e. Left handed pitchers with stuff of 65 and Control of 70. That is a bigger ask, but would be great in helping you look for specific players types for your team.

I would love to have a filter for all Non-Live cards.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:03 PM   #445
daves
Hall Of Famer

Allow an option to submit team changes before downloading a new league file. When the league is updating you only have an option of OK with no choices. I have lost changes several times because of this override.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:01 PM   #446
professor ape
All Star Starter

Apologies if I am throwing out a suggestion that has been mentioned previously. It would be nice to be able to hover my mouse over an achievement and see a description its exact criteria. Right now while most achievements are easy to figure out, some are pretty vague.
professor ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #447
Joshrapley
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicsTeacher View Post
I enthusiastically second this idea. I would like to see double splits, particularly L/R and Home/Road, as park effects play a large role in L/R splits.
This please!! Use all the time in normal OOTP. Hate not having it in PT.
Joshrapley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #448
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Auction House availability...

This is more of a question than a request.

I noticed that a team can access the auction house during the playoffs, and was wondering if that is in keeping with the concept. Should the Auction House be closed during the playoffs for playoff teams, or is the general opinion that owners should be able to stock their teams with players that didn't play during the season?

I wouldn't have noticed but I purchased a player on Sunday morning for the following season. I expected the game would say no - or that he wouldn't be able to play in the playoffs. I was surprised when he was added to the active roster and was available for the first playoff game.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:13 AM   #449
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Suggestion: For setting lineups, can we get the missing selections from “Every 8th game” to “Every 12th game”

As it stands today, we currently have 6th, 7th, 10th, then the jump to 15th. For some subs (I.e., a fully INF trained Simmons), it would be more useful to have the additional iterations of 8th, 9th, 11th and 12th game for when they could guarantee going into the lineup. This would make multi-position players more valuable and would potentially better mirror real life baseball.

Edit: read full thread and did not see this listed previously.

Last edited by daveh2018; 02-13-2019 at 07:14 AM.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:33 AM   #450
Comte
Bat Boy

Hi Guys I live in Israel and by the time I get home on Monday night the previous season is gone and I can't see how my team did if they reach the playoffs. Last season I made it to the Diamond world series but didn't get to see how my team did. Any possibility to add some sort of recap feature for those of us in other time zones and parts of the world?
Comte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:02 PM   #451
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Sure it's been requested already from the fine members of this board but I would like to throw my hat in for the ability to HIDE cards in the AH that we already own as an adjunct to the RED highlighted version of sorting.

From a useability standpoint twould help declutter search results and prevent actor from having to sort through multiple pages of results.

Thank you in advance.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:36 PM   #452
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comte View Post
Hi Guys I live in Israel and by the time I get home on Monday night the previous season is gone and I can't see how my team did if they reach the playoffs. Last season I made it to the Diamond world series but didn't get to see how my team did. Any possibility to add some sort of recap feature for those of us in other time zones and parts of the world?
See the sticky below this post - Perfect Team Playoff Results - there is a post for each week that shows summary game line scores for each World Series. Search for your team name(s) as all levels are represented in one mass listing.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:51 PM   #453
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

Slower pace

So far after 3 months, PT seems geared to buying rare cards and win-loss results. The process of managing a baseball team is secondary.

I'm ready for optional slower leagues. Maybe 1 game every hour or less. I enjoy (micro) managing my baseball SIM teams; lineup construction, scouting opponents, analyzing free agents, tweaking bullpens, studying box scores, watching highlights. Near impossible, to enjoy at least, playing games every 30 minutes.

Last edited by the_mad_monk; 02-16-2019 at 12:52 PM.
the_mad_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:31 PM   #454
madjac74
Minors (Double A)

I'd love to see "hide scores" apply to the scores & schedule calender under the team drop down as well as the main screen.

While at work and/or sleep I can miss weeks worth of games but only watch the last played game replay with some mystery of not knowing what happened. If I could go to the team schedule and not see the scores I could start from where i left off

This would also help with the frustration of dealing with the downloading replays error when you are trying to hurry to watch your last game before the next sim
madjac74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:34 PM   #455
CapeCodCranberry
Bat Boy

League. Message. Boards.
CapeCodCranberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:07 PM   #456
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
This is more of a question than a request.

I noticed that a team can access the auction house during the playoffs, and was wondering if that is in keeping with the concept. Should the Auction House be closed during the playoffs for playoff teams, or is the general opinion that owners should be able to stock their teams with players that didn't play during the season?

I wouldn't have noticed but I purchased a player on Sunday morning for the following season. I expected the game would say no - or that he wouldn't be able to play in the playoffs. I was surprised when he was added to the active roster and was available for the first playoff game.
You can update your team before every series. There is no minimal regular season requirement. So if you want Sale to be on your rotation in the playoffs and he has not pitched a regular season inning, that is ok. Just buy him before the series and put him in your playoff rotation.

PT does not follow MLB rules for this.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:10 PM   #457
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Suggestions

Just a few things that others may find helpful in OOTP2020...

1. "Recent Achievements" on the OVERVIEW page; would be nice to be able to print those out or display them in a browser.

2. News Listing; is it possible to filter the results only to your team? Subscribing to "News from your team only" doesn't work.

3. Not sure what the "Universe" diagram is for yet. Since it doesn't let you peruse other leagues... ?

4. When viewing a boxscore, it would be nice to be able to go forward and back by date to see others.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:38 PM   #458
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
2. News Listing; is it possible to filter the results only to your team? Subscribing to "News from your team only" doesn't work.
I think your other suggestions are good, but I have not had the same trouble filtering news from my mailbox as you have. I am subscribed to "News from [my] team only" and I have everything checked except Team Game Recaps. The only messages in my News & Mail are the ones the checkboxes would imply: opening day and All Star updates (general league news), shutouts/hitting streaks/other notable events by or against my team, and awards for my team.

What messages are you getting that you wish would be filtered out?

ETA: I see you specified "News Listing", but that is for all league news. Everything that you subscribe to in your personal News & Mail screen appears as a message in that "mailbox". If it is relevant to your team, it will be in your News & Mail. Nothing else about your team gets hidden in the News Listing.

Last edited by Threnodas; 02-20-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:17 PM   #459
sharknut
All Star Reserve

I mistakenly entered an incorrect email address when I tried to create my 3rd team and now I can't create one. Is there a way to 'delete' that 3rd team that doesn't really exist since that authorization went to another person?
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:51 PM   #460
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threnodas View Post
I think your other suggestions are good, but I have not had the same trouble filtering news from my mailbox as you have. I am subscribed to "News from [my] team only" and I have everything checked except Team Game Recaps. The only messages in my News & Mail are the ones the checkboxes would imply: opening day and All Star updates (general league news), shutouts/hitting streaks/other notable events by or against my team, and awards for my team.

What messages are you getting that you wish would be filtered out?

ETA: I see you specified "News Listing", but that is for all league news. Everything that you subscribe to in your personal News & Mail screen appears as a message in that "mailbox". If it is relevant to your team, it will be in your News & Mail. Nothing else about your team gets hidden in the News Listing.
Here's what I see on my screen... The 6 stories in Yellow are about my team - then everything after that is back to all teams.
Attached Images