Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-06-2018, 08:50 AM   #1
benjiguigui
Bat Boy

Money in the game

Do you know how much are going to cost Perfect point?
benjiguigui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:57 AM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Yes. Prices will be very similar to other games of this kind. Here's how the Perfect Point Shop will look like:

Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes. Prices will be very similar to other games of this kind. Here's how the Perfect Point Shop will look like:

I hope OOTP makes a lot of money with this game, Markus and team certainly deserves it, all the hours of hard work that goes into this game is amazing.

BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:51 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I hope OOTP makes a lot of money with this game, Markus and team certainly deserves it, all the hours of hard work that goes into this game is amazing.

Thanks! The more money we make, the more we can invest back into the game
Old 11-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #5
Scoman
All Star Starter

Quote:

What are you going to do with all that PP Markus?
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #6
FlipCup
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Thanks! The more money we make, the more we can invest back into the game
I think this is what people need to understand with a mode like this Markus and the OOTP team can use this money to reinvest into the game itself, only improving it.

However, I think the concern from other games is that if this grows into such a "Cash Cow" and brings in more revenue than normal OOTP sales, that the normal game mode may take a back seat to PT. Not saying it would happen but I think that's the concern from what I have seen in other games to where Franchise mode and other things are not focused on.

Regardless, OOTP is great and PT has been an awesome time!!

Follow my 2015 Orioles Blog! - http://ootpflipcup.blogspot.com/
FlipCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #7
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipCup View Post
I think this is what people need to understand with a mode like this Markus and the OOTP team can use this money to reinvest into the game itself, only improving it.

However, I think the concern from other games is that if this grows into such a "Cash Cow" and brings in more revenue than normal OOTP sales, that the normal game mode may take a back seat to PT. Not saying it would happen but I think that's the concern from what I have seen in other games to where Franchise mode and other things are not focused on.

Regardless, OOTP is great and PT has been an awesome time!!
That is a very valid concern based on the history of other sports games with ultimate team modes. I know as a long time MLB: The Show fan that I feel the game is all about that mode now.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:32 AM   #8
FlipCup
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
That is a very valid concern based on the history of other sports games with ultimate team modes. I know as a long time MLB: The Show fan that I feel the game is all about that mode now.
Yup, exactly. I used to love playing franchise/dynasty mode. But now their focus (And other companies) is on the Diamond Dynasty/Ultimate Team mode. So while I love PT and how it can bring OOTP tons of revenue, I just hope the DEV team doesn't lose focus of the main game mode.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:40 AM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Yup, exactly. I used to love playing franchise/dynasty mode. But now their focus (And other companies) is on the Diamond Dynasty/Ultimate Team mode. So while I love PT and how it can bring OOTP tons of revenue, I just hope the DEV team doesn't lose focus of the main game mode.
No worries
Old 11-06-2018, 12:16 PM   #10
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

How much long before we can purchase PP????????????
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:24 PM   #11
ike121212
All Star Reserve

The idea of facing a team this week with 175k points makes me nauseous. The game's fun right now, with everyone on an equal playing field.
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:25 PM   #12
FlipCup
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike121212 View Post
The idea of facing a team this week with 175k points makes me nauseous. The game's fun right now, with everyone on an equal playing field.
I assume that when PP goes on sale, prices for players will increase by fair amount. As of now, if someone were to buy the 175,000 PP; they could essentially have a top tier team.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:29 PM   #13
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike121212 View Post

Relegation and promotions should help keep the playing field relatively competitive, but I assume it will take a few seasons to work itself out. As everyone starts the journey in the same league.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:40 PM   #14
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Relegation and promotions should help keep the playing field relatively competitive, but I assume it will take a few seasons to work itself out. As everyone starts the journey in the same league.
Right, it's going to take longer than the beta runs to sort itself out. The initial impact on a free to play player is going to feel terrible. $10 is going to buy more packs than a lot of people have opened so far.

It's fun and well paced right now. Really hope you offer some type of mode that ensures a true level playing field at some point, I'd gladly pay to enter that league.

Last edited by ike121212; 11-06-2018 at 12:48 PM.
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #15
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I feel you - franchise modes have gone utterly down the drain as companies seem to focus solely on the multiplayer modes.

But if there's one company that I have utter faith in to not fall into that trap, it's OOTP. Markus hasn't led us astray in almost two decades.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:55 PM   #16
FlipCup
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
I feel you - franchise modes have gone utterly down the drain as companies seem to focus solely on the multiplayer modes.

But if there's one company that I have utter faith in to not fall into that trap, it's OOTP. Markus hasn't led us astray in almost two decades.
I agree. I also think the fan base OOTP has is a little different than Madden, Fifa, or MLB The Show

Old 11-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #17
SayHey1
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I assume that when PP goes on sale, prices for players will increase by fair amount. As of now, if someone were to buy the 175,000 PP; they could essentially have a top tier team.

They will be this game's version of the Yankees and Red Sox. Always buying players other teams can't (or won't).
SayHey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:53 PM   #18
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

No offense to anyone, but if you drop $99 on bloody pp there should be a requirement that you post this fact on the forums so that we can make fun of you.

That said, I hope lots of people spend $99 on bloody pp so that this game could have an absolutely unprecedented budget. Could you imagine OOTP with AAA money funding behind it?
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:21 PM   #19
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Over the course of the season I can see plenty of people spending that.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:52 PM   #20
FlipCup
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Over the course of the season I can see plenty of people spending that.
I agree. A lot of people have spent thousands in other similar modes. While I do find it crazy at times, some people look at it as a hobby. Instead of going out and spending $100 at a bar or something similar, they put it into a game they like and competitive game mode.